Getting the clock to run in Overtime in Post Season Games

Hi.  I was wondering is there a way to get the clock to run in Overtime in postseason games?  I wanted to be able keep track of how long Overtime actually lasts in playoff games.  

Basically, I'd like to see the clock act like an Overtime game in the regular season.  It starts at 5 minutes and works it's way down.  And at the lower right hand corner of the play call screen it says "5 QTR".  Only in the postseason, if nobody has scored the game doesn't end in a tie.  Instead 5 minutes are added again and the lower right hand corner of the play call screen says "6 OTR".   And this process would repeat itself until somebody actually scored, so the lower right corner of the play screen would increase by 1 after each 5 minutes say "7 QTR, 8 QTR, 9 QTR, 10 QTR", etc.

Everything else stays the same.  First team to score wins the game.  CPU logic in OT is the same.

Would this be difficult or easy to do?

Edited by Fox Mulder

3 hours ago, Fox Mulder said:

Sorry, I'm a newbie.

What would be the best editor to use to do this?

His reply is misleading. For a novice, this is a monumental task. Someone with his experience it would just require man-hours as opposed to difficulty.

To get your feet wet, hit up this tutorial from ROMhacking.net -- http://www.romhacking.net/start/