(NES) QBVIKINGS Tecmo Super Bowl 2016-2017

qbvikings

Nice work.  One question, and one observation:

When you say "juiced", how did you do the juicing?  Something internal with the difficulty within the ROM, or is it just increased player ratings?

Most people don't care about punters, but one thing to note (because I have a special interest in this) is that eventually Riley Dixon will be the primary punter for the Broncos.  When he does, I fully expect him to be the Bo Jackson of special teams, complete with punting the ball and then running downfield to tackle the returner.  I'm talking WR-level speed and TE-level hitting.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/04/30/riley-dixon-highlights-touchdown-pass-long-run-hurdle-new-broncos-punter/

Edited by Baron von Lector

5 hours ago, runenaljoss said:

First of all: Thanks so much for the fantastic work you put into this; a labor of love and it shows.

A comment after just one game, though (and I've played your excellent roms in the past and many others, too):

Running seems SNES-difficult. The first game of the season and Adrian Petersen ends up with 17 for 7 or something of that sort... just always stuffed behind the line of scrimmage on all but a handful attempts. (And even then not breaking through into the backfield.) That seems tough, for the first game of the season, and would seem to make it a all-passing game, which isn't half the fun. But also the game in general was extremely difficult for a first game of the season. Teddy was under constant pressure and could rarely take the time to step back and go through the reads. (Still, that was within the limits of what is navigable and perhaps even 'realistic'.)

Also: Mariota seemed to be black (except when injured -- but that may be an homage to the original); are there only two shades of color in this game? I've seen crayon boxes with more variety. :-) 

All meant constructively, none deprecatingly. Best & thanks, Rune

Hey man, thank you for the feedback. Yeah, I have designed this rom to be very challenging. I expect Peterson will have some big games for you but the Vikings OLINE is the issue. They are not good. I'd be surprised if you don't top 1000 yards. Look for big running games against the Bears and Lions.

3 hours ago, Baron von Lector said:

Nice work.  One question, and one observation:

When you say "juiced", how did you do the juicing?  Something internal with the difficulty within the ROM, or is it just increased player ratings?

Most people don't care about punters, but one thing to note (because I have a special interest in this) is that eventually Riley Dixon will be the primary punter for the Broncos.  When he does, I fully expect him to be the Bo Jackson of special teams, complete with punting the ball and then running downfield to tackle the returner.  I'm talking WR-level speed and TE-level hitting.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/04/30/riley-dixon-highlights-touchdown-pass-long-run-hurdle-new-broncos-punter/

Hey man, thank YOU for all of your great roms! My juice combo is programming and player abilities. The NFL has a serious OLINE crisis right now, meaning there is a lack of talent on most olines and linemen are often over-matched resulting in collapsing pockets,which makes it a lot harder for a QB to be effective with a defender in their face. This is represented here.

14 hours ago, runenaljoss said:

First of all: Thanks so much for the fantastic work you put into this; a labor of love and it shows.

A comment after just one game, though (and I've played your excellent roms in the past and many others, too):

Running seems SNES-difficult. The first game of the season and Adrian Petersen ends up with 17 for 7 or something of that sort... just always stuffed behind the line of scrimmage on all but a handful attempts. (And even then not breaking through into the backfield.) That seems tough, for the first game of the season, and would seem to make it a all-passing game, which isn't half the fun. But also the game in general was extremely difficult for a first game of the season. Teddy was under constant pressure and could rarely take the time to step back and go through the reads. (Still, that was within the limits of what is navigable and perhaps even 'realistic'.)

Also: Mariota seemed to be black (except when injured -- but that may be an homage to the original); are there only two shades of color in this game? I've seen crayon boxes with more variety. :-) 

All meant constructively, none deprecatingly. Best & thanks, Rune

made some tweaks to Peterson that should help compensate. Also try my new non-juiced version.

9 hours ago, qbvikings said:

Just made some more roster updates and uploaded a NON-Juiced version.

I don't like NON-Juiced.  Keep it Juicy.

Went a league-best 13-3, my first time through.  Then, the Colts blocked two Folk'n fgs and I, fittingly, lost 7-13 and was immediately trounced from the playoffs

In the regular season, my only loses were two OT games, Week 2 & 3, and my first game against the Bostonians (a close affair, lost to a Brady comeback)

Them's the breaks.

Edited by Bolt
game

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

I don't like NON-Juiced.  Keep it Juicy.

Went a league-best 13-3, my first time through.  Then, the Colts blocked two Folk'n fgs and I, fittingly, lost 7-13 and was immediately trounced from the playoffs

In the regular season, my only loses were two OT games, Week 2 & 3, and my first game against the Bostonians (a close affair, lost to a Brady comeback)

Them's the breaks.

I agree, bro. Juiced is the only way. You play with the Jets?

On 8/29/2016 at 5:29 PM, qbvikings said:

Hey man, thank you for the feedback. Yeah, I have designed this rom to be very challenging. I expect Peterson will have some big games for you but the Vikings OLINE is the issue. They are not good. I'd be surprised if you don't top 1000 yards. Look for big running games against the Bears and Lions.

