Which console do you use today?

DRB

I've only owned two Nintendo consoles since the mid 80s, the original one (I had two over the course of 18 years, b/c as we know they were meh design and simply did not last all that long) and I got my hands on the FS Twin (NES/SNES) anout 8-9 years ago.  I must have dropped it or something b/c it too now is no longer working properly.  So which console do you use or prefer.  I know a friend with the small single cartridge unit (not sure the name of it, see pic below) console but that seems a bit of a backwards move since it is only NES.  Is getting another dual unit the way to go, if so which one is the best one out there today?

Thx.

File:Nintendo-NES-TL-Console-BR.jpg

Edited by DRB

I recently replaced the 72 pin connector in my old one (from probably 1988), a fairly simple and straightforward process.  I also replaced the pads in the old controllers, very easy to do, too.  

Otherwise, I would just use a computer/emulator or something if I couldn't use the vintage NES.  These knockoff "consoles" seem too wonky to me.

Edited by buck

• 1 year later...

Original hardware is my preferred opinion, however, the HDMI factor is huge with the clone systems like "Retron-5". 

I have a RetroPie setup as well which is convenient for messing around. For those with the "NES Classic Edition", it's easy enough to add TSB to the console.

I feel the urge to pick up additional carts whenever I come across them...

Tecmo.jpeg

Edited by Goose