War Machine

Thunderdome IX Game Recaps: Group Play (KC-MIA, MIN-RAMS, DEN-SD, PHX-DAL, ATL-NO)

24 minutes ago, ChaosConffetti said:
  • Group E
  • Scienceguy
  • S.D vs Den
  • S.D
  • game started out back and forth.. great play by both teams.. Broncos get a fg right before the half to go up 3.. Broncos receive and turn the ball over resulting in a td on a S.D drive.. S.D got momentum and kept it.. on picked play Broncos cough it up and superhuman runs back the whole way.. very well played Scienceguy.. case of tough luck.. gltrw¬†

CHARGERS1 28

BRONCOS1 17

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

scienceguyrd2thunderdome.nsv

With this win, Jesus/Chaos wins group E and earns a first round bye in single elimination bracket!  

Scienceguy now faces flash80 in losers final where winner clinches a berth to single elimination bracket.

9 minutes ago, joeygats said:

jp wins toss and calls mia vs kc i take mia. i win 38-10 but it was 17-10 and jp was driving for the tie and fumbles and i score 24-10 his next drive another fumble and it got more silly from there.. gg man 

thunderdomegroupjp.nsv

With this win, Joeygats wins group B and earns a first round bye in single elimination bracket!  

JP now faces winner of Kamp/Casual_T  in losers final where winner clinches a berth to single elimination bracket.

• Your Group A
  • RetroNathan won Toss
  • DAL/PHX
  • Retro had DAL, Arn chose PHX
  • Final DAL 21 PHX 7
  • PHX fumbled the opening kickoff, recovered by DAL. A quick seven points, and PHX had the ball back. DAL stops PHX, and scores on the ensuing drive, going up 14-0 by the end of the 1st. PHX has an excellent drive to end the first half, scoring to make it 14-7 DAL. Another 2 turnovers by PHX, including a fumble after a 50+ yd run¬†in the second half, DAL eventually scores to take a 21-7 lead. The score would remain the same at the final. Arn played well, and the score isn't indicative of how he really played. Had more of an overtime feel than a two-score game.

Thunderdome Retro v Arn.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

Group B Loser out game,

He wins toss and goes KC MIA, I chose KC .

Started bad for KC but eventually able to come back and hold on.

GG CasualT GLRW

25 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

Loser out winner moves to Single Elim Bracket

Me vs JP, he wins toss, goes DAL PHX, I take DAL

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75728

gg jp, glrw

Kamp wins 2nd place in the group and advances to single elimination bracket.  

JustinPeters is eliminated.

GG

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75731

Group H

I won toss and called Mia/KC

Ngunn chose Mia

Game was 14-7 at halftime with Ngunn receiving the 2nd half kickoff. Game ultimately became out of reach when the QB fumbled on a picked play and I ran it back for a TD. GG Ngunn and nice to talk/play against you. GLRW

Final 28-7 KC over Mia

Group H

I won toss and chose SD/Den

Louis chose Den

Game got out of hand early when I was up 7-0 and Louis had a fumble on his own 15. Some lag had an obvious affect on his game. Breaks went in my direction this game. GG Louis and GLRW.

Final SD 32 Den 0

14 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

Group H

I won toss and chose SD/Den

Louis chose Den

Game got out of hand early when I was up 7-0 and Louis had a fumble on his own 15. Some lag had an obvious affect on his game. Breaks went in my direction this game. GG Louis and GLRW.

Final SD 32 Den 0

Regulator wins group H and gets a first round bye in single elimination bracket.  Red98 will face the winner of ngunn and Prime.

GROUP A Loser's bracket recap:

Arn wins toss, picks DEN/SD

I take DEN

Butts leads off the game on a tear, behind a wall of blockers rips off a 70 yarder - 7-0 on the first play. Broncs answer on a long drive, capped off with an Elway scramble.

Then it turns sour for SD. They fumble on the next two possessions and Broncs convert on both. 21-7 Broncs with only a few left in half. A stop could seal the game, but the Chargers put together a nice drive and a burn route to Early catches Fletcher flat footed, just past the fingertips. 21-14 at half.

Broncs receive, tables turn a bit when Elway misses a wide open receiver on a 4th down play, throwing short to get picked off. Chargers turn it back up, but they are stopped in the red zone, and conservatively take a FG. 21-17.

Denver stalls in SD territory and sends in Treadwell. O'Neal says no, denied! It's a block!

A few plays later, SD goes up on a Butts run 24-21. Holy shite, what a turn of events. Broncs have 1.5 min left and have to hustle. They get it to midfield quickly, and set up a 55 yarder with 5 seconds left. This time, Treadwell knocks it through, even with Leslie in his face. We go to OT!

