Seattle, WA - 09/04/16 - Pac-Rim III

SirTed

That's right! The best is back again. Your boy @DT., has returned to his PNW roots and brought a fire in his belly to put on a hellava show. We're joining forces to bring Tecmo back to Sea-Town!!! Check out some details, with plenty of fun to follow. Mark your calendars. Start pushing that Escolade up the driveway, boys.

The Place:
Magnolia Village Pub
(Seattle's #1 Sports Bar)

The Time:
11 am Sunday September 4th
(The day before Labor Day)

The Method of Determining the Greatest:
Tecmo Super Bowl
(greatest video game ever)

Seattle is back as a premier TSB destination. This Labor Day weekend will be a summit for fans of the greatest thing to come out of Japan besides possibly Ichiro. A full-day affair is in store with a six round regular season followed by a single elimination playoff. Standard Madison rules will be the law of the land with a few Seattle-style twists TBA.

This event will serve as a proving ground for anyone claiming to be top Tecmo dog on the West Coast, a destination for Tecmo enthusiasts looking for top competition and an excuse to visit the Emerald City, and as an opportunity to celebrate the rich culture of the game.

THIS IS HAPPENING. Details to be rolled out in a timely manner regarding format, prizes, and potential side-events, but this will be the date. Get your calendars in order now!

1. SirTed
2. DT
3. Gripsmoke
4. Kamphuna
5. Tailback King
6. Chalky White
7. Goalline Landmine
8. Dirty South
9. Xtra Largent
10. Tri Berry
11. Tick
12. Jim Jensen
13. Hanging Chadwick
14. Stu
15. Gudor 
16. Manyo
17. BurnOne?... lets go Burn
18. 1991Huskies
19. 6-Killer

20. YOUR NAME HERE
Edited by SirTed

• DFM changed the title to Seattle, WA - 09/04/16 - Pac-Rim III
  • DFM pinned this topic

There is no doubt about it. Were someone to emerge the last standing at the Manyo Dojo then a couple months later follow it up by slaying all comers in Ted's Backyard, they would immediately reach a previously unattained level of Tecmo notoriety. "The Northwest Double" would probably even surpass Jordan Spieth's 2015 Masters-US Open run in terms of athletic achievement and probably be somewhere around Edgar Martinez' 1995 season in terms of NW Sports lore.

• 3 weeks later...

Hell yea, bring them 503s, 541s, and 971 Oregon boyz.

I know the 360, 206, and 253 will be well repped. Question is will any 425s or 509s show up and represent their clique?

Will anyone come from places far? Seattle in September is a sight to see! And ain't no party like a PNW Tecmo party! Hoping to see some of my East Coast and Midwest peeps looking for a new challenge and some adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^(ESPN Interview Style) "Well Gripsmoke, You're in a very unique position and a clear favorite to win the PAC RIM Tournament.......The coveted 'NW Double' is only one win away or you........Are you prepared?????  Are you nervous??????  How are you dealing with the pressure to perform??????  Rumor has it you've retreated and disappered into the Himalayan mountains with no food or clothes to live with the cave monks and meditate on the rigorous task at hand...is there truth to this rumor?????

FORMAT ANNOUNCEMENT

This will be a random matchup Tournament. Anyone who is familiar with the Detroit Kumite will recognize it.

Each round there will be a random draw and two Tecmoers will be pitted against each other. If there is an odd number of competitors someone will receive a bye. Once eight players have received 3 losses, those players will be seeded into a single elimination tournament. The winner of this tournament will receive a consolation prize.

In the meantime, if there are 16 or more competitors, play will continue until just 8 have received less than 3 losses. Those 8 players will be seeded into a double elimination bracket to determine Seattle's Tecmo King.

If there are four or more players left over from the first 8 and the last 8, they will be put into a bracket of their own for another consolation prize.

Cash Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place AS WELL as a rookie award given to the highest finisher among any participants that have been to ONE tournament or less.

More announcements to come soon. If you are considering attending please do me a favor and message me here or on discord or wherever so we can iron this sucker out, and if you are a regular who I haven't heard from lately, expect to be harassed soon.

I'm in, although it really shouldn't have been a question as this tournament would not have nearly the prestige without me. As the only person in history to eliminate both Holzbauer brothers in the same tournament (Lincoln 2011), I know that I will have a large target on my back, but that's pressure you must deal with as The Great One. I look forward to Labor Day weekend and encourage anybody interested in taking me down to show up and add your name to my list of victims.

14 hours ago, Tick said:

I'm in, although it really shouldn't have been a question as this tournament would not have nearly the prestige without me. As the only person in history to eliminate both Holzbauer brothers in the same tournament (Lincoln 2011), I know that I will have a large target on my back, but that's pressure you must deal with as The Great One. I look forward to Labor Day weekend and encourage anybody interested in taking me down to show up and add your name to my list of victims.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeet theeeeeeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuuuuuucc outta here.....and I mean that in the nicest way.  I was a lil' rusty last Tourney cuzz it's been awhile, but I know I could beat you without question.  And it would probably be even eazyer if I DIDN'T use Phoenix.......but that's how I role.  I go down wit my ship to the END.  Basically I'm sayin' you don't want none of Tailback King.  I'v lost to the best and BEAT the best......you ain't no different.