(NES) QBVIKINGS Tecmo Super Bowl 2016-2017

qbvikings

8 hours ago, joelcsuh said:

Here's a bug. I hope it helps. I downloaded the juiced rom and opened with OpenEmu. I changed quarters to 8 minutes, set the 49ers as Coach and autoskip to week 17. I auto-skipped to the 49er game and then hit start. Coin toss all was normal. But after introducing the kicker, the screen went black.

whoa... wow man. sorry about that. fixed.

Sam Bradford to the Vikings, Wentz to start in Philly, Mark Sanchez to the Cowboys, Dexter McCluster gone from the Titans, Cecil Shorts gone from the Texans, Justin Forsett out in Baltimore....yeah, this is a fun week when editing Roms. Player movement won't finally settle until Week 2. 

played the rams in week 2 of my season as seattle. literally could not even attempt a pass before getting killed by robert quinn and aaron donald unless i did a play from shotgun. i know LA probably has the best defensive line in football, but damn...wilson got sacked literally 17x in that game lol. i see ur reasoning about the o-line problem in the nfl, but i thought you went a tad overboard...even teams like atlanta with lousy defensive lines break through pretty quickly. half the time my wideouts cant complete their routes

but thats me nitpicking. otherwise having lots of fun. great job qbvikings, and thanks for your hard work +

2 hours ago, qbvikings said:

Just uploaded final, final with most up to date rosters! 

Well played on the Riley Dixon front.  I'm telling you, people will now play as the Broncos just so they can punt on first down. 

I've seen some off-the-wall challenges on the TB.org forums (season play with defensive touchdowns only, safeties-only, etc).  I give you the trickiest one to date:  The Riley Dixon challenge!  You can only score on plays in which he punts the ball, tackles the returner, forces the fumble, and scores with it.  Good luck!

• Knobbe featured and pinned this topic

Coached the 49ers to an 11-5 record. Lost in the divisional playoff to the Seahawks. Russell Wilson's backup is pretty good. I wish I hadn't injured Wilson.

The 3rd highest scorer in the league had no name, and the team said "NFC." That was weird.

The 49ers kicker missed 11 extra points and a third of all field goal attempts. I didn't kick that many deep ones. Just had a lot blocked.

Dujuan Harris rushed for 1500 yards. I think you made him too good :) Also, Gabbert ran for 800.

Anyway I enjoyed the season because I know the real Niners won't win 11. Will try it with a couple other teams when I get a chance. Thanks again for your work on this.

On 9/3/2016 at 1:06 AM, joelcsuh said:

Here's a bug. I hope it helps. I downloaded the juiced rom and opened with OpenEmu. I changed quarters to 8 minutes, set the 49ers as Coach and autoskip to week 17. I auto-skipped to the 49er game and then hit start. Coin toss all was normal. But after introducing the kicker, the screen went black.

I downloaded the non-juiced version and had the same thing happen.  Anybody else experience this with the non-juiced version?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just had my first 16-0 season ever with the Packers in the juiced version. 1st in defense, 8th in offense. So of course I choked the playoff game. Played the Cowboys, lost Rodgers in the second series. I also accidentally onside kicked which they returned for a touchdown. Caused a fumble on a kickoff and their O-lineman picked it up and ran like Bo 90 yards for a touchdown. Up 35-30 with under a minute and them driving, I miss a wide open, point blank dive tackle on Elliot and he goes the distance. One last bomb attempt to Cobb goes incomplete on the goal line, I lose 37-35. Just like real football I guess, I made a couple dumb mistakes and got rattled and played nervous LOL. Played it again and destroyed them 58-21. I'll play it out and try to win the Bowl just because, but I consider the real results to be the first time around, no resets. Really fun ROM to play.

• 2 months later...
  • DFM unpinned this topic
  • Knobbe unfeatured this topic