Jump to content
War Machine

Thunderdome IX Game Recaps: Group Play (KC-MIA, MIN-RAMS, DEN-SD, PHX-DAL, ATL-NO)

Recommended Posts

Challonge Link:  http://challonge.com/TDIX

 

Please post your game recaps in this thread.  Please try to include the following in your recap:

 

  • Your Group (e.g. Group A)
  • Who won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner
  • Team that coin toss loser chose
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel)

 

Upload save state to TPC website.  For list of TPC handles of everyone see this thread:  http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69305-thunderdome-ix-participant-discord-and-tpc-handles/

 

 

Matchup Calls:

KC-MIA, MIN-RAMS, DEN-SD, PHX-DAL, ATL-NO

 

  • In Group play we will follow the “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup from the available matchups once throughout group play. For example, if Player A wins the toss and selects PHX-DAL, Player A cannot choose that matchup again in group play if he wins the toss again.  However, they can play the same matchup if their opponent chooses that matchup.  *This only applies to group play since there will be multiple games played with the pre-set matchups.  In single elim bracket, each round will have a different set of matchups to choose from.

 

List below to keep track of matchup call during group play.

 

Group A:

vikingmoe02:  DEN-SD

RetroNathan:  PHX-DAL

Arncoem:  DEN-SD

Drake:  MIN-RAMS

 

Group B:

Joeygats:  PHX-DAL

Kamphuna:  DEN-SD

JustinPeters:  KC-MIA

Casual_T:  KC-MIA

 

Group C:

Matty D:  PHX-DAL, KC-MIA

odell:  MIN-RAMS, DAL-PHX

tecmo_ninja:  ATL-NO

 

Group D:

Ryan11p:  KC-MIA, PHX-DAL, SD-DEN

T-BONE:  KC-MIA

Bruddog:  PHX-DAL

 

Group E:

Jesus:  SD-DEN

Scienceguy:  PHX-DAL, DEN-SD

flash80:  MIN-RAMS, KC-MIA

 

Group F:

Bo:  SD-DEN, MIA-KC

Ol Dirty Tecmo:  SD-DEN

Disastamasta:  MIA-KC

 

Group G:

Ziur:  SD-DEN, MIN-RAMS,  KC-MIA

daboy8821:  PHX-DAL

fightdogs:  ATL-NO

 

Group H:

Prime:  ATL-NO, DEN-SD

regulator088:  MIA-KC, SD-DEN

 

Group I:

rico33:  PHX-DAL

DT:  MIN-RAMS, PHX-DAL

BigHock:  ATL-NO

Purplehaze:  PHX-DAL

 

Group J:

Nos:  PHX-DAL, DEN-SD

Gamehigh:  KC-MIA, DEN-SD

 

----------------------------------

Group Winners:

Joeygats

Jesusluvsme4ever

Regulator088

VikingMoe02

Nos

daboy8821

Darth Rockman

Matty D

rico33

disastamasta142

 

2nd Place Winners:

Prime (+34)

hoffnasty (+27)

Bruddog (+22)

Kamphuna8  (+21)

Baxter (+16)

Drake (+13)

purplehaze (+7)

Neerrm (+6)

flash80 (-11)

 

Edited by War Machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group A

I won toss

Called DEN v SD

Drake took SD

Recap: I was lucky that I fumbled 3 times and they all went OOB. Lots of 4th down stops in this one. Turned him over before half and had a great chance, but threw a dumb pick to drone Byrd. BJ had some classic misfires to what could have been open WRs. Great defensive battle that was very close the whole way (14-7 late in the 4th). GG Drake. I dodged a bullet here.

 

vikingmoe02 (DEN)         21
drake (S.D)         7
 
 
drake Stat vikingmoe02
1/6 Passing 6/11
35 Pass Yards 150
1 Pass TD’s 1
10 Rushing 17
35 Rush Yards 104
0 Rush TD’s 2
2 Sacks 1
1 Interceptions 0
1 First Downs 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Group D
  • Ryan11p Won the Toss
  • Mia / KC
  • DarthRockman selected Mia
  • Ryan kicks off and stops me on 4th down and ends up kicking a field goal.  Next drive he stops me again and forces a punt. He drives the field and kicks a 2nd field goal.  Before the half I kick a field goal to make it a 6 to 3 game.   I get an INT on the opening drive and score a TD.  We both have TD drives in the 4th quarter but a late fumble by De Berg in the end zone becomes the dager as Mia picks it up and scores a TD.  Lucky break for me and a close game in the 4th.   GG Ryan!       13 KC - 24 Mia

 

DarthRyan.nsv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group C
I won the Toss.
I called Arizona vs Dallas
Ninja selected Dem Boyz (Dallas)

Final: Cardinals- 35 Cowboys-7

 

Rosenbach JJ'd his way to victory connecting on 4 star studded 60+ yarders during the game. Cowboys defense was impressive since the last time I played Ninja. Lonnie Young had an INT return for a TD on the 50 yard line. Johnny Johnson did well on the ground. 

