Help editing Genesis TSB ROM

ShowMeYourTDs

I had a tsb I Sega rom with the .bin extension but the changes I made were not being reflected when I exported it to the rom.  Now that I think about it, I wasn't saving the data as a .tsb data file first, but instead I was exporting it directly to the rom.  Should I save all my changes to the .tsb data file first and then export it to the rom?

Yes.  I imported the data from the rom in each case.  So far the data changes are showing up on the .tsb data file.  They didn't show when I tried to export the changes directly to the rom when I didn't save them as a data file. In my case it must be related to the data file.

Edited by ShowMeYourTDs
added comment

Thanks, I will give this one a shot.  I am going to also try editing the rosters on a different pc and see if that makes a difference.  I had to do that for my alternate tecmo bowl roms I submitted in the past, as my pc was not seeing the files in the folder.   The funny thing is it seems to be only an issue when I try to edit the tsb I Sega version. I never have any issues with the SNES or NES edits when I do them.   

Unfortunately I can't retrieve the tsb file from the second pc that I was working on.  I had exported it without saving it and it appears to be lost. I think I still have the other tsb file on my pc and I will upload it. For whatever reason I can't even make changes on the tsb2017 rom. Is this an instance where the program should be run as an administrator like the baseball stars editor? 

Thanks TSF, I appreciate your help.  I have finally figured out what is going on with it.  When I went to export the data to the rom, I noticed that it is not showing Arizona but Phoenix, so I substituted the Arizona Cardinals in their place and then tested the rom.  The updated roster for Arizona finally showed up, so as a further test I substituted each team for the existing teams in the list and all the rosters finally updated across the board.  Weird.  Anyways, I attached a copy of my .tsb file if you want to check it out. 

TSB 2016 - 2017.tsb

Edited by ShowMeYourTDs
added different file and updated comment

Thanks. I just figured if they will eventually play this season then why not just plug them in.  I did the same thing for Bell and Dupree for Pittsburgh, although Dupree is more of a question mark than Bell at this point.  I will have to remember to use the Auto feature the next time I do an update.