1. ~Tailback King~

~Tailback King~

• Similar Content

• By Bolt
      Ok.  Before the Season starts, full-throw I gotta grandiose little idea for a "game" we could play.

Name a number - 1 through 99 - and the Player you FIRST associate with it.  YOU CAN BE SELECTIVE, THOUGH!  If, on first association you think of a player you don't like (for whatever reason), you can think the next player, and speak it, instead...  We only want players you associate in a GOOD way!  [NOTE:  Doesn't have to be "the best" player you think of for a given number, though.]

By the end, we'll tally all the numbers, and define - by observing who had the most repeat associations among us - the Goodest *Player*... by jersey-number;  and, overall.

Here, I'll start randomly and begin with the # 75.  You all chime in with your 75 (can be the same as mine/ anyone else's), and then throw out some #'s/ players you think of.

For me, when I think of 75, I immediately think:  Joe Greene

• By buck
      There are 4x roms in the zip - actually, only two games (ROM 1 and ROM 2), but see below for reasoning for the extra two roms
      the zip also contains a basic readme, and a png image of a playbook key

View attachment: Street Tecmo 2013 v1 also with no p2.zip

View attachment: tsb street var shots 1.png

Documentation

There are two ROMs, each with 16 NFL teams.
      The only difference between the ROMs are the teams/rosters/names, etc. and the color of the endzones.

Based on Jstout's "CIFL 7-on-7" NES Tecmo Super Bowl ROM
      Upgraded plays (enhanced for the street)
      50 yard "field"

COM v MAN (you can play as player 2 if you set up your emulator)
      Competitive COM for challenging Season fun

No "Out of Bounds" - you can run into the walls

New Halftime and New Halftime Song
      Reduced Cutscreens

Game plays very fast (almost every variable is sped up greatly)
      Turnovers and scoring are common
      No punts (just "kicker")
      Countless Graphic changes

In-game playbook changing
      Cool new Uniforms (some throwbacks in there, too)
      12-game season with 8-team playoffs

"Heroes" - it's like a mini-game
      I have set up the heroes from the original Tecmo Super Bowl game
      AFC and NFC - using their original ratings (although some are decreased because it's played as pro-bowl game)
      but, it has a totally different feel and challenge than the other modern "street" teams

Pass Accuracy is completion/int variable
      KR return at their own Max Speed
      Player 2 condition indicator fixed

No pass-defender auto-dive
      Quicker dives for defenders

AI hacks
      Passing Game Hacks

Bruddog's OL/DL Differential (more random popcorn in the trenches)

HP Hack (MAN v MAN "popcorn" and/or "mash")
      Also, HP is quantized to a scale of "0 to 3 extra presses" that are added to grapple counter)
      6-25 HP = 0 extra press
      31-50 HP = 1 extra press
      56-75 HP = 2 extra press
      81-100 HP = 3 extra press

-----
      EXTRA ("no p2" versions): the (main) 1st version of TSB Street posted on 9-5-12 has a very cool hack (thanks xplozv) that lets you play as the 2nd player (2nd side) vs COM (also in season mode).
      A requirement is that you need to have your emulator set up such that you have control of the 2nd player controller (or if using an actual NES, a controller in port 2!) . In the emulator I use, I have them both programmed to the same controller/buttons.
      If you use an emulator that will not allow you to program or play as a 2nd player controller, I have provided a set of roms with the additional "no p2" characters in the rom filename. this "no p2" will play just like the original TSB - MAN will always be player one side when playing COM.

Therefore I have updated the zip to include these "no p2" versions. I also updated the readme in the zip. No other changes have been made.
      --

We must thank the following, because this rom would not be possible without their past or present help:
      jstout, bruddog, cxrom, bad_al, average tsb player, elway, knobbe, bodom, and xplozv

(jstout did not have any direct hand in the making of this ROM, but we thought we should credit him because we used his CIFL 7-on-7 ROM as our base)

--

it's a party, jerk. so enjoy it.

This post has been promoted to an article

View full article
    • By Mike Gordan
      Congratulations, Philadelphia Eagles for ending your 57-year championship drought and taking Super Bowl LII.

Might as well start this new thread for a new season, since Maynard seems to have vanished off the face of the earth at around the time of the Super Bowl.  Hope he's doing well.

So discuss the current NFL season here.
    • By Bolt
      Champione...  EVERYONE under the Sun - Who you gots?!?

Sunday, 2/4/2018 6:30pmE.T.                 

@

{@ Minneapolis, Minnesota - Vikings stadium.}

Conference-championship Borgger MedalShip, 'ere:
      http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/70112-conference-championships-pickem/?do=findComment&comment=488559
      (Silver was won by 1-1 piccs, I forgot to mention...)
    • By Bolt
      Hooray!  Hoorah!  Can you go 2-0?!

Sunday, 1/21/2018 3:05pmE.T.      
        @  = N.E

6:40pmE.T.                                           
        @  = PHI

Here are Divisional round Medallions: