Lewis County, WA - 03/11/17 - Cascadia F*cking Tecmo League: Season Zero

manYo

~Cascadia Fucking Tecmo~

CFT_zpsahjcfxtc.png

tecmo gods, über alles

CFT CALENDAR:

• March 5 (Sun.): CFT Press Releases
    • CFT Charter, Constitution and General Declarations of Greatness (first draft; some content subject to change by vote on 3/11)
    • CFT Season Zero: League Ballot (issues to vote on before Season Zero; subject to change based on league input in week leading up to 3/11)
  • March 8 (Wed.): Season Zero Roster Submission Deadline
    • Submit your Season Zero roster to Manyo before this date (Manyo will submit his to Kamphuna before 3/4). {Details and salary cap spreadsheet below in this post}
  • March 11 (Sat.): "Season Zero" -- Coffin Corner, Lewis County
    • 2--3pm: Preseason (scrims)
    • 3~4pm: Initial League Meeting of Minds and Spirits (discussion, ballot voting, etc.)
    • ~4--9pm: Season Zero of CFT (see below)
  • April 15 (Sat.): "1960 Draft" -- Seattle area
    • 2~6pm(?): Initial Draft of CFT teams from 1960 NFL/AFL player pool (player ratings released by April 4).
    • ~6pm--?: enter 1960 PRESEASON MODE (scrims, trades, etc.)
  • May 20 (Sat.): "1960 Season" -- Coffin Corner, Lewis County
    • 2--3pm: Preseason / League Meeting
    • 3--9pm: 1960 Regular Season and Playoffs... enter 1961 PREASEASON MODE (aging/gains ceremonies, etc.)
  • June 17 (Sat.): "1961 Season" -- Coffin Corner, Lewis County
    • 2--3pm: Preseason / League Meeting
    • 3--9pm: 1961 Regular Season and Playoffs... enter 1962 PREASEASON MODE (aging/gains ceremonies, etc.)
  • FUTURE DATES: "1963+ Seasons"
    • FEB--JUN 2017 (3rd Sat. of each month): 1963-1967 Seasons
    • OTHER Dates: as determined by league vote

CFT LINKS:

CFT LEAGUE MEMBERS (max: 8):

1. MadManyo360 [Lewis County] CHIEFS1
  2. DT [Bremerton] SEAHAWKS1
  3. turbohuna4eva! [Tacoma] COWBOYS1
  4. Tick [U-Place] BENGALS1
  5. XtraLargent [Wenatchee]: RAIDERS1
  6. InvaderStar [???]: <team?>
  7. ???
  8. ???

"CFT: SEASON ZERO" FORMAT:

• Salary Cap Rosters: Before the tournament, each player will select their roster using the official "CFT Season Zero SALARY CAP WORKSHEET" [see attached at bottom of this post].  Each team's salary will be $100.  There are no reserved players so, for example, there is the potential for 8 Johnny Johnsons to be seen running the rock at this tournament.
  • Franchise Selection: Players can select their franchise in the order they register [see "CFT LEAGUE MEMBERS" above for franchise allocations].  However, franchises will only be allocated for Season Zero, with the results of Season Zero being used as the draft order for 1960 franchises (drafting first to worst).
  • Roster Submission: Players must send their rosters to Manyo by March 8 (Wed.), who will then create the ROM and send it out to players before Friday 3/10.  Manyo will send his roster to Kamphuna by March 4.
  • Game Stats: All game stats will be uploaded to dynastyphile after each game.  Box score printouts should also be available at the tournament.
  • Player Position Notes: Preseason alignment changes will not be allowed (ie, OL and DEF are native TSB alignments), although in-game substitutions of QB/RB/WR/TE are allowed, as usual.  However, note the following position restrictions: RB must play RB; WR must play WR; and TE must play TE.  To determine a player's {official} position, check his player profile on TSB (ie, Ricky Sanders is a "WR").  NOTE: In situations where you have no players designated for a certain position (eg, no TEs because of multiple injuries, or if you draft the HOU WRs and thus have no TE), you can put anyone you like in that slot.
  • Injuries: Injuries will be in effect, and players will face the following probabilities of returning from injury: 1st game after injury, DOUBTFUL (25%); 2nd game after injury, QUESTIONABLE (50%); 3rd game after injury, PROBABLE (75%); and 4th game after injury, auto-RETURN (100%).
  • Kickers/Punters: Each team's K/P kicking attributes will be set to "50"; then each player will need to create a name for their K and P.
  • "4th Man Down": on FG/XP is allowed.
  • Entry Fees: $20 entry fee... 2nd place gets money back, 1st place gets the rest.
  • Game Rules: All other {official} CFT Game Rules apply in this tournament (see below in post).
  • SEASON ZERO SCHEDULE <subject to change based on how many players show up>:
    • Regular Season: All teams will be placed in the same "division," and each team will play every other team twice in a home/away series.  Actual order of games/opponents will be randomly drawn before the tournament begins.
    • Playoffs: Top 2 teams in the division (using current NFL tiebreaking rules, if necessary) will play in the Super Bowl.

What is the CFT and CFT League?

• The CFT is... <declaration/constitution coming soon>
  • The CFT League will consist of no more than 8 players.  Anyone beyond the original 8 who wish to enter the league when a spot is available will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are received.
  • League will begin by drafting NFL/AFL players from 1960 historical rosters, playing season by season from that point forward with fully tracked stats, rookie drafts, and aging/gain rolls.  League games will be played on Everdrive ROMs (thus enabling the saving of game stats and playing with edited rosters), but otherwise will utilize OEM consoles and controllers played on CRT-TVs.
  • Each League season, starting with 1960, will be played once a month from February to June of each calendar year, on the 3rd Saturday of each month.  Other {official} seasons may be added on top of this schedule, but only by approval of a unanimous league vote.  League will meet for each season in Centralia or some other agreed upon location (about 3/year in Centralia, 2/year in either Seattle or Portland).
  • <OTHER details... coming soon>

How to Join and Fully Participate in the CFT League?

• In order to join this radical tecmo organization, you probably need to live in the Pacific Northwest.  You will also need to post in this thread: (1) your desire to be in the league, (2) your franchise, i.e. one of the teams from the original TSB, and (3) the city or area you intend to represent with your tecmo play.  Initial league members will be accepted in the order they are received, up to eight people max... any submissions beyond the first eight will be put on a waiting list in the order they are received.
  • This thread on tecmobowl.org may and will be utilized for league discussion, but primarily is intended for posting {official} releases, results, and other generalized updates on the CFT.  Much of the CFT and League discussion will more than likely take place in a more detailed fashion in the {official} Discord Chat Room.

CFT GAME RULES:

• No rushing with WR or TE: Here is the breakdown as to who can play what position.  RBs can only play RB, WRs can only play WR, and TEs can only play TE.  A player's position will be declared during each League Draft, although special rules may apply to some players as they come out as rookies (eg Kordell Stewart), all of which will be fully explained in advance of that player entering the draft.
  • Ties: Ties are accepted in the regular season.  But in the playoffs, if a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score ("sudden death") in the new game is the winner.  In this case, players must use the same playbooks as they had in the regulation game.  Also, whoever received the kickoff in the first overtime must kickoff in the 2nd OT (the “new game”).
  • Lurching: To "lurch" is to use one of your defensive linemen to dive in at the very beginning of the play and either sack the QB or tackle the RB before those plays really had a chance to develop. Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL…

When crossing over the line of scrimmage WITHIN the restricted circle (SEE GRAPHIC BELOW) with a DL, before making a play on the ball carrier, you must first bump or grapple with an opposing player who is not the ball carrier. However, there are no restrictions on DL when the offense is in the shotgun or when crossing over the line of scrimmage OUTSIDE the restricted circle."

lurching.gif

• 4th Man Down: Using the LB1 (4th man down) to attempt to block Field Goals or Extra Points WILL be allowed at anytime in the CFT.
  • Coin Toss: Do not skip the coin toss unless both players agree to do so before the game.
  • Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are allowed at any time, in any game situation.
  • Nintendo/SaveState Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. <insert info about saved states>
  • Controllers: Players are not allowed to bring their own controller to use in games.  Nor are they allowed to switch controllers on the machine without prior agreement from both players.  If there is a problem with a controller, notify your opponent asap.  Outside controllers are welcome, but they are not allowed to travel with a player throughout the tournament.
  • Tournament Disputes: Manyo is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is, then Kamphuna will resolve the dispute.  If they’re both playing, then it's mob rule I guess.
  • Etiquette: It is suggested that you say good luck before, and good game after each contest.  Above all, remember to have fun, battle hard, and know that the Tecmo Gods WILL play their role in determining your fate in this tournament... all praise to 'em!

