Portland, OR - 01/28/17 - Johnny Johnson in the Beaver

DT.

This is still goin down fo sheez. Just gotta put in a little WORK to get it lined up right. Like Manyo says, it's not really Tecmo season until Football season is over. Make sure you holler if you want in for Blazers-Grizz the night before. Welcome to the LIST GoBlue84.

And for TBK cause I know he loves it- You suck. The Cards suck. Johnny J is just run of the mill. Portland State is whack. Neil Lomax was a system QB. Washington is better than Oregon in every conceivable way. Two months until you can lick my chode. BE READY.

Edited by DT.

20 hours ago, DT. said:

This is still goin down fo sheez. Just gotta put in a little WORK to get it lined up right. Like Manyo says, it's not really Tecmo season until Football season is over. Make sure you holler if you want in for Blazers-Grizz the night before. Welcome to the LIST GoBlue84.

And for TBK cause I know he loves it- You suck. The Cards suck. Johnny J is just run of the mill. Portland State is whack. Neil Lomax was a system QB. Washington is better than Oregon in every conceivable way. Two months until you can like my chode. BE READY.

and this P-Town tourney gonna be one helluva kickoff to the 2017 season of PNW tecmo, the gods willl be much pleased!!!  I got 3 tourneys lined up ready to go, I'll release the details down the road soon, but SAVE THE DATES right now if you wanna:

• February 18: PNWTL S1 -- The inaugural season of the PNW Tecmo League.  8-man league, salary cap draft your own team, play a season with full saved stats, have a say in what we do Season 2.  (SITE: Centralia, WA @ Coffin Corner)
  • March 11: Mayhem 7: "An Ode to the Tecmo Gods" -- 16-man tourney, an original format never heard of before in the annals of tecmo tourneys, an ultimate nod to the tecmo gods. (SITE: Centralia, WA @ Tecmo Dojo)
  • April 1: PNWTC6 -- THE Pacific Northwest Tecmo CHAMPIONSHIP... and a week before the World Championships in Madtown USA. (SITE: probably Centralia, WA @ Tecmo Dojo... but subject to change based on number of participants.)

On 12/2/2016 at 4:27 PM, DT. said:

And for TBK cause I know he loves it- You suck. The Cards suck. Johnny J is just run of the mill. Portland State is whack. Neil Lomax was a system QB. Washington is better than Oregon in every conceivable way. Two months until you can like my chode. BE READY.

Fool.............you better just pray I use PHX when I play against you, because with a formitable team with more than just a SUPERSTAR Tailback, yo a$$ would be grass, and get smoked quicker than a bowl of Seattle's finest stuffed in Manyo's glass water pipe.  INFACT, if we play, and I win the dice roll vs you, I'ma picc the 9ers Giants matchup and then see how you fair.....I'm pretty confident that what ever team you picc, I'll put my size 12 and a half foot in the a$$ of.

OK. We got a venue secured. It's Concordia Ale House,  3276 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211

http://www.concordia-ale.com/

My cousin works there and the menu and beer list looks robust as hell. Money.

I am about to really go into ramp-it-up mode. If you have expressed interest in this event or have at any point been a factor on the scene before, I am going to track you down and try to determine your factorship. Feel free to save me the trouble by messaging me on here your email address, if you have any systems, cartridges, tvs you can bring to the party, and if you want to hit up the hoopz the night before.

We got one month to turn this bitch the fuck up. Beating just Gripsmoke and Ted is kinda boring to me. I want more legit players in the mix. Bring the heat. 2017: Year of Tecmo.

• DFM pinned this topic

I'm sure it will be 11 am, though if everyone is willing and able, we could push it up to 10. If you haven't already, be sure to message me your email address so we can coordinate these matters.

Suuuuuuuper.... Where's the Blazers crew at? (crickets)

10 hours ago, DT. said:

OK. We got a venue secured. It's Concordia Ale House,  3276 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211

http://www.concordia-ale.com/

My cousin works there and the menu and beer list looks robust as hell. Money.

I am about to really go into ramp-it-up mode. If you have expressed interest in this event or have at any point been a factor on the scene before, I am going to track you down and try to determine your factorship. Feel free to save me the trouble by messaging me on here your email address, if you have any systems, cartridges, tvs you can bring to the party, and if you want to hit up the hoopz the night before.

