Possible Long Island, NY Tournament - 8-13-16

Good afternoon everyone.

My name is George and I am new to TecmoBowl.Org. I am the new Volunteers Coordinator for the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo which is planned to take place on August 13th, 2016 at the Upsky Hotel in Hauppauge, Long Island, New York. Here is the link to information about the expo: http://expo.liretro.com/

I personally suggested to the organizers that there should be a Tecmo Bowl tournament at the expo. At the moment, I am trying to gather information about how to run a Tecmo Bowl tournament and make it attractive to not only the general attendance, but also the Tecmo Bowl community. Hopefully, once I gather information and have discussions with the organizers about this, I hope Tecmo Bowl will be added as a tournament and the tournament can be promoted and advertised for the expo. If there is anyone from New York/Long Island who would be able to assist me with the rules and format, and, in general, if it was possible to get feedback on how to make it successful, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you would like to run a Tecmo Bowl tournament at the expo, I can provide you the contact information to the Events Coordinator and continue further discuss. Plus, if you are from the area and want to be a general volunteer, please let me know. We do not have the incentives program finalized at the moment, but we are trying to make it reflect our appreciation for your sacrificed time and dedicated volunteerism. For the tournament, I would like to keep it at Tecmo Bowl for the NES, even though I personally own and like Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES better :-D.

Thanks for all your feedback and support. I really hope to create a successful Tecmo Bowl tournament for everyone and get to meet the Tecmo Bowl community at the expo!

P.S. I am also gathering information for NHL 94. We had a tournament last year, but the numbers were far less than expected. Just like Tecmo Bowl, I hope to gather information about the game and discuss with the organizers to add a NHL 94 tournament back into the expo and promote its inclusion in advertising, as well. Please message me if you have any information about NHL 94 or the appropriate forum to go to. Thanks.

Edited by banditra101801

57 minutes ago, banditra101801 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

My name is George and I am new to TecmoBowl.Org. I am the new Volunteers Coordinator for the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo which is planned to take place on August 13th, 2016 at the Upsky Hotel in Hauppauge, Long Island, New York. Here is the link to information about the expo: http://expo.liretro.com/

I personally suggested to the organizers that there should be a Tecmo Bowl tournament at the expo. At the moment, I am trying to gather information about how to run a Tecmo Bowl tournament and make it attractive to not only the general attendance, but also the Tecmo Bowl community. Hopefully, once I gather information and have discussions with the organizers about this, I hope Tecmo Bowl will be added as a tournament and the tournament can be promoted and advertised for the expo. If there is anyone from New York/Long Island who would be able to assist me with the rules and format, and, in general, if it was possible to get feedback on how to make it successful, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you would like to run a Tecmo Bowl tournament at the expo, I can provide you the contact information to the Events Coordinator and continue further discuss. Plus, if you are from the area and want to be a general volunteer, please let me know. We do not have the incentives program finalized at the moment, but we are trying to make it reflect our appreciation for your sacrificed time and dedicated volunteerism. For the tournament, I would like to keep it at Tecmo Bowl for the NES, even though I personally own and like Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES better :-D.

Thanks for all your feedback and support. I really hope to create a successful Tecmo Bowl tournament for everyone and get to meet the Tecmo Bowl community at the expo!

P.S. I am also gathering information for NHL 94. We had a tournament last year, but the numbers were far less than expected. Just like Tecmo Bowl, I hope to gather information about the game and discuss with the organizers to add a NHL 94 tournament back into the expo and promote its inclusion in advertising, as well. Please message me if you have any information about NHL 94 or the appropriate forum to go to. Thanks.

There is a large following in NY for Tecmo Super Bowl. I think NHL 94 would be of interest to some people as well. I would contact David Thompson (DT) Brian Rausse (BadMoonRison) Erik Merliss (Arncoem) Ryan K. (hoigaard) and Louis B. (red) on here for information. All very good guys and great tournament organizers in NY and CT.

@DT. @red98sethuthut @arncoem @hoigaard @Bad Moon Rison

Edited by MattyD

2 minutes ago, MattyD said:

There is a large following in NY for Tecmo Super Bowl. I think NHL 94 would be of interest to some people as well. I would contact David Thompson (DT) Brian Rausse (BadMoonRison) Erik Merliss (Arncoem) and Louis B. (red) on here for information. All very good guys and great tournament organizers in NY and CT.

Thanks MattyD!!! I will reach out to the members you mentioned. Much appreciated!!! :-D

Thanks so much, Matty D. At the moment, I am currently talking to a couple of people you mentioned about how to set-up the tournaments. I should be able to talk to the organizers about holding Tecmo Bowl and NHL 94 tournaments next week depending on schedules. I will keep this forum posted on any changes to happen soon, including any new specifics that come up. 

26 minutes ago, banditra101801 said:

Thanks so much, Matty D. At the moment, I am currently talking to a couple of people you mentioned about how to set-up the tournaments. I should be able to talk to the organizers about holding Tecmo Bowl and NHL 94 tournaments next week depending on schedules. I will keep this forum posted on any changes to happen soon, including any new specifics that come up. 

Sounds good! Depending on what weekend and what goes on---I may make the trip to attend and play.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...