Ken Griffey's Winning Run Baseball

At what point did it freeze?  I started a season with the Cubs, went through the first week of simulations (one game), then started a game against the Padres.  After the game started, Mordecai "Three Fingers" Brown threw a few pitches to Tony Gwynn, Ryan Klesko, and Adrian Gonzalez.  Maybe a hiccup?

While rating the Mariners, I noticed a little fun face:  In the history of Major League Baseball, there have only been two players named "Harold" (Harold Reynolds and Baines).

More proof that the game puts a strong emphasis on power numbers when rating players:  Ichiro Suzuki can be had for the price of Alvin Davis or Mike Cameron.

mariners.png

On 8/2/2016 at 11:59 AM, Martin said:

When COM hits, the batter just stays put. I was playing a Giants v. Mets exhibition game.

When this happened, which team were you?  Do you remember which batter was batting when this happened?

EDIT:  I just started an exhibition game with the Giants and Mets.  I noticed a few oddities.  First off, the Ball count never resets, as the balls carry over to the next batter.  When a 4th ball is pitched, the batter walks and the next batter comes to bat with 4 balls.  Once a 5th ball is pitched, the batter and pitcher just stand there.  This is with Christy Mathewson pitching.  I'm gonna see if it happens with a different pitcher and hope that it's a Mathewson thing and not something larger.

EDIT 2:  I put Carl Hubbell in as the starting pitcher and the same thing happened.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Edited by Baron von Lector

I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere along the lines of updating the rosters and ratings, something glitched that caused the Ball pitch count against batters to not reset to zero after an at-bat is complete.  In short, if Babe Ruth homers on a 3-2 pitch, Lou Gehrig comes to bat with a 3-0 count.  Once a 5th ball occurs, the game internally vomits on itself.  So, until I can figure out which bit of data was changed (I've only changed batter/pitcher data), I'm putting this on the back-burner.

However, some good news... I'm pulling an old project off of the scrap heap and it should be finished by the end of next week.

More details to come.

Edited by Baron von Lector

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2016 at 7:47 AM, Baron von Lector said:

Barry Bonds was the Trade Value beast for all of 20 minutes until Christy Mathewson and Tim Keefe swept in and took the title.  I'm starting to think that the values have a lot to do with the season statistics I input for each player.  I used each player's best season for their stats.  Looking at Tim Keefe's stats in 1888, I think this justifies the theory.

sfgiants.png

timkeefe.png

Not to nit pick but Willie Mays was a center fielder until way late in his career.  I believe Bobby Thomson played center field until 51 when Mays got there then he primarily played left field. Great job though!

Here is a snippet of "someone's" top offensive years all time for the Giants.  I'm sure some of the great players had some different seasons that were equally great. I for one would not use Barry Bonds 73 Home Run season (2001). I think his best seasons were actually his 2002 and 2004 seasons, when he hit .370 and .362 with 46 and 45 homeruns with on base percentages of .582 and .609. His highest OPS seasons were '04, '02 and '01 with 1.422, 1.381 & 1.379 respectfully.

SF Giants.PNG