 

GG to Chris.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group F

Bo won Toss

Bo called SD-DEN

I took SD

I win 21-14

 

No stops and no turnovers in this one. Bo had long drives completing many clutch 4th downs. I mananged the ball well and scored right as the 1st half expired. He received the ball in the fourth and made it to the 50 yard line with 3 minutes left. I slowed his offense down enough and he couldnt score before the end of the game. 

 

gg bo

 

http://tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=180&game=75710

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rico Dallas VS. Big Hock Phoenix

 

I won the toss picked Cowboys vs Cardinals Hock went with Cardinals..

 

Dallas dominated the first half controlling the ball but only managed to put up seven points 7 - 0 at halftime.. more of the same in the third quarter Dallas going up 14-0.. going into the 4th. But the fourth quarter belong to Roy green and the Cardinals.. Roy Green catching two deep bombs, along with a great stop on Downs. Cardinals tied it up with a last minute 80 yard Bomb. Cowboys win the toss in OT but go three-and-out and forced a punt. On the following Drive Phoenix was driving at about Midfield but an interception over the middle to Manny Hendrix gave the ball back to Dallas. who moved the ball 20 yards and kicked a field goal with five seconds left on the clock in ot.. Dallas wins 17-14...

 

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75712

Edited by ryanr33fulcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ryanr33fulcher said:

Rico Dallas VS. Big Hock Phoenix

 

I won the toss picked Cowboys vs Cardinals Hock went with Cardinals..

 

Dallas dominated the first half controlling the ball but only managed to put up seven points 7 - 0 at halftime.. more of the same in the third quarter Dallas going up 14-0.. going into the 4th. But the fourth quarter belong to Roy green and the Cardinals.. Roy Green catching two deep bombs, along with a great stop on Downs. Cardinals tied it up with a last minute 80 yard Bomb. Cowboys win the toss in OT but go three-and-out and forced a punt. On the following Drive Phoenix was driving at about Midfield but an interception over the middle to Manny Hendrix gave the ball back to Dallas. who moved the ball 20 yards and kicked a field goal with five seconds left on the clock in ot.. Dallas wins 17-14...

 

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75712

Sounded like a great game!  Any of you have the nsv?

 

Edited by War Machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Group E
  • Jesus won toss
  • S.D vs Den
  • Den
  • game started out with 2 fumbles luckily bouncing out for the Bolts.. Broncos get down the field after a forced punt and get a fg.. Bolts respond back with a td drive.. late in the 2nd Broncos toss an int.. Bolts get to the 45 and kick a last second fg to go up 10-3 at the half.. 2nd half was ugly as it gets.. i think Broncos threw 4 or 5 ints.. 

CHARGERS1 24 

BRONCOS1 3

flash80thunderdomerd1.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by ChaosConffetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group G

I won toss and selected den vs SD. He went with den. I get int to go up 7-0, then I think I scored again to go up 14-0, he mounts a comeback and he goes up 21-17 late in the 4th quarter.  I get a JJ to win 24-21.  GG Bax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i chose phx -dallas, fightdogs takes dallas

 

i get up 21-0, then a couple fumbles and game was 21-14, thats how it ended

 

daboy8821 phx 21

fightdogs dal 14

 

gg fightdogs

 

game 75713

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scienceguy43 said:

Group E

I win the toss and call Dal/Phx

 

Psycho chooses Dal

 

Final:   Phx 21 Dal 17

 

You can watch the rest of the details here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCNE489fcTw&feature=youtu.be

 

 

I had no business winning this game... Tecmo Gods at work in my favor...  GG Psycho

 

