War Machine

Thunderdome IX Game Recaps: Group Play (KC-MIA, MIN-RAMS, DEN-SD, PHX-DAL, ATL-NO)

Group J Championship:

Nos vs. Neerm

I win toss and call DEN-SD.  Neerm selects SD.  

Pretty even matchup in the first half with Denver up 10-7, when a picked play gets picked off by Kragen and taken to the house.  17-7 Denver at the half.  Denver scored first in half 2 and that pretty much sealed it.  Couple of picks for the Chargers in this one were costly, none more than the return for a TD.

Broncos win 24-10.

gg Neerm.  glrw.

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75763

3 hours ago, Nos said:

Group J Championship:

Nos vs. Neerm

I win toss and call DEN-SD.  Neerm selects SD.  

Pretty even matchup in the first half with Denver up 10-7, when a picked play gets picked off by Kragen and taken to the house.  17-7 Denver at the half.  Denver scored first in half 2 and that pretty much sealed it.  Couple of picks for the Chargers in this one were costly, none more than the return for a TD.

Broncos win 24-10.

gg Neerm.  glrw.

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75763

Nos advances to the bracket and neerrm will play in losers final vs the winner of dueceloose and gamehigh.

Edited by War Machine

Group J Losers Round 1 - http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75764

GameHigh vs Dueceloose

I called DEN-SD and Duece selected SD.  Broncos got off to a slow start down 9-0 after giving up a safety.  Chargers then drove down the field again until an end-zone INT from BJ gave the Broncos new life.  Denver suddenly remembered the Chargers shamefully ditched SD for LA and in disgust pours on 37 unanswered points for the victory. 

gg Duece.

ziur chose minn/rams

i took rams, i get KO, i fumble, next play rb walker runs in from 6 yrds out

KO , fumble again, this time minn only gets FG, 10 -0 minn but minn wont score again as rams come back from awful start and win 21-10

gg ziur

game 

• Group D
  • Brudog Won Toss
  • Brudog calls Dal/Phx
  • Darth Selects Dal
  • An opening drive turns into a fumble for Brudog.  Ball bounces around forever and gets picked up by Dal.  Touchdowns are exchanged and at the half its 7 to 7.  I get the kickoff and go up 7 to 14.  Another rough fumble by brudog an its 7 to 17.   He gets a long JJ on one play and is back in it  14 - 17.  Emmit Smith goes into excellent and eventually runs in for a touchdown.  14 - 24 Final score. Got lucky with some fumbles against the master.  GG.  

brudogdarth.nsv

14 minutes ago, Darth RockMan said:
  • Group D
  • Brudog Won Toss
  • Brudog calls Dal/Phx
  • Darth Selects Dal
  • An opening drive turns into a fumble for Brudog.  Ball bounces around forever and gets picked up by Dal.  Touchdowns are exchanged and at the half its 7 to 7.  I get the kickoff and go up 7 to 14.  Another rough fumble by brudog an its 7 to 17.   He gets a long JJ on one play and is back in it  14 - 17.  Emmit Smith goes into excellent and eventually runs in for a touchdown.  14 - 24 Final score. Got lucky with some fumbles against the master.  GG.  

brudogdarth.nsv

Rockman wins Group D and advances to the Bracket!  Bruddog faces Ryan11p in losers final to advance.

24 minutes ago, daboy8821 said:

ziur chose minn/rams

i took rams, i get KO, i fumble, next play rb walker runs in from 6 yrds out

KO , fumble again, this time minn only gets FG, 10 -0 minn but minn wont score again as rams come back from awful start and win 21-10

gg ziur

game 

Daboy wins Group G and advances to the Bracket!  ziur faces baxter in losers final to advance.

5 minutes ago, bruddog said:

It was the second fumble that bounced forever... the first was right near the oob line. Rockman converted a huge 4th and 2 up 17-14 rather than settling for the FG. GG man. 

I figured with the clock going down the additional field goal would not help me against a JJ at the end of the game.   That fumble took forever!   GG 

Group C
I won toss and chose KC/MIA
Hoff chooses MIA, I am left with KC
I get ball throw pick opening drive. Hoff scores, I score. From there, Miami throws a couple INT's and fumbles. A couple CC"s from each team..Mitchell comes in end of game down 28-14 throws a JJ with time expiring. 

