Bolt

Who's the 1st NFLer you became cognizant of?

I think mine was E.D.

It was on tv, at L.A. (disneyland? a tv shop? Both?... I was such a youngin; it gets all mixed-up, and jumbled (as to where exactly)).

Year 1984

17c06677d89b42f6e57f2b9cda397d8f.jpg

~CURT WARNER #28 Seattle Seahawks.....(my 1st favorite player even before Dickerson & Johnson).....My dad remembers me asking him why his shoulders are so big.....yes, I was like 4, and he's STILL one of the best runningbacks I'v ever seen...........I could picc the "LEGENDS" even back then.

3 hours ago, Bodom said:

58dbce97af1fd_joemorris.thumb.png.a810ac2584d2084ace4b11ea0ffb94d6.png

I went to school and played sports with his nephew.

He was mine too!  Partly due to winning my family's football pool in 86 as a kid.  I had the poster of him that you could order out of sports illustrated with the white border which i'm pissed i can't find an image of online anywhere.

My favorite NFL player as a kid:

3255-71TFr.jpg

I was so bummed that he sucked on original TSB NES.  Was pleased that he was rated better by the time SNES came out.

This guy

Image result for brett favre 1992 card

Being born on the Gulf Coast, Favre was pretty much our one and only major sports celebrity down here. His hometown of Hattiesburg was just some hours away from where I was born. My family passed on the tradition of Saints fandom onto me. Unfortunately, I got into football at the tail end of the Dome Patrol and had not really witnessed their awesomeness up front or all the playoff games they lost thanks to Bobby Hebert being an awful QB. Besides my Saints, I truly loved watching Favre play. His prime with the Packers was a lot of fun and he used to beat the 49ers regularly, whom I hated with a burning passion as a kid cause twice a year they would demolish the Saints.  

Edited by _DEBERG

937360886_Staubach1977.thumb.jpg.015cfb031695ee255e860d33fe2aba8f.jpg

I was only 6 years old when we my non-sports parents had a Super Bowl X party at our house.  Growing up outside DC everyone in my family was a Redskins fan except my two older boy cousins that liked the Cowboys just to be different.  They recruited me to the dark side* that day.  I felt bad for the losing Cowboys and Staubach.  Instantly, the Steelers became Public Enemy #1.  Two years later, losing to the Steelers again in Super Bowl XIII was even more painful.  To answer your question, Roger Staubach was tops in my book and Lynn Swann was the bottom.  The dumb redneck at QB for the Steelers was 2nd from the bottom.

*Two years ago, I finally snapped and hung up my spurs as a Cowboys fan after 40 years.  I couldn't take another single second of Jerraah Jones or Jason "The Clap" Garrett. 

I'm a free agent fan now.

@gojiphen malor I had that Refrigerator Perry G.I. Joe as a kid. He was definitely up there as a memorable figure as a kid (no pun intended).

Outside of the obvious guys (e.g.- Montana), I also have to mention Ickey Woods. As kids, we would try to do the Ickey Shuffle!

On 8/25/2018 at 4:35 PM, fatcheerleader said:

*Two years ago, I finally snapped and hung up my spurs as a Cowboys fan after 40 years.  I couldn't take another single second of Jerraah Jones or Jason "The Clap" Garrett. 

I'm a free agent fan now.

tennessee-titans-v-jacksonville-jaguars-

Titans, and those baller new uniforms (especially, the helmet) need you, FC

Roger?

Staubach 1977.jpg

Edited by Bolt