CFT Season Zero SALARY CAP WORKSHEET.xlsx

Will complete the details for this tournament by the end of the weekend, including how to register, the salary cap spreadsheet, and more... and send an e-mail out to all prospective founding members as well.

I would expect registration to open next week sometime.

This is going to be a unique tecmo experience, greatly looking forward to it.

hey @bruddog could you post here in this thread the most recent update of your salary cap spreadsheet please?

we will use whatever bru posts here without any editing from myself.  also, I will send bru (or someone else we all know that isn't in the league) a copy of my team ahead of the deadline for other league players so there is assurance my team was chosen blind as all others are expected to do as well.

@manyo360

Feel free to edit it as needed...there are always a few position groupings that could be adjusted up or down depending on if you get to move players from their OG rom spots...personal preference etc. 

Okoye aka KC RB's hard to place as it depends on the overall HP that ends up getting used.

tecmo_salary_cap.xlsx

On 1/18/2017 at 6:47 AM, manyo360 said:
  • Tournament Disputes: Manyo is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is, then Kamphuna will resolve the dispute.  If they’re both playing, then it's mob rule I guess.

your assumption that I will be there is, well, I guess...

COME ON! WE ALL KNOW KAMP da TRAMP, TURBOHUNA4EVA, The man who put the KING in PUKING, I WILL BE THERE!@

How to Register?

• Registration will open this Wednesday at 7pm.  After that time, in order to register, you need to post in this thread: (1) your desire to be in the league, (2) your commitment to being at our first season's tournament on Feb. 18, (3) your top-3 team choices from the original TSB (for your PNWTL franchise), and (4) your home town.  Initial league members will be accepted in the order they are received, up to eight people max... any submissions beyond the first eight will be put on a waiting list in the order they are received.

Once we have the players and teams sorted out, I will post and/or e-mail the procedures for drafting your squad, and also solicit ideas to vote on at the first league meeting.  I will also request a seperate sub-forum on this site for future league postings.

Edited by manYo

2 hours ago, Tick said:

If we're using this spreadsheet from Bruddog, what is typical salary cap for each team? 100 mil?

it looks like he created it around a 100 mil cap... so we could either do that, or do a random roll of sorts and say the salary cap is however many points the Trailblazers score on Friday night or something

On 1/23/2017 at 6:05 AM, madmanyo360 said:

How to Register?

• Registration will open this Wednesday at 7pm.  After that time, in order to register, you need to post in this thread: (1) your desire to be in the league, (2) your commitment to being at our first season's tournament on Feb. 18, (3) your top-3 team choices from the original TSB (for your PNWTL franchise), and (4) your home town.  Initial league members will be accepted in the order they are received, up to eight people max... any submissions beyond the first eight will be put on a waiting list in the order they are received.

Once we have the players and teams sorted out, I will post and/or e-mail the procedures for drafting your squad, and also solicit ideas to vote on at the first league meeting.  I will also request a seperate sub-forum on this site for future league postings.

like everybody else I forgot about this in the heat of preparing for the P-Town Throwdown, but....... REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.

I will consider @DT. registered and give him SEA...... and also register @kamphuna8 and @Tick, however I recall Tick likes DAL too, so unless I'm wrong in that memory whichever of the two posts their preferred team first may have it, but for now DAL is set aside for one of them.

I am calling KC.