Final: KC- 28 MIA- 21

GG Bae

Edited by MattyD

7 minutes ago, MattyD said:

Group C
I won toss and chose KC/MIA
Hoff chooses MIA, I am left with KC
I get ball throw pick opening drive. Hoff scores, I score. From there, Miami throws a couple INT's and fumbles. A couple CC"s from each team..Mitchell comes in end of game down 28-14 throws a JJ with time expiring. 

Final: KC- 28 MIA- 21

GG Bae

Matty D wins group C and advances to Bracket!  Hoff will play winner of @modeezie/ @tecmo_ninja in losers final

Hoff beat odell tonight and posted recap after his game with Matt.  So the sequence of games are out of order.

Edited by War Machine

purple haze won coin toss, he selected Phx. vs. Dal. I took dallas

I kicked off he drove down field easily  thanks to a nice timed jj.. my first drive ended at mid field on 4th down. but Phx. missed a fg. to give Dallas back the ball. finally I drove down the field but fumbled.. phx then had there best drive of the game marching down and scoring before half to take a 14-0 lead at half..

more of the same to start second half Dallas marched down the field and again fumbled. luckily for me I was able to get a quick int. and run one in with Emmit. 7-14 to start the 4th. a quick 3 and out allowed Dallas plenty of time to march down and tie it up with 45 seconds left... phx. won the O.T.  coin toss and was moving the ball but a deep pass to Roy Green was pick off.. cowboys marched down the field and kicked a fg. with 1 second left...

cowboys 17

cardnals 14

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75712

• Group D
  • Ryan Won Toss
  • Ryan calls Den/SD
  • I take SD
  • Mix and match well on my opening drive and its 7-0. Den also does a good job keeping SD off balance with a nice mixture of plays. KEy play early was junior seau with a big drone sack on 2nd down to make it 3rd and 7. SD gets a called play on 4th and 4 to take over on downs.Another solid drive with a dique by Butts to gain an extra 30 or so. Tolliver narrowly punches it in on a QB scramble in the redzone to make it 14-0. SD has the mojo going and forces a 4th and 5. Seale tries to stay between elway and the first down and the open streaking wr. Elways goes to pass and...DISCONNECT. Accidental mishap due to ryan's dog bumping into the power cord.  Luckily my movie file worked and seale did not jump and elway completes the pass. WE recreate the situation with ryan having the ball 45 yds from endzone first down with 3:15 left or so. Elway makes a dope pass in the redzone to the moving RB and my guy is caught in no mans land and dives giving up the easy score. 

SD drive stalls at 4th and 4 and i begrudgingly punt as its too short a field but wondering if I'll have any time left for a response drive if he scores.                Punt goes far back but its looking like a bad choice as den again finds its stride and is moving down the field and converts a big 3rd or 4th down to              keep  clock moving.  I force another 4th down and Elway has nowhere to go as everyone is covered. Elways gets caught in no mans land deciding between pas and run as I goo deep initially and I am able to get him for the easy sack and TOD. Vlasic comes in after getting one first down to help waste some time. Twice he was wr's open that would seal the game but they are overthrown. Kidd punts with 3 seconds left to ice it.

GG Ryan  

Final SD 14  Den 7

Rico33 wins group I and advances.  Purplehaze vs DT in losers final.

Bruddog takes second place in Group D and Ryan11p is eliminated.

Edited by War Machine

Gg brud sorry for the dsync and thanks for finishing the game class act, my dog General Jackson apologies too. He unplugged my comp, being a clumsy old boxer.

R2

I chose KC-MIA

Diaz takes MIAEvery throw marino threw into coverage was basically an interception. I definitely got the roll of the dice in that regard. Percy had 2 INTs I believe. I moved the ball pretty well on offense, but kept on fumbling. I lost two of them during the game. The connection was bad. I am going to play at my parents house from now on and I have years of experience playing there with no lag/choppiness.

