Sign in to follow this  
DRB

Which console do you use today?

I've only owned two Nintendo consoles since the mid 80s, the original one (I had two over the course of 18 years, b/c as we know they were meh design and simply did not last all that long) and I got my hands on the FS Twin (NES/SNES) anout 8-9 years ago.  I must have dropped it or something b/c it too now is no longer working properly.  So which console do you use or prefer.  I know a friend with the small single cartridge unit (not sure the name of it, see pic below) console but that seems a bit of a backwards move since it is only NES.  Is getting another dual unit the way to go, if so which one is the best one out there today?

Thx.

File:Nintendo-NES-TL-Console-BR.jpg

Edited by DRB

I recently replaced the 72 pin connector in my old one (from probably 1988), a fairly simple and straightforward process.  I also replaced the pads in the old controllers, very easy to do, too.  

Otherwise, I would just use a computer/emulator or something if I couldn't use the vintage NES.  These knockoff "consoles" seem too wonky to me.

Edited by buck

I will go on record saying that the multi-system units are garbage. I am a big time fan of the Retron1 and Retro-Bit Top Loader. I've given away tons of the years and use them myself. We've even used some at Madison in the past.

Original hardware is my preferred opinion, however, the HDMI factor is huge with the clone systems like "Retron-5". 

I have a RetroPie setup as well which is convenient for messing around. For those with the "NES Classic Edition", it's easy enough to add TSB to the console.

I feel the urge to pick up additional carts whenever I come across them...

Tecmo.jpeg

Edited by Goose