Long Island, NY - 08/13/16 - LI Retro Tecmo Tourney

SUMMER NORTHEAST TECMO IS BACK!

http://expo.liretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/LIRGEXPO-SITE3-1.jpg

http://expo.liretro.com/

When: Saturday, August 13th, 2016- Registration starts @ 10:00 AM EST; Play will start @ TBD (Most likely 11:00 AM EST).

110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway
Hauppauge, NY 11788

Desired Number of Participants: 16-32

Sign-Up: Participation is Free for first time tournament players; $15 cash buy-in for anyone who has participated in a Tecmo tournament before

Tourney Format: Format will be double elimination.  All rookie players will be randomly assigned another rookie player and all tournament veterans assigned a tournament vet for the first round as space permits. All winners of first round matchup will be randomly assigned another winner of a first round matchup (same for loser’s bracket). Each round will be randomly assigned until only one Champion remains!

Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded to top three participants. All participants will be eligible to win a raffle prize just for entering.  Top first time player will receive one free future entry into any Northeast Tecmo Tournament!

Equipment: We need Nintendos, TVs, Controllers, Carts! If you are able to bring any of these in working condition, please let us know what you can bring and how many of each. If you are able to provide any television sets, please let us know the size and any kind of hookup (RF Switch/AV Cable).

How to Register: Registration is open by e-mailing: NYTecmo at tecmobowl.org

Team Selection for Each Matchup: A coin will be flipped before each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (b) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.

Note about Matchups: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Rams-Broncos, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.  For fairness

Rules:

Equipment Failure: If equipment fails during the game, games will be replayed from the start unless it is halftime. After halftime, scores are taken from the half and another half is played. Scores from each half are added together to form final score. Ties are allowed in pool play.  If the game is tied in elimination play, then a new game is started with the first person to score being the winner.  Any malfunction caused by human error may result in an automatic forfeit due to the discretion of the tournament organizers.
Onside Kicks: Onside Kicks are okay anytime (aka, "at your own risk").
Lurching: Lurching is not allowed (dive tackling over the line of scrimmage with a DL). DL use is allowed, but you must either go outside the Offensive Tackle or grapple an OL to rush.
WR/TE at RB: Running the ball with a WR or TE from the RB position is prohibited.  WRs or TEs are allowed to run the ball on reverses.

Questions: Feel free to post questions about the tournament below or you can direct them to NYTecmo at tecmobowl.org

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure about the other tournaments and if there is a cost.  Did you check out the LI Retro site?  http://expo.liretro.com/

Also, I'm looking for a NBA Jam: TE partner to team up with.  It's in my top 3 sports games I've played the most throughout my life, so I'm pretty good at it, but it has been a while.

And yes indeed it will be Genesis NHL 94!  I think there are guys in the NHL 94 community who play SNES, but Genesis seems to be the preferred version.  Growing up, I had NHLPA 93 and NHL 95 for SNES (not 94), so I'm sure most NHL players would destroy me on 94. :)

3 hours ago, Bad Moon Rison said:

I am not sure about the other tournaments and if there is a cost.  Did you check out the LI Retro site?  http://expo.liretro.com/

Also, I'm looking for a NBA Jam: TE partner to team up with.  It's in my top 3 sports games I've played the most throughout my life, so I'm pretty good at it, but it has been a while.

And yes indeed it will be Genesis NHL 94!  I think there are guys in the NHL 94 community who play SNES, but Genesis seems to be the preferred version.  Growing up, I had NHLPA 93 and NHL 95 for SNES (not 94), so I'm sure most NHL players would destroy me on 94. :)

If you need a partner for NBA Jam I would gladly team up with you, as I plan on playing in the NBA Jam tourney as well. 

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Bring it. All day long, mang. All day. Unfortunately funds aren't in the cards for me after Midwest.

Proximity mines in the basement= game over!

On 7/13/2016 at 0:16 PM, MattyD said:

I am in for the Tecmo Tournament. @Bad Moon Rison  @banditra101801Are the NHL 94, Mario Kart 64, NBA Jam tournaments all free entry too? A couple friends  and myself are interested in those as well.

Hi MattyD,

Sorry for being off the grid from the forum. Been busy with the expo and a few vacations in between :-D. Most of the tournaments and achievement stations are free with admission for the expo. The tournaments that may have an entrance fee are the Smash Bros. tournaments and Mario Kart 64, but once I get the information, I will post it on this thread. Thanks!

George

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2016 at 0:16 PM, MattyD said:

I am in for the Tecmo Tournament. @Bad Moon Rison  @banditra101801Are the NHL 94, Mario Kart 64, NBA Jam tournaments all free entry too? A couple friends  and myself are interested in those as well.

Hi MattyD,

To answer your question about what tournaments have an entry fee, here is the list of the tournaments that do:

Tecmo Super Bowl, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Project M

All other tournaments are free.

Edited by banditra101801

On 8/6/2016 at 10:31 PM, oklahoma said:

Is there a list of participants for this going yet?

Officially signed up:

Brian R (NY)

Patrick B (NY)

Scott S (NY)

Kevin S (CT)

Matt D (PA)

Jon B (PA)

Rob R (CT)

Dennis H (NY)

Ricardo I (PA)

Cody K (PA)

Dave M (NY)

Stephen O + 1 (NY)*

Jason H (NY)*

And you!  :)  I have a couple of guys who will get back to me.  Asterisk is for participants' first tourney.  We will likely get a few people the day of the expo.