losing in the playoffs

tecmoalpha

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. But I have read everything on this tecmo 3 forum and I really have a question for the guys that love this game that I don't really recall throughout the forums.

I know everyone is different and plays different ways (defense only seasons,

Backups only, etc). Certain ways guys play against cpu to make more challenging. But I was just curious has anyone ever finished out a season,

Regardless if undefeated and playing straight up..has anyone just up and tanked it in the playoffs? Or do you remember? Lol I'm sure there was a time when we all weren't experts as soon as we first attempted playing tsb3.. I'd like to know fellas....do share 

I generally don't play playoffs when I'm playing through seasons in against the comp. Mainly because I don't want to unlock the greats, but also because I use total seasonal statistics as kind of a guide to how well i'm doing with a specific team.

So, if you meant, intentionally giving up in the playoffs (by the term tanking) then yes, I give up in the playoffs and just skp the games.

But if you mean straight up computer losses, I don't know if I've ever had one in the playoffs but I lose to the computer frequently when I'm playing. Like, I'll finish 15-1 in maybe 1 of 3 of my practice seasons during the NFTGL off-seasons.

In the NFTGL though, we have coaches lose to the computer almost every season, sometimes we'll see 2-3 losses in a single season. In our last season we had a playoff loss in our one seasonal comp game and the computer team (Cowboys) almost won their next game as well. They'll be up on youtube in a couple months.

The only other time we had a playoff loss was in our first video recorded season and here's the link.

That is not the right link... not sure why it did that.

if you go to www.nftgl.com and go to "Schedule" and click on Season VII there is a link at the bottom for Game 242 against the NFC East winner. That's the easiest way to get there I guess since the link isn't pasting right.

I have to tell you.

I have played a lot of seasons (and a lot means A LOT!) and if my CPU rival is so good and my team is not that good or my OL is weak, or my DEF sucks I can lose.

My most traumatic playoff loss was when I discover 3 years ago the ROMs, finally after I dont know 15 years maybe I could play TSB3 again.

Of course I took my 49ers I forgot the trade and FA scheme and I didn't take anyone.

So I finished 14-2 lost to the RAMS and COWBOYS.

NFC Chanpionship versus Dallas in the Candlestick...

Well halftime cowboys 49 49ers 14!!!

I was so angry, My defense could't stop Irvin and Smith, and I couldn't run the ball and Rice was always covered, so I did the only thing I could just throw Rice over and over I got close BUT they also scored.

So the final score was cowboys 63 49ers 49 that really hurts!!!

I like to win my SB.

With this ROM I did for the 20th anniversary, I played 6 season 3 Chiefs 3 Titans and I won all of them, so I thought I could win with the Bears, bad OFF great DEF.

So I finished 16-0 and I receive the Giants in the Divisional.

Very though game Brandon Jacobs and Hedgecock the FB ran all over my Bears DEF. Eli Manning completed a lot with Burres and with 30 sec in the fourth Q Giants score tied the game and the Extra Point put things 21-20 I try to get close (just need a FG) I get close to their 47 yard 2 Timeouts and I SHOULD RUN but noooooo I decided to pass with Grossman... Inomplete 2nd down I throw again and SACKED!!! 3rd down 6 seconds left in my 49 yard impossible to complete a FG, so, I decide to pass again Muhhamad go alone AND is complete in the 10 and at the same time taclekd.

Thanx very much, I lost for one point.

Even these days. LOL

Great story...I freaking loved the 49ers that era...mainly because in real life they knocked the cowboys off that mountain

In 94...such sweet revenge for young and those guys that lost to Dallas the 2 previous years..when sf signed deion and that team started to gel I knew Dallas was in trouble..I was glad,I was sick of Dallas by then...and on tsb 3 I have really played tons with sf and I always go get deion back and go undefeated...that team is tough and u need no running game...fun to use no doubt..one time I played a season with my dolphins but I remember putting sf on man just to go get deion for them and traded Ricky Watters back to them and let the cpu control the season..they went 11-5 mainly because I had it on skip..and I went 16-0 with miami...

Met them in super bowl and with the turnovers I had, the cpu beat me..I never lost that bad to cpu..it was 49-14 they had 2 fumble return tds and young killed me throwing to Watters in the flat..he had 3 td passes to rice(which I had double covered..Vincent and gene Atkins on all 3..lol he threw 2 more to watters..holy hell they were tough..I really can count on one hand how many times I have ever lost to cpu..and I've played this game for 21 years.