The Man, The Myth, The Legend...

3 hours ago, gonickmontana said:

And a special guest appearance by Dave Krieg on the ticker with 4 ints. 

I had to look it up cuz that was the year DT got ol' Mudbone 7 times before Krieg eluded Thomas to throw the game winner... but that game happened three weeks later. DT didn't play in the Krieg 4int game. And the 9 - 7 $eahawks swept the 11- 5 Chiefs that year. 

The final score of the 4 int game? 19 - 7. DeBerg hit JJ Birden for the chief's lone TD early, while John L Williams sealed it late with a 4 yard TD run. 

Kevin Ross had 2 picks, Albert Lewis 1 and some Donaldson defender got the other int

6 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Guess that's why Hoss has 25ms. Great seeing the Giants stuff your boy about 6 times.

Yeah..................Johnny Johnson only went over 100+ yards against the best defense in the game at the time as a rookie on a $#!tty team......that's all.  They shoulda' showed the WHOLE game.  You woulda' seen that G-Men D get carved up.

1 hour ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Yeah..................Johnny Johnson only went over 100+ yards against the best defense in the game at the time as a rookie on a $#!tty team......that's all.  They shoulda' showed the WHOLE game.  You woulda' seen that G-Men D get carved up.

108 yards on 30 carries is 3.6 YPC. That's not exactly tearing it up. Just because he was their only weapon doesn't mean he was good.

1 hour ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Just because he was their only weapon doesn't mean he was good.

Oh, but he was

If ever there was a legend Tecmo does make it's Ol' Double-D..................{Dong Dong}

Bo made Tecmo, but Tecmo made Johnny.

11 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

108 yards on 30 carries is 3.6 YPC. That's not exactly tearing it up. Just because he was their only weapon doesn't mean he was good.

You're right.......It mean's he was EXCEPTIONAL.  Everybody knew who was getting the ball and he STILL got the yards, and almost singlehandedly beat the best team in the league.  No other player could do that to the Superbowl Giants that year, I'll tell you that.....Infact, no other player was as good as he was up to the time he got hurt mid way through the year.

10 hours ago, Bolt said:

Oh, but he was

If ever there was a legend Tecmo does make it's Ol' Double-D..................{Dong Dong}

Bo made Tecmo, but Tecmo made Johnny.

Tecmo DIDN'T make Johnny Johnson.......He just graced Tecmobowl with his presents.....and the Cardinals to be honest.  Without Johnson on the Cards, whaddaya got???  Eazily the WORST team in the game, Tecmo and real life.......that little clip I posted vs the Giants was a perfect example, without him, the game wouldn't have been close, and you know it..........give props where there due.

My GOD Pocky,..................Where the hell are you comin' up with these highlights???????????????  You got me speechless man, and that's hard to do!  1st the DICKERSON highlights, now THIS???????  You are definitely doin' you part showin' these youngsters what real Tailback's are supposed to play like, run like, and look like..........and you're bringin' back a glimps of greatness that unfortunately time seems to have forgotten......Good $#!t man, good $#!t.

6 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

My GOD Pocky,..................Where the hell are you comin' up with these highlights???????????????  You got me speechless man, and that's hard to do!  1st the DICKERSON highlights, now THIS???????  You are definitely doin' you part showin' these youngsters what real Tailback's are supposed to play like, run like, and look like..........and you're bringin' back a glimps of greatness that unfortunately time seems to have forgotten......Good $#!t man, good $#!t.

I googled where Johnny Johnson played his college ball. He played at San Jose State, and he only got one season as the main tailback was 1988. So I youtubed "San Jose State football 1988" and came up with this. As far as I can tell, this Adam Juarez guy has uploaded the only footage of him on youtube :(

3 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

I googled where Johnny Johnson played his college ball. He played at San Jose State, and he only got one season as the main tailback was 1988. So I youtubed "San Jose State football 1988" and came up with this. As far as I can tell, this Adam Juarez guy has uploaded the only footage of him on youtube :(

It makes sense that you'd have to do a bit more digging, because not too many 50 MS NFL running backs get they highlights on youtube.  

On 5/18/2016 at 7:30 AM, PockyCandy said:

Johnny Johnson highlights begin at the 7:20 mark. 

The play that absolutely defines Johnny Johnson as a player, and Tecmo baller is at 2:56:39.........He can do it ALL, and for the teams he's played for, he's had to.

On 5/16/2016 at 1:33 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Holy $#!t...............I actually found some Johnny Johnson highlights the NFL hasn't confiscated...short but sweet... (5:20)

It's only a matter of time before this one mysteriously disapere's too, so catch a glimps of greatness while you can.

Rosenbach looks like he doesn't trust the play-calling

25 minutes ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I wouldn't, either. Run it up the gut three times and punt it back to give the Giants plenty of time to come back was not going to work.

Had me thinkin' to myself, where was Roy Green?

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2013/07/16/0ap2000000218177/arizona-cardinals-underrated-roy-green-30-percent_thumbnail_200_200.jpg ..........blocking?          http://insidestl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/roygreen.jpg  C'mon.