Seattle, WA - 09/04/16 - Pac-Rim III

SirTed

yeah i mentioned to moonwalk that i recall meeting him or hearing of him before... only much later did it come up that it was because he is a former world champ!  definitely the most humble guy in the room that day, which is low hanging fruit in the pnw but anyway (teds sandbaGGery does not count as humility)...... happy trails, party pete! hope we cross paths at another tourney down the road.

anyway i need some help to update my personal records... after the tourney i beat somebody 35-17, den over pit, who did i play? i think it was grip

after that i played someone jets vs atl, i think i was jets and won 13-10, who was atl?

then i played a philly-giants game, philly won 21-14, who did i play and what team were you?

thanks for the good times dt and ted, beat yall at the next one!

mahalo

7 hours ago, manyo360 said:

yeah i mentioned to moonwalk that i recall meeting him or hearing of him before... only much later did it come up that it was because he is a former world champ!  definitely the most humble guy in the room that day, which is low hanging fruit in the pnw but anyway (teds sandbaGGery does not count as humility)...... happy trails, party pete! hope we cross paths at another tourney down the road.

anyway i need some help to update my personal records... after the tourney i beat somebody 35-17, den over pit, who did i play? i think it was grip

after that i played someone jets vs atl, i think i was jets and won 13-10, who was atl?

then i played a philly-giants game, philly won 21-14, who did i play and what team were you?

mahalo

I was Atlanta in that Jets/Falcons matchup. Leahy for the win.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:00 AM, manyo360 said:

mahalo

What's this? Some sort of elaborate ruse to get someone to lay out your hit-list for you?

Well, looks like none of these games were part of the tourney structure anyway....

Welp, it's been over 10 days, and life's been a whirlwind since, but I wanted to recap my day here, as I had a blast and some real good games.

Game 1

I again (like clockwork) drew Gripsmoke. It's not a PNW tourney unless me and grip are playing right away and usually it's been NE and Indy. This was the first time I got to be Indy, as I picked controller 1 (something I did most of the time on this day when I lost toss). The story of this game was Marc Wilson getting victimized by the Colts subpar D. Grip got John Stephens really going but I tried to let the run game go to protect those TD passes and somehow the containment worked. Sphincter factor of 8.

20160904_121411.jpg

Game 2

After a couple of drawing hiccups where I was due to play BWagg I believe and then a relative newcomer to the scene, the draw needed to be done a 3rd time and I drew Jim Jensen who had a bye the first round. He won toss and picked a high matchup, Phi and the Raiders. I took controller 1 and he picked Philly. Story of this game was on a drive mid 2nd quarter. Jay Schroeder tried to zing one to the fleet of foot Willie Gault, but somehow Eric Allen got there ( of course I know he's 50rp) and got that pick. Jimbo turned around and scored right away and I was down 14-7 at half kicking to him. Couldn't get a stop and didnt bother trying to score late to cut it to 7 when there was no real time left. Sphincter factor of 6, but Tight Butthole was in full effect.

20160904_125454.jpg

Game 3

I draw DT and this one I might have won toss and thrown CIN DET his way. I don't remember much about this game other than being really pissed and disheartened early as I threw a really stupid pick over the middle to fulcher that happened in slow motion and it went downhill from there. Things were looking really bleak as it looked like another in a decently long line of non success in PNW tourneys ( it wasn't that bad, just feels that way). I needed a pick me up in the worst way.

Sphincter factor was a 2, and Tight Butthole was no longer as I pretty much thought my day was done.

20160904_132841.jpg

Game 4

I draw Manyo, who I believe was 3-0 so far and had handed the day's champ Moonwalk his only loss until the finals in round 2. I think I won this toss and threw SD Den at him, knowing he would probably take that bucktooth Cardinal and his Broncs. I got handed a couple of gimme fumbles and just ran with it. Much needed love from the Tecmo Gods. I'm still giving thanks. You don't question, just accept and carry on. Manyo was accordingly respectful of thy Gods and took what happened in stride. Staying Alive started pumping in my veins.

Sphincter Factor of 5, not too tight since the fumbles really settled it. A late TD secured the W. Disco fever kicking in...

20160904_141120.jpg

Game 5

I draw Stu. EGADS this draw is tough. Stu is no joke. A PNW vet from the very first tourney at Another Castle, and who I had to beat to get to Manyo in the finals. We're the only three who were there that still attend tourneys on the regular. So I've drawn Grip, Jim Jensen, DT, Manyo, and Stu. 3 have won tourneys here and Jimbo and Stu both have the skills to seal the deal. Stu throws Jets Cowboys at me and the juxtaposition is real. In my only Madison appearance (to date) I lost my first game and needed to win 4 to make the bracket. After winning the first 3, I played the guy who eventually bounced Gats in the round of 64, and I threw him DAL JETS as he had just played really well with the Jets, and being that he was from NY (had just arrived to Madison as the tourney started via a car road trip with his brother) I thought he might take the JETS. He didn't and I lost ending my Madison day. In this case, I took Dallas. It's tough for me to take Dallas as they are my favorite team and I just feel I have rotten luck and minimal success with them in tourneys as Manyo can attest. In the first Seattle tourney, he won 2 out of 3 with the Saints vs my as the Boys. In subsequent tourneys, I've said and followed through that if someone throws PIT DALL at me, I'm taking PIT, and Manyo did just that and thus I did just that. But I took Dallas.

This one was a slobberknocker. I got an early advantage and was trying to finish it off, I believe with the ball late and up 4, Aikman throws a pick. LVP rises again. Now it's hold on time. Stu is driving, he's in the red zone. Some stuff happened. A 4th and 3 or so from the 5 commences. Somehow I get some drone love to hold him up and hold on for the win. AMEN Somehow I'm able to punch my ticket to the winners bracket.