Broncs get the toss and on a good pass/run combo have the Chargers off balance, and set up a walk in for Elway to win the game, his third rush TD of the game. 30-24 is the final.

Definitely some tecmo shenanigans involved here, but it was an exciting game. GG Arn, rough luck.

BOX: http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75740

Edited by drake

• Group F(unk)
  • ODT won toss
  • Den/SD
  • DEN - jebigred
  • SD kicked off and got worked on the first possession while DEN killed nearly the whole first quarter. On SD's first possession moved the ball okay with some missed opportunities and stubbornly refused to kick for a TOD. DEN driving again and as clock ticked down there's a fumble score for a touchdown. Lots of run3 was called on both sides of the ball which is very typical in this matchup. I happened to catch him on a run2 to tie things up at the half. Second half more sloppy play from SD QBs and bad luck for the DEN squad. A couple interceptions by the much superior SD secondary followed by a "good" Pickle in the 4th for better offensive results. Not sure if I've played BigRed before but I remember him coming on the scene as I was going out. He was pretty crisp and if not for the fumble return for touchdown we'd have gone to OT (if I'm lucky) and could have had a different result. You can see by the first downs and running yards I kinda got my ass kicked head to head. GG dude!

jebigredODT.JPG

ODTvsJEBIGRED.nsv

Edited by OL' Dirty Tecmo

Group A

RetroNathan won the toss

He called KC v MIA

I took KC (couldn't resist)

Game started with a stop each. Then Nathan's promising drive ends in an INT. Okoye goes into GOOD. The Nightmare breaks off some nice runs for me including one right before half to set up a FG make. Second half is more Okoye with Paige keeping things balanced in the passing game, and I go up 3 scores (17-0). Marino can't buy a CC to save his life - even vs a sole LB in coverage - until it was too late. I got some nice breaks in this one. GG sir and GLRW.

vikingmoe02 (K.C) 0  10  7  14       31
Retro4Ever (MIA) 0 0 0 13       13

vikingmoe02 Stat Retro4Ever
7/10 Passing 4/14
196 Pass Yards 187
2 Pass TD’s 2
11 Rushing 7
162 Rush Yards 46
2 Rush TD’s 0
2 Sacks 0
1 Interceptions 0
9 First Downs 5

5 minutes ago, vikingmoe02 said:

Group A

RetroNathan won the toss

He called KC v MIA

I took KC (couldn't resist)

Game started with a stop each. Then Nathan's promising drive ends in an INT. Okoye goes into GOOD. The Nightmare breaks off some nice runs for me including one right before half to set up a FG make. Second half is more Okoye with Paige keeping things balanced in the passing game, and I go up 3 scores (17-0). Marino can't buy a CC to save his life - even vs a sole LB in coverage - until it was too late. I got some nice breaks in this one. GG sir and GLRW.

vikingmoe02 (K.C) 0  10  7  14       31
Retro4Ever (MIA) 0 0 0 13       13

vikingmoe02 wins group A and moves on to single elimination bracket.  Drake vs retronathan winner moves on!

Group D

Timbone wins toss

He calls  KC v MIA

I take MIA

Force a punt on the first drive but Marino gives it right back on an everyone covered bomb that gets picked on my first offensive play. Deberg promptly hits paige for an 80 yd jj td on 3rd down. 7-0 Timbone. Put together a nice drive to tie it up at 7-7. Another punt and drive and its 14-7. I rush the passer to try and prevent a bomb but he gets into FG range and makes it 14-10. All Mia in the second half as Deberg goes cold with some drops and 2 picks. MIA avoids disaster on a sack fumble as the OL recovers right away. Marino and a good 94HP paige and a good duper make mincemeat of the KC D in the second half. Duper takes a knee on the 1 on the final play out of sportsmanship

Final 35-10 

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75743

Group I

DT won the toss

He called Minn vs Rams

I took Minn

DT gets the kick to start the game and scores quickly with a deep JJ to Ellard.  I get the kick and drive down the field with a couple passes to Anthony Carter.  DT makes a few stops and I have 4th and 4 in the red zone early.  I decide to go for it and Walker is able to gain the needed the yards.  This leads to a Chris Carter TD.  DT drives the ball and scores again on a Green rushing TD.  DT leads at the half 14-7.  I receive the 2nd half kick and able to score with a deep pass to AC to tie it up.  With DT's next drive, he is able to get to my 40 but I get a big stop right at the beginning of the 4th.  I get another AC touchdown to take the lead.  DT has one last drive and has a chance with a 30 yard pass to Flipper but it ends in Browner's hands to end the game.

