(NES) Tecmonster's Tecmo Super Bowl 2017

Tecmonster

• DFM unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

sorry just realized i posted the wrong place

Hey Tecmonster... wondering if you heard about the "spin button" hack that was on Facebook a few months ago? plz say yes, if not here is the link... any possibility you can add this to your ROM this year, if not, next? I. AM. DROOLING. at the possibilities?

this was posted July 7th this year BTW, on the Tecmo Super Bowl page

Edited by phattboy29

It's a cool feature, no doubt, but I can't imagine ever putting it in my game because (1) I probably don't have the room for it, and (2) it adds controller complexity and I'm dedicated to keeping the original, simplistic controls that help separate TSB from Madden.  

If you'll notice, all the in-game functionality that I've added is automatic -- like how bruddog's moving grapples just simply happen without the player having to hit any other buttons.

I realize that a lot of people like the added degree of thinking/skill that accompanies hacks like "Press B to Spin," but I personally believe that one major reason TSB is undergoing a revival right now is out of a backlash against the incredibly complicated Madden controls.  Personally, I know that's why I quit playing Madden.  I felt like you had to have a PhD to play it.  So -- sorry man -- but whatever the controls did in 1991 is what they'll do in 2018.

Edited by Tecmonster

• DFM unfeatured this topic