GG brother

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75776

4 minutes ago, disastamasta142 said:

R2

I chose KC-MIA

Diaz takes MIAEvery throw marino threw into coverage was basically an interception. I definitely got the roll of the dice in that regard. Percy had 2 INTs I believe. I moved the ball pretty well on offense, but kept on fumbling. I lost two of them during the game. The connection was bad. I am going to play at my parents house from now on and I have years of experience playing there with no lag/choppiness.

GG brother

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75776

disastamasta wins Group F and advances to the Bracket.  Ol' Dirty and Bo play in the losers final.  Bo cannot call SD-DEN, MIA-KC and Diaz cannot call SD-DEN.

Group C, Losers Bracket

Tecmo Ninja wins toss and calls NO/ATL.  ODell takes ATL.

Such a hard fought game, and close throughout.  ATL loses a fumble, and gets safetied to close out the half, in addition to some JJ magic to Heyward, and Fenerty (3), the Saints are able to maintain a late lead, hitting the Morten Andersen FG with just under 2:00 to play to give the Saints a 15-14 lead.  Falcons are able to get a couple of big plays to their big play makers, Rozier and Rison.  ATL bangs through the game winner with just seconds to play, 17-15.  Key plays of the game, in addition to what has already been mentioned were two crucial Deion INTs at the goalline.  Only thing that kept the Falcons in this one.  GG Chris, and looking forward to seeing you soon brother!  

FALCONS1 17

SAINTS1 15

1 minute ago, modeezie said:

Group C, Losers Bracket

Tecmo Ninja wins toss and calls NO/ATL.  ODell takes ATL.

Such a hard fought game, and close throughout.  ATL loses a fumble, and gets safetied to close out the half, in addition to some JJ magic to Heyward, and Fenerty (3), the Saints are able to maintain a late lead, hitting the Morten Andersen FG with just under 2:00 to play to give the Saints a 15-14 lead.  Falcons are able to get a couple of big plays to their big play makers, Rozier and Rison.  ATL bangs through the game winner with just seconds to play, 17-15.  Key plays of the game, in addition to what has already been mentioned were two crucial Deion INTs at the goalline.  Only thing that kept the Falcons in this one.  GG Chris, and looking forward to seeing you soon brother!  

FALCONS1 17

SAINTS1 15

Tecmo_ninja is eliminated and Odell now faces @hoffnasty9 in the losers final.  Hoff is free to call any of the 5 matchups and Odell cannot call MIN-RAMS.

• Your Group E
  • Flash won Toss
  • KC/Mia
  • ScienceGuy takes Mia, Flash gets KC
  • Final KC 13, Miami 10
  • KC took opening drive to near midfield and settled for a FG. Miami was able to drive down on a number of runs and score to lead 7-3 at the end of 1. KC got a big pass to Bill Jones down to the Miami 20 and was able to finish the drive to take a 10-7 lead. KC's D stepped up to keep Miami out of the endzone as time expired in the 2nd. 10-7 at the half. No scoring in the third as both defenses stepped up. Miami drove down to the KC 20 but stalled and kicked the tying field goal. 10-10 with 2:50 left. KC drove slowly down behind Okoye's and DeBerg's running and a few passes. With the clock winding down, KC kicked the game-winning field goal as time expired. 13-10

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75783

2 minutes ago, flash80 said:
  • Your Group E
  • Flash won Toss
  • KC/Mia
  • ScienceGuy takes Mia, Flash gets KC
  • Final KC 13, Miami 10
  • KC took opening drive to near midfield and settled for a FG. Miami was able to drive down on a number of runs and score to lead 7-3 at the end of 1. KC got a big pass to Bill Jones down to the Miami 20 and was able to finish the drive to take a 10-7 lead. KC's D stepped up to keep Miami out of the endzone as time expired in the 2nd. 10-7 at the half. No scoring in the third as both defenses stepped up. Miami drove down to the KC 20 but stalled and kicked the tying field goal. 10-10 with 2:50 left. KC drove slowly down behind Okoye's and DeBerg's running and a few passes. With the clock winding down, KC kicked the game-winning field goal as time expired. 13-10

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75783

Flash takes 2nd place and moves on to bracket!  Scienceguy is eliminated