Thanks much for the reply and tweaks. I think I'll chicken-out for now, and go non-juiced for a while, before I dip my toes in the version where the OLMen resemble Origami figures. :-)

Uploading some minor roster updates today along with some major updates to the rom, including Pro Bowl rosters thanks to  Baron von Lector  and moving oline, grappling and the ability to exit the playbokk with the "b" button, thanks to guidance from pambazos88 . I should also say THANK YOU to all the original creators of the hacks that I use to create this ROM as well as the creator and host of this site. Thank you for keeping Tecmo alive and making it better.

On 8/30/2016 at 2:17 AM, qbvikings said:

made some tweaks to Peterson that should help compensate. Also try my new non-juiced version.

Other observations: It is extremely easy -- too easy -- to throw the opposing punter/kicker flat on his rear. I love blocking field goals and extra points, of course, but tackling the punter to get safeties (I suppose only 1/2 or fewer of the opposing team's kicks make it) feels a little unrealistic. [And we all know that Tecmo Football is about extreme realism.] :-) Cheers.

Just downloaded.  As of two days ago, Riley Dixon became the Broncos' starting punter.  I know that nobody cares about punters, but this is important.  He needs to be in this game, with high hitting and speed.  Having him in the ROM would make players want to punt on first down just so they can chase the receiver down with him.  Here's an article about him winning the starting job, and how he has two 100 ratings on Madden... and neither is for his punting: http://milehighsports.com/already-madden-mobile-legend-riley-dixon-officially-denvers-punter/

Get him in the game, QBV!

Untitled.png

Edited by Baron von Lector

2 hours ago, Baron von Lector said:

Just downloaded.  As of two days ago, Riley Dixon became the Broncos' starting punter.  I know that nobody cares about punters, but this is important.  He needs to be in this game, with high hitting and speed.  Having him in the ROM would make players want to punt on first down just so they can chase the receiver down with him.  Here's an article about him winning the starting job, and how he has two 100 ratings on Madden... and neither is for his punting: http://milehighsports.com/already-madden-mobile-legend-riley-dixon-officially-denvers-punter/

Untitled.png

haha OK OK I get it :) Yep saw his highlights and he's in. Thank you for bringing his "Bob Nelson" like secret skills to my attention.

8 hours ago, runenaljoss said:

Other observations: It is extremely easy -- too easy -- to throw the opposing punter/kicker flat on his rear. I love blocking field goals and extra points, of course, but tackling the punter to get safeties (I suppose only 1/2 or fewer of the opposing team's kicks make it) feels a little unrealistic. [And we all know that Tecmo Football is about extreme realism.] :-) Cheers.

Your NT is a beast. This wont be the case for every defense. 

11 minutes ago, qbvikings said:

haha OK OK I get it :) Yep saw his highlights and he's in. Thank you for bringing his "Bob Nelson" like secret skills to my attention.

People will pick the Denver Broncos just so they can punt on every down.  At Syracuse, Chuck Norris jokes are replaced with Riley Dixon jokes.

"When Riley Dixon punts the ball, the only reason it comes down is because God threw it back."

"Riley Dixon drafted the World Champion Denver Broncos as the team he wants to play for in the NFL Draft."

3 hours ago, Baron von Lector said:

Untitled.png

i play the game too. i have pinion too. 

First off, love the juiced version. I tinkered a bit with the uniforms in an effort to having all the regular season games have teams play in their #1 uniform for home games and #2 uniforms on the road. Divisional matchups were decided by numerous factors including aesthetics, team records and personal preference. Due to the NFC West having it's issues I made their primary and secondary uniforms the same. Attached you'll find the edited file along with a palette file I use. I also attached some screenshots as well. Hopefully you find this useful. I also applied some hacks:

#Add stats after quarters

SET( 0x22109, 0x4E ) end of 1st quarter

SET( 0x22113, 0x4E ) end of 2nd quarter

SET( 0x2213D, 0x4E ) end of 3rd quarter

#Increase CPU kickoff length

SET( 0x2A534, 0x4C50BF)

SET( 0x2BF60, 0xA5454AA5446A186972A8A9016900AA4C2FA5)

#Play as 2nd player against CPU

SET(0x214BD,0xC97F)

TSB 2016-17 QBV Juiced.nes (1).nes

Tecmo.PAL

TSB 2016-17 QBV Juiced.nes (1).png

TSB 2016-17 QBV Juiced.nes (11).png

TSB 2016-17 QBV Juiced.nes (16).png

TSB 2016-17 QBV Juiced.nes (117).png

Edited by SBlueman

1 hour ago, Disengage said:

Some Bills updates now that they're down to the 53 man roster:

• RB2 Jerome Felton cut, Glenn Gronkowski #48 is now the team's fullback/TE
  • LOLB Manny Lawson cut, Lorenzo Alexander #57 is now the starting LOLB

I'd have to dig deeper for the rest of the league.

Yep got em, im gonna do as much as I can when I can this weekend. I have Bills, Titans and Falcons so far. Bear with me folks. Latest files uploaded.

6 minutes ago, SBlueman said:

It'll be a busy weekend with roster cuts, waiver wire pickups and free agents. I thank you in advance for the extra work. Do you plan on releasing a mid season and/or post season edition as well?

See above and thank you. Nope after this weekend that's it for this year. After all that's how the OG Tecmo boys did it. :)

Here's a bug. I hope it helps. I downloaded the juiced rom and opened with OpenEmu. I changed quarters to 8 minutes, set the 49ers as Coach and autoskip to week 17. I auto-skipped to the 49er game and then hit start. Coin toss all was normal. But after introducing the kicker, the screen went black.