Can you extract TSB stats from an EverDrive Savestate?

manYo

On 10/18/2016 at 7:49 PM, bruddog said:

This is a one option but its probably truely lagless and is a mod of the original NES

http://retrorgb.com/hidefnes.html

Another options is the AVS from retroUSB which is hardware emulation of the orginal NEs with some additional features.

Should be lagless to maybe 1 frame of lag. 

www.retrousb.com

is it possible on the AVS to export a game state to a computer so I could look at stats on a spreadsheet for example?

is it possible to record games on the AVS? (if HDMI is only output, do computers accept HDMI as an input? not sure, never tried)

49 minutes ago, manyo360 said:

is it possible on the AVS to export a game state to a computer so I could look at stats on a spreadsheet for example?

is it possible to record games on the AVS? (if HDMI is only output, do computers accept HDMI as an input? not sure, never tried)

1. Not currently no. You might be able to get stats off using a flashcart that supports save states. But the save state format is likely at least a little different than nestopia. 

2. There are a LOT of options so you probably want to research it. 

15 hours ago, bruddog said:

@manyo360 if you can send me a savestate from maybe midway through the first quarter..I can see if I can reverse-engineer the locations. Let me know the exact time left in the game as that is easy to search for in the hex. 

ok, will do when I get a chance... thanks

I also made a post in the forums for Everdrive asking for help on this

So ya the stats can definitely be ripped from that file. Things are just at different offsets than a nestopia file. I would just need to write a tool to copy the needed info into a "dummy" nestopia state file. 

You wouldn't be able to load the game in nestopia but you'd be able to upload/get the stats.

45 minutes ago, bruddog said:

So ya the stats can definitely be ripped from that file. Things are just at different offsets than a nestopia file. I would just need to write a tool to copy the needed info into a "dummy" nestopia state file. 

You wouldn't be able to load the game in nestopia but you'd be able to upload/get the stats.

got dang bru, you are the frickin' man.

11 minutes ago, manyo360 said:

hahahaaaa, holy freakin' cow, BRU!!!!  It works!  Thank you SO MUCH man!

So stoked... anyone in the PNW reading this can prepare for a live tecmo league starting up soon, and it is gonna be something else man, CANT WAIT!!!

haha, yeah... and when the rubber met the road, i realized I need to buy a bunch of EverDrives, and that will take some time... but the plan is to have 4 by the end of the year, and build from there!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/27/2016 at 5:45 PM, manYo said:

haha, yeah... and when the rubber met the road, i realized I need to buy a bunch of EverDrives, and that will take some time... but the plan is to have 4 by the end of the year, and build from there!

Man look where we are now...

INCREDIBLE news on this front!

The Everdrive N8 Pro can now be linked while in a console to a computer via USB cable, so that files (ROMs, states, etc.) can be sent back and forth between the two.  This streamlines to a HIGH degree what used to be a laborious and TIME-consuming process of manually taking out the SD cards to transfer the files, etc.... which frustratingly caused lots of errors, and man alive did I mention it was TIME-consuming?

Big THANKS to @bruddog for making this possible with time spent helping tech-illiterates such as myself thru the process, also especially for the state converter posted in this thread...... and may the tecmo gods forever shine on @kamphuna8... this is FINALLY a vision come true for me, but it was a vision I had frankly given up on because of the endless frustration with the SD cards in the old N8's, etc.... but KAMP THE GRINDER never gave up, no sir, and upon THAT ROCK we build the city of CFT!... happiest of all for him, man, cant wait to see him push those CPU buttons at the next CFT season and see his face light up as he realizes how much MOAR FUN he's about to have by dropping all that goddamn SD card MANUAL LABOR shizness----- WOOOOOO!!!

PS---KRIKZZ FOR KING!

18 hours ago, manYo said:

INCREDIBLE news on this front!

The Everdrive N8 Pro can now be linked while in a console to a computer via USB cable, so that files (ROMs, states, etc.) can be sent back and forth between the two.  This streamlines to a HIGH degree what used to be a laborious and TIME-consuming process of manually taking out the SD cards to transfer the files, etc.... which frustratingly caused lots of errors, and man alive did I mention it was TIME-consuming?

Big THANKS to @bruddog for making this possible with time spent helping tech-illiterates such as myself thru the process, also especially for the state converter posted in this thread...... and may the tecmo gods forever shine on @kamphuna8... this is FINALLY a vision come true for me, but it was a vision I had frankly given up on because of the endless frustration with the SD cards in the old N8's, etc.... but KAMP THE GRINDER never gave up, no sir, and upon THAT ROCK we build the city of CFT!... happiest of all for him, man, cant wait to see him push those CPU buttons at the next CFT season and see his face light up as he realizes how much MOAR FUN he's about to have by dropping all that goddamn SD card MANUAL LABOR shizness----- WOOOOOO!!!

PS---KRIKZZ FOR KING!

Krikzz for king indeed. We built this city time? And yes, CAN'T WAIT to see have that fun. The grind was actually getting to me for real for real on game days (as my 3-6 regular season can attest).

Seriously, thank you @manYo and @bruddog for all the work y'all been putting in with this recently.