The Man, The Myth, The Legend...

^^^I'll take Eddie any day.......tackling a guy like that is gonna HURT.  Dealing with a guy like that is gonna wear on you physically & mentally through the course of a game as a defender..................................but alas, you and buck have points too.  You want Jim Brown or Gale Sayers in your backfield???  Both are effective, and it just comes down to preferance.........I prefer power over shiftyness.

@ buck... Johnson was twice the pass catcher Sanders could ever hope to be, and that's one of the things that made him unique...I think thats a skill you have seemed to overlook...diverse big backs are a rare breed...especially one who could catch as well as a wideout. (in real life)

On 6/11/2016 at 11:00 AM, ~Tailback King~ said:

By 92', he was pissed at the whole Cards organization and didn't want to play there anymore......he wanted to be traded, but they wouldn't trade him........yet........Joe Bugel benched him for basically the whole first half of the 92' season until he had no choice but to play him because they were'nt winning, and his coaching job was on the line.  When Johnson finally got his starting job back, he busted out for 160 yards and a couple of TD's vs the NY Giants in his debut......Bugel's a fucc!n' idiot.   (find THAT game)

^^^@Pocky, seriously, find THIS game.

• 2 months later...

Once again the NFL has put the kabosh on all of the 'LEGEND' Johnny Johnson's highlights............I honestly think they are tryin to make his career disappere.  At least there will alwayz be Tecmo Superbowl..........thank God for that!!!..............................(and the super cool Asians who helped create it ;))

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2016 at 3:25 PM, PockyCandy said:

I found this. There are 10 parts in all. You can find the rest on youtube:

Would someone PLEASE make a GIF outta the first play of the lower screen...before it mysteriously disapperes...Bolt, Poc???...anybody???

(and put it in the Best GIFS section!!!......it's one thing to run over a punter, but it takes a lil' sumthin' xtra ta run over one of the best linebackers in the league)

2 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Would someone PLEASE make a GIF outta the first play of the lower screen...before it mysteriously disapperes...Bolt, Poc???...anybody???

(and put it in the Best GIFS section!!!......)

I don't know (how), but while we wait watch Sharon kick the ball around ...

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/64922-best-gifs/?do=findComment&comment=478097

^^^Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knobbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kamp!!!!!!!!!!! Manyo!!!!!!!!!!!  C'Mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE MAKE THIS J.J. GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's the last known footage in EXISTANCE!!!!!^^^

Edited by ~Tailback King~

• 3 weeks later...

*BUMP*  The greatest Tourney of ALL TIME is happenin' in Portland Oregon 11:00 am, Saturday, dedicated to the greatest offensive threat in the history of Tecmobowl...........I just thought I'd give ya'll the gift of Johnson one more time...............................Drink it in maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.  

• 1 month later...

while it is ~TRUE~ that Johnny J fumbles a lot, what most guys dont understand is that this fact provides even moar undeniable *PROOF* of his Tecmo Greatness..... for its only the GREAT Tecmo backs that seem to fumble a lot, for two obvious reasons: (1) they stand as fucking giants compared to the rest of their team, so you feed them the rock, repeatedly... then, (2) the subliminal extrasensory ☆JUICE☆ starts flowing thru the controller, into your veins and up your arm, crawling like an electric snake into your brain and shutting down all inhibitory impulses like "get OOB" or "take the first down" just RIDE THAT RAINBOW PONY MAN, FUCK YESSSS....... then the next conscious thought you possess is a vague sense of alarm, the balls out, and the other teams recovered it... you start breaking out in a cold sweat, wipe the saliva off your chin, rub out the stains in your pants, say "man up, play some fucking defense" and get johnny johnson the ball back... cuz he didnt fumble, THE GODS DID: just their way of letting johnny know "them wings sure is pretty boy, but we warned you bout them wax hands now"

Edited by manYo

• 3 months later...

*BUMP*  There's only one way to bring in summer......with a shot a Johnny Johnson!!!  Watch greatness before it's gone...............Drink it in Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.......

2 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

*BUMP*  There's only one way to bring in summer......with a shot a Johnny Johnson!!!  Watch greatness before it's gone...............Drink it in Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.......

This video has been now been downloaded and will reside for all of eternity on my computer. I've got 4 sources of JJ footage now. 

so I just now realized that Johnny Johnson is/was an actual human being.  this whole time I thought we were talking about a video game character called Johnny Johnson, who had a reverse play to the slowest WR on the Tecmo Super Bowl Nintendo game.

anyways, I am cool with Johnny as a super awesome magical NES character, but I am NOT cool with Johnny as an actual human-being NFL running back.  

NES Johnny >>> Real Johnny.  

Real Johnny sux.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 3:35 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

I just thought I'd bump this again one more time for the SUMMER, because it goes by as fast and last about as long as Johnny Johnson highlights do on the internet....  so if ya wanna skip ta the parts where 'LEGENDS' are made of, go to 3:30, 6:36, and 7:43............Whatever your doing in your day will become "just that much better" after you watch this. ;)      .....You're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

There's something strange in the air... more and more glimpses of the 'LEGEND' are popping up on the internet.  The year was 1991, and adversity struck, like it only can do to the Cardinals, but one man did what he could to keep his head above the water while he was stuck on a sinking ship with no starting quarterback......There's no need to mention names, but if you have no patience, the flashes of brilliance are at 3:54, 8:26, 10:11, 20:14......  Oh, and Buck, at the 20:14 mark, Johnson does somthin' in a fashion that even Walter Payton would be proud of!!!  (Pocky, burn this before it's gone)

This one's for the record books when "THE LEGEND" rips one vs da Bears for over 90 yards in one run.....Sorry to say this was Johnny's last year he would play...what a shame.  (excellence of execution style running from the 'LEGEND' is on 3:21, 8:27, 11:16)  ...burn it Pocky!!!