That leaves 4 spots open and I will be handing out flyers today in Portland, so.... whoever else wants a piece of this, you better jump in soon, or else suffer the Regrets later.  To date, I have understated how all-in I am for this league, and frankly feel no need to hype it much at all...... on the contrary, i gotta trust the true hardcore gentleman of tecmo in our region will recognize this for what it is, and most especially, what it can become...... which in my take is nothing less than the apogee of tecmo-sport as we know it, and the vanguard and heartbeat of a strong and thriving tecmo scene here in the PNW.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, madmanyo360 said:

need 4 more people still, if league not filled by Friday, Feb. 3 I will cancel this event

well i hope you guys are doing things way cooler than playing tecmo one day a month, like fighting for the resistance or taking a walk in the park or something..... so what I am going to do instead is cancel the Mayhem7 tournament on March 11, and push PNWTL (we need a new name, really) S1 to March 11 instead....... Mayhem7 will happen at some spontaneous juncture within the next few years, and at a spontaneous place (4+ people + mayhem) of no one's choosing, we shall see....... but this PNWTL idea will never die until I do, and in fact I am so committed to this league (including big $) that I will provisionally say right now that April 1 PNWTC6 will be my last big "open" tournament, and I am going to focus on this league idea instead...... I will be open to selling some of my equipment and TVs that day if anyone is interested.

as for PNWTL, we got 4 guys right now...... we need 4 more, but can start with 2 more for a total of 6..... at some point I will start recruiting guys, but for now anyone can sign up by just posting in this thread...... again, once we got enough I will create a forum either here or elsewhere so we can get this thing going and set for Season 1..... and again, my vision for the future of this league is something like play a season every two months or so (6-7 hours per season, by my calculations), and after S1 we can start doing things like play certain seasons of NFL (start in 1970?), draft players, run it like a WTF-style league (or not), whatever the league decides.  If people are centrally located, for example around Seattle, then I can travel up there for some or all seasons, if accomodations and your wifeys allow.  MAHALO!

On 2/3/2017 at 10:43 PM, kamphuna8 said:

That is kind of up to TDO or Baxter. Not sure tbh

ok thank you, i will attempt to contact them and ask.  if anyone in the league wants to volunteer to be the website guy, it would unlock a world of potential for us.  i have some limited experience patching the old NTF site together, albeit with 100% help from kamphuna, and whereas i find myself capable of applying logic and instinct to a wide panoply of worldy fields, i have found code and databases and computers in general to be my spiritual kryptonite (except excel, i'm a wizard on excel, and only because of my participation in tecmo league drafts).  at the very least, a website where we can upload game stats and conduct drafts is what we are looking for, but bells and whistles like the newer WTF sites are always neat as well, but a message board forum could serve our misc. purposes there perhaps.

WEEKLY UPDATES:

• GAME RECORDS: we should be able to record every league game via split-out capture cards (nsv files not possible), e.g. so that highlight videos could be produced in the interim between seasons..... also, as I believe I've mentioned before, I have created some word and excel docs which will enable us to print out fully loaded boxscores for each game with the press of a few buttons..... you can take home a booklet with your stats for each season.
  • LEAGUE FORUM: a seperate forum is in the works, at which time I will begin organizing the league more concretely, soliciting ideas, conducting votes, etc.
  • PLAYER RECRUITMENT: today I will begin to recruit a few more guys, as well as publicly advertise locally here in lewis county.... basically looking for anyone who can commit to coming together for a "tecmo night" one saturday every two months, and conduct offseason tasks in the interim (drafts, trades, etc.).... we don't need to rush to fill the league, ideally we want the right guys in the beginning, and if that takes time, then all the better.
    • If an owner is unable to make it on a given saturday, we should be able to find someone to play his season for him (top of the waiting list, eg)..... and we can make rules whereby if an owner misses a few saturdays in a given time frame, then we replace him from top of the waiting list.
  • LEAGUE START GOALS: my goal is to get everything surrounding the league nailed down by the end of February... including owners, players, website, forum, rules, format, etc..... and frankly that is very ambitious and probably not possibile, but I will do my best..... at the very least, on March 11, we can do the OG-TSB salary cap idea, test out the technologies, banter league ideas, vote, etc...... if not begin a full-fledged 1970/1980 dynasty league, which will take a bit more time to set-up initially.

Edited by manYo

I ask anyone, anyone at all that sees this..... What should we name this league? I just can't come up with anything more plain jane than PNWTL (Pacific Northwest Tecmo League).  Name should probably represent something with geographical location and the fact it is a league.... but maybe that's my logic choking out my creativity, accepting all suGGestions!