Sphincter factor 11

20160904_160745.jpg

Halftime Festivities.

I needed some grub, and bad. This is how I rolled. I love the venue. Nice service, good food and Mac n Jack's on tap. Can't beat it.

20160904_170640.jpg

On to the Bracket.

Game 6, Double Elim Bracket game 1.

I draw Manyo again.

I don't remember who won the toss, but my guess is I did and threw him CIN MIA. Possibly he called it and I took P1. I don't really remember what happened. I think I got a stop early on downs on Manyo's side. Then another one late when he needed to go for it instead of a FG. Kamp was backed into a corner and the beer and the PEDs started to kick in. Dandy Dan had 100 % passing, but I look at the total offense and love the balance, 120 ish on both running and passing. Critical win in first game of double elim.

Sphincter factor 8

20160904_174319.jpg

Game 7, Winners Bracket Game 2

I draw Jim Jensen again, who waxed me earlier today. This game is huge. I'm feeling the tecmo love, as in love of tecmo. Enjoying all the other games going on, I decided to take my time in playing and DT was on board. This time I won toss, and I throw Colts Pats at Jimbo. Jensen takes the Colts and it's on. Trudeau was less than stellar throwing a pick and even though Bentley averaged 26 plus per carry, he only got 2. I was able to control the clock I'm guessing as I had 25 rushes for 179 with the Pats RBs, and hold on for a 24 - 7 win. I didn't know this at the time, but winning this got me a lock on at least 3rd. I was super stoked.

Sphincter Factor 6

20160904_184359.jpg

At this time I got to do some more watching as DT said it was cool to hold off on playing Moonwalk as the only 2 undefeated in the bracket. So I got to watch some tecmo, and be with the homies. Good times. Good games.

Game 8 Bracket Gm 3

Me and Moonwalk.

He wins toss and picks PHI MIA. I had heard he likes PHI a lot, so I take Philly. It was a tough and tight game, but Marino's CC love was too much to overcome, the worst being the last one to essentially seal it I believe and kill the rest of the clock. Maybe it was for position to kick the GW FG, I don't really remember, I think he already had the ball with the 3 point lead. QB Eagles was stellar with 25% passing.

Sphincter factor 10

20160904_195739.jpg

Game 9

I play Jim Jensen AGAIN, this time loser takes 3rd and winner goes on to Moonwalk, needing to win 2 in a row to win the whole shebang. I think I won the toss and picked CIN CHI, as I like the matchup and both teams. Jimbo then picks P1. I could be wrong, but I think this was how it went down. I take the Bears after much deliberation (if I'm remembering correctly). I really don't remember much of this game. I believe it was 7 7 for a long time, and it was definitely tight throughout. Wendell Davis' 50 yard catch looms huge in retrospect, and Douchebag Harbaugh style got some play (15 yards!) Somehow I won and move on to the finals.

Sphincter factor 12

20160904_202254.jpg

Game 10

Finals vs Moonwalk, I need to win 2 to win. He wins toss and throws Chiefs Bears. Or maybe I won toss and threw KC BEARS at him. I think that's right. I love the Bears in this matchup, but I love P1 even more. He takes Bears and some things happened. Bears couldn't pass and KC was able to keep the Bears stellar run game in check with their stud LB corps.

Sphincter factor 8. Not too dramatic.

20160904_210139.jpg

This set up the finale. For all the marbles.

Game 11

Perhaps I won the toss again? I don't even remember. I know that Moonwalk wasn't liking me taking P1, perhaps he won the toss for both of these. Anyway, I remember losing the coin toss, receiving, then Okoye fumbling away my first drive. I was able to keep it close and I remember getting the ball late (sometime in the 4th) and it being tied at 14. There was a pivotal play where I had a wide open Paige deep, but on 3rd and 6 or so, I didn't get the pass off as I was running toward the line of scrimmage and only got like 2 yards. I went for it and got bupkus on 4th. I feel like some Marino magic also happened, but I can't complain. The Tecmo Gods were kind to me on this day, because I got to enjoy tecmo for a whole day in a great atmosphere with some truly great dudes. WHat could be better than that?

20160904_213645.jpg

Some final notes.

It was great to meet some new folks and peep my old PNW tecmo homies. Moonwalk was a class act throughout, and I agree with Manyo, humblest dude there. Also briefly met Sixkiller, Sonny's son. Very cool dude, we got to chat a little. jim Jensen is DT's boy, sick player and chill dude. Talked with 91 Huskies only briefly, but you gotta love that handle! I love our dudes up here. Manyo is the hearbeat of the PNW imho, and then Ted, and now DT picking up the ball and rolling with it. Great dudes and excellent tecmo players to boot. Nothing better than good competition with good dudes. Grip, as always we met early. I was fortunate to pull that one out. Grip was a blast that day. Punking the swag, lol. B Wagg, good to see again. Wish we could have played like we were scheduled to.

White Tick, I need to play you some more cuz I don't think I've beaten you yet. We'll have to get together soon. Go Cowboys. Stu, man, this is how the PNW is. Could have just as easily been Stu making the run I did after our last pre bracket game went down the way it did.

And last but not least. RUDY RUDY. TBK was in the house and he stayed. And THAT was the best feeling also. We got some serious cool cats up here and some talent to boot, the battlin was on point. You can't hang your head when shit don't fly your way in these, but you best be thanking the gods win or lose, cuz live tecmo playing is never guaranteed.

GLRW folks. See ya soon hopefully. I think some things are a brewin...