Tecmo is unpredictable, anyone can win any game vs any opponent at any given time. You played well, took what was given to you and turned it into a big W.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Your Group H
  • PrimeTime won Toss
  • ATL/NO
  • NO 
  • Final No 27 Atl 21 ( O.T.)
  • Saints run out to 21 to 0 lead just before half behind stong kick return and defensive td and good runs at the Db1. But then Prime came back with 3 Long JJ's to Rison in 2nd half... including just b4 the half. I won in OT on a 5o yd pass to Fenerty who made up for bad game with the game winner. GG and gl rest of way
  • http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=180&game=75716

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

thunderdomered98vsprime.nsv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, red98sethuthut said:
  • Your Group H
  • PrimeTime won Toss
  • ATL/NO
  • NO 
  • Final No 27 Atl 21 ( O.T.)
  • Saints run out to 21 to 0 lead just before half behind stong kick return and defensive td and good runs at the Db1. But then Prime came back with 3 Long JJ's to Rison in 2nd half... including just b4 the half. I won in OT on a 5o yd pass to Fenerty who made up for bad game with the game winner. GG and gl rest of way
  • http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=180&game=75716

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

thunderdomered98vsprime.nsv

 

Watched this one, very good game!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Your Group E
  • Flash won Toss
  • Min/Rams
  • Min
  • Final Rams 21, Vikings 14
  • Rams recovered a fumble in the endzone after missing their FG early. Rams scored before the half on a Curt Warner run. 7-0 HT. Rams recovered a fumble on their 5 after a huge play by Hassan Jones. Cleveland Gary took a big run to set up his own TD run in 3rd - 14-0. Deep TD to start the 4th for Anthony Carter 14-7. Onside kick set up long Gary catch and run to 5. Everett TD run 21-7. Deep pass to Jordan and TD to Carter 21-14 with 2 min left. Rams tried FG, but bounced off uprights with 1 min left. Min drove to 40 and tried one final deep play but incomplete. 21-14 Rams.

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75717

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flash80 said:
  • Your Group E
  • Flash won Toss
  • Min/Rams
  • Min
  • Final Rams 21, Vikings 14
  • Rams recovered a fumble in the endzone after missing their FG early. Rams scored before the half on a Curt Warner run. 7-0 HT. Rams recovered a fumble on their 5 after a huge play by Hassan Jones. Cleveland Gary took a big run to set up his own TD run in 3rd - 14-0. Deep TD to start the 4th for Anthony Carter 14-7. Onside kick set up long Gary catch and run to 5. Everett TD run 21-7. Deep pass to Jordan and TD to Carter 21-14 with 2 min left. Rams tried FG, but bounced off uprights with 1 min left. Min drove to 40 and tried one final deep play but incomplete. 21-14 Rams.

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75717

 

Nice win!!  This eliminates Tecmo Psycho!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, War Machine said:

 

Nice win!!  This eliminates Tecmo Psycho!

 

Very surprising on OG rom too.  Group E = Upset City

Edited by suicideking81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Your Group G
  • Fightdogs won Toss
  • ATL/NO
  • ATL
  • Final ATL (bax) 21, Saints (fightdogs) 3
  • Fightdogs gets ball first and gets a fg.  3-0.  Then I got 21 points before the 4th qtr ended.  I threw a ton of crap up to rison including timed jj's and deep bombs that got caught.  better talent on offense (rison) and defense (sanders) made the difference.  fdogs usually has my number.  gg man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, baxterbear12 said:
  • Your Group G
  • Fightdogs won Toss
  • ATL/NO
  • ATL
  • Final ATL (bax) 21, Saints (fightdogs) 3
  • Fightdogs gets ball first and gets a fg.  3-0.  Then I got 21 points before the 4th qtr ended.  I threw a ton of crap up to rison including timed jj's and deep bombs that got caught.  better talent on offense (rison) and defense (sanders) made the difference.  fdogs usually has my number.  gg man.

 

With this loss, fightdogs is eliminated and baxter moves to loser final to face loser of ziur and daboy.

 

GG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Group E
  • Scienceguy
  • S.D vs Den
  • S.D
  • game started out back and forth.. great play by both teams.. Broncos get a fg right before the half to go up 3.. Broncos receive and turn the ball over resulting in a td on a S.D drive.. S.D got momentum and kept it.. on picked play Broncos cough it up and superhuman runs back the whole way.. very well played Scienceguy.. case of tough luck.. gltrw 

CHARGERS1 28

BRONCOS1 17

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

scienceguyrd2thunderdome.nsv

Edited by ChaosConffetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...