GG and GLRW

Edited by purplehaze

Group D

Ryan Dallas  (Called Matchup)

Timbone Phx

Dallas gets the opening KOR 1st play big td run by 22 7-0 Dallas

Phx comes out move via jj than punt

Dallas 3 and out

Phx big JJ from proehl Dallas holds Phx a fg 7-3 Dallas

Half

Phx fumbles opening KOR

Dallas 4th down quick hitter to Irvin 14-3 Dallas

Phx comes out strong gets the TD 14-10 Dallas

Score stays there including 3 total blocked fgs (1 dallas 2 Phx)

Phx has the ball with little time 2 plays, 1st bomb attempt Incomp 2nd is caught but Proehl is caught around the 20

Dallas 14 - 10

Great job Timbone awesome JJ skill Proehl had 166 yards YIKES. Nail bitter!

Thunderdome_rd2_vs_timbone.nsv

Edited by Ryan11p

Group J

Round 1

gamehigh calls matchup of KC/MIA

I take KC

CHIEFS1 24

DOLPHINS1 21

https://www.twitch.tv/neerrm/v/115769985

BOX: http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75746

MIA jumps out to an early 21-7 lead thanks to a DeBerg bad throw INT, but KC fights back in the 2nd half to get within a TD. Dolphins elect to not kick a FG in KC territory and go for it on 4th down TWICE, both ending in 4 and outs. Nick Lowery comes in at the end and shows why you kick the FG.

Tough game, I should be in the loser's bracket, but here I am. gg gamehigh

• Your Group-Ol'Dirty group
  • Who won toss- I did
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner- MIA KC
  • Team that coin toss loser chose- KC
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel)- KC was up by 4, got a fumble turnover drove and missed a chip shot FG turning over momentum and ball. KC would turn it over again in MIA redzone w/ game on stick not going for the chip shot down 3 later in game. Highlight of the game, after mistakenly leaving QB Mitchell in after last chance prehalftime heave, in bad entire 2nd half / Marino in good.... whoops, Mitchell delivered a strike to Duper on pass 4 flag route to ICE the game late in 4th lucky AF.
  • GG J

Prime wins coin toss, Denver vs San Diego Ngunn selects Denver and I take San Diego, final score 

Prime- 35

Ngunn-7

Good game Ngunn

22 minutes ago, Prime said:

Prime wins coin toss, Denver vs San Diego Ngunn selects Denver and I take San Diego, final score 

Prime- 35

Ngunn-7

Good game Ngunn

ngunn is now eliminated.  @Prime vs @red98sethuthut in losers bracket final.  Prime cant call NO-ATL or DEN-SD.  Winner moves onto single elim bracket.  GL

Group A Loser's Bracket Finale

Drake wins toss, picks MIN/RAMS

Nate takes MIN

Not a lot to say here, Rams RBs had a good day and Everett was on point, but the story of the day was good old Wade Wilson and his shitty passing. 4 picks (including 1 to end the game) and no JJ love on the bombs. Can't win with that. Drake and the Rams win 28-7. Before the game I was saying to Nate that AC was great but Wade is hit or miss. Tonight, the latter, BIG TIME.

GG Nate, tough breaks to overcome

Box:

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75752

1 minute ago, drake said:

Nate takes MIN

Not a lot to say here, Rams RBs had a good day and Everett was on point, but the story of the day was good old Wade Wilson and his shitty passing. 4 picks (including 1 to end the game) and no JJ love on the bombs. Can't win with that. Drake and the Rams win 28-7. Before the game I was saying to Nate that AC was great but Wade is hit or miss. Tonight, the latter, BIG TIME.

Box:

Whiskey Wade 

2 minutes ago, drake said:

Nate takes MIN

Box:

Retronathan is eliminated and Drake clinches spot in the bracket!  GG

Group I LOSERS matchup. Big Hock wins the toss and calls NO-ATL, reveals he is from the Big Easy, I choose Dirty Birds anyway.

I was clinging to a 3-0 lead when Deion peddled back and made a spectacular diving INT in the back of the endzone. Very next play, I get my play picked and decide to huck it and Brett Maxie PADS his stats with an INT of his own. Saints made their move to try and take a 7-3 lead at the half, but the Falcons D stepped up big time. Fourcade lunged for the endzone on 3rd and goal under a minute but had the ball knocked out of his hand before he crossed the plane! The ball went ob a couple yds back, forcing a tying Morten FG.

2nd Half, Falcons get the rock and hit up the Dome Patrol with a steady dose of Rozier and Broussard. Rozier breaks some tackles on his way to the zone, 10-3 ATL. Fourcade tries to get it going and did at one pt hit Eric Martin in coverage vs Deion, but then was forced to throw into coverage and Brian Jordan snagged another INT, but once again, amazingly, I get picked the VERY NEXT play, BUT I get a stop and seal it with pass to Shawn Collins. Wild game.

17-3 Dirties. GG BigHock.

dthock.nsv