OL grapple hack

COA Elway

If you're not seeing line separation, than you probably think that hack is UNDERpowered, right?

There are two main grappling hacks that bruddog designed and even though the moving grapples hack gets more hype here (maybe because it's so visual), the dynamic grapples hack might be even more important.  That's the hack that produces many more winners and losers in drone vs. drone grapples (like you see at the line of scrimmage) instead of never-ending tie-ups like in the original game.  In the original, only an HP difference of 50+ between grapplers would produce a popcorn, but the dynamic grapples hack makes it possible -- based on a sliding scale that also includes a random number -- for popcorns to happen even between well-matched grapplers.

So, if you want HP to have a greater impact on the game, then I think it's important to have BOTH hacks installed, not just the one that looks cool as hell.

Edited by Tecmonster

12 hours ago, buck said:

I've never even heard of the OL Grapple hack.  what is it?

The one that bruddog developed, sorry about the confusion. Seems like too much push going on, making it very easy to run. 

Tecmonster's newest iteration has it in there. The run can't be stopped, whether it's the cpu or MAN or even coa. Just seems too powerful for the offense.

32 minutes ago, COA Elway said:

The one that bruddog developed, sorry about the confusion. Seems like too much push going on, making it very easy to run. 

Tecmonster's newest iteration has it in there. The run can't be stopped, whether it's the cpu or MAN or even coa. Just seems too powerful for the offense.

Hm, well, I'm actually a little bit relieved to hear you say that because I was concerned that the game might be a little too defense-heavy this year.  I ran the averages and noticed that OL vs. DL/LB Hit Power was a little out of balance in favor of the DL/LB's.

The hack runs both ways though -- the defense can push o-lineman back just as easily -- so it basically just depends on whoever has the (HP + random number) advantage.

I did accelerate the rate the movement this year, mainly because I wanted HP to have a bigger impact for ballcarriers.  In the small handful of games that I played with the new rate applied, I liked it.  We'll see if I still like it after playing/watching a full league season, which starts in a week.