We got one month to turn this bitch the fuck up. Beating just Gripsmoke and Ted is kinda boring to me. I want more legit players in the mix. Bring the heat. 2017: Year of Tecmo.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ted, Grip.........did he just say smackin' the $#!t outta you two is kinda boring to him??????????......Ha ha Ha ha Ha!!!!!!!!!  I know ya'll ain't gonna take that $#!t.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the reigning King is Peter "Moonwalk" Kerins aka Some Guy. Gripsmoke won one before that, but all that respect got erased like Charles Barkley rejecting a weak layup by a poor showing in Seattle.

The NW throne is more wide open then Steve Largent streaking down the sideline right now.... And if the amount of spirit shown by the other contenders on this message board is any indication of the lust for the throne, best get ready to live under my ruthless reign.

• DFM changed the title to Portland, OR - 01/28/17 - Johnny Johnson in the Beaver

Hello,

I'm Ryan. Ive always wanted to play someone really good. I never really lost in HS or College, and there's no online play so I've always been curious. 

Which game is it? I have all three but I'm assuming it's super tecmo for original 8-bit system? I can bring the cartridge but my gaming system is some bizarre purple colored thing from india and the controllers are pure garbage. I don't have an old school picture tube TV either - I've noticed that's what other tourneys use exclusively.

My email is [email protected] please send me any details I need to know. I'm vaguely familiar with the rules, and if you're using the same rules as other tourneys I'm sure I can google those.

Im excited. I really want to play someone good who should shit stomp me.

Cheers

Let's juice this forum up with a little list action, perhaps spark some debate....

DT's Top 10 Greatest Seahawks

10. Matt Hasselbeck. Gets the edge over Krieg and Zorn for his leadership and consistency. Favorite memories of the Hassler are his zeal for blocking and tackling as well as spinning the rock downfield to the likes of Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson.

9. Kam Chancellor. The embodiment of the Legion of Boom. The NFL annals are full of bone-crushing safeties but Kam is amongst the best of em. His hit on Demarryius Thomas set the tone for what followed in the Super Bowl trouncing of Denver.

8. Kenny Easley. Veterans comittee has this beast defensive back on the HOF ballot. Good. Easley was a big, fast, heady safety who made plays all over the field and racked up impressive stats in his brief career. Would have been Fulcher-esque, had he been on Tecmo.

7. Walter Jones. Big Walt wasn't much for training camp. He just showed up on Sunday and obliterated everything in front of him, leading the charge for some of the most productive offenses of his day. Has a daughter named Waleria and a son named Walterius.

6. Cortez Kennedy. A treetrunk of a man, Cortez had a long and distinguished career. Defensive POY award on a 2-14 team just a mind-blowing achievement. 14 sacks and 92 tackles that season... That's astonishing numbers for a d-tackle.

5. Earl Thomas. We pretty much never see this dude's work on TV. He is off camera, putting a shield over the entire pass defense. Numbers seem to support he is amongst the best ever at doing that. Plus he's got that fire. Come back for more Earl.

4. Richard Sherman. An outstanding player without question, but Sherm gets the nod over his fellow Seahawk standouts because as a long time Seattle fan, I waited my whole life for someone to give people from around the country a reason to hate us. "U Mad Bro" will always be one of my favorite Seahawk moments. Suck it Brady.

3. Russell Wilson. He's been pure magic since the beginning. He may not be as good at his position as some of the other guys on this list, but he's one of the most of the most fun players to watch in NFL history. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in tactics straight out of a video game. As we have long known, the pocket is overrated. Also, go deep. 

2. Marshawn Lynch. He only spent parts of five seasons in Seattle, but I do not think I have ever enjoyed an athlete's career as much as Marshawn's. From his days at Cal, through the Beastquake, to the epic Bear Grylls adventure... every ferocious run and every glimpse into his persona was a treasure.

1. Steve Largent. His career was a little before my time and his Hawks didn't win too many playoff games, but "Yoda" was one of the game's all-time greatest pass catchers and when he retired, his 100 TD snags was most ever. Steve Largent IS Mr. Seahawk, the greatest in 40 years of blue and green heroes.

D.T.........................(sigh).........................you're about to get 86'ed out of the SEAHAWKS fan club unless you apologize for the mistake you made of not having CURT WARNER on your Top 10 list..................................................I'm just gonna pretend you never did that..