North Dakota - Burning Mort - The Tecmo Premier Experience

DrFrolf

On 4/22/2020 at 2:42 AM, manYo said:

Fear and loathing in las vegas 90s GIF on GIFER - by Redkiller

I could never explain myself in this climate. My blood must be to thick for North dakota. Someone bring some ether. Basic loss of motor skills would be interesting playing tecmo. I heard it makes u behave like a town drunkard from early irish town novel.

The CDC has recently published guidance for outdoor events. 

The Burning Mort Board of Directors is waiting for the recommendation on outdoor experiences. 

Please wait patiently. In the meantime, please seek @red98sethuthut for any motor skill numbing advice to prepare.

16 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

I'm not committed to saying I'm out yet. But my autoimmune compromised ass is definitely listed as "Doubtful" for this event unfortunately.

We're going to have a meeting of the minds shortly, but a "Postponed -- TBA" announcement is likely. Playing Russian Roulette with the most robust Tecmo players to walk the face of the earth seems foolish.

Who would the next generation look to for Tecmo experience guidance? How would beer hat supply chains survive? The list goes on.

• 1 month later...

The Conjurer is NOT pleased. In fact, this Covid debacle has put a crimp in his otherwise freewheeling lifestyle. 

By this point, it is pretty obvious, but Burning Mort is sitting out 2020. It's really a shame, because we were just thinking about getting together this week to start planning the damn thing. 

BM will be back in 2021.

Block off the whole goddamn year on your calendars.  

#eatshitorenga #dirtnaps #conjurersdreamland #fuckflo #russianhighkicks #conjurer4prez2020

It will truly be missed.  I feel like Griffey during the strike season.  I was just getting my feet planted into this thing.

@Beef Juice should send some sacrificial juice to the Conjurer to keep the Burning Mort temple flames a blaze.  Also that sweet aroma will bring joy. 

It will be missed but we all will be waiting with great excitement for next year.  

• Knobbe unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

In the before times, great warriors would gather in the Dakota plains and do battle in contests of great strength, both physically and mentally.

If you gaze out onto the horizon, they say you can see their spirits still, shitting on a makeshift toilet under some brush.

17 hours ago, DrFrolf said:

Whoa.

I tried to piece this forum puzzle together on the waybackmachine and I was missing lots of very crucial posts and information about the experience. 

I am eternally in debt. 

You should have dropped a line. I had it all just sitting in a briefcase in my office.

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Knobbe said:

You should have dropped a line. I had it all just sitting in a briefcase in my office.

image.jpeg

We knew/figured as much, but I'll let you and the audience answer this for yourselves:

Would you rather:

A.) Have a TV, NES and Tecmo prepped and ready for your gaming pleasure at a medium-to-dimly lit drinking establishment with $5 tall boys as soon as you walk in the joint ...or...

B.) Have a machete to hack through thorns, burning bush and spiderwebs through the course of 3 days with no water with just a map and a compass only to unearth a treasure chest with a mysteriously powered NES, TV, Tecmo, and keg of cold Good Ass Beer. 

I can tell you which choice team ND prefers. 

i am ready... i have studied the north dakota laws and put my lawyer on retainer... i watched every season of Fargo to get a sense for the people and the wildlife... i have hunted, trapped, skinned, and tanned several animals over the past year to create the gear i need to survive the winter, if necessary... i have stared into the eyes of a rabid raccoon for an uncomfortably long time... in short, i remain 1000% battle-ready for this event, and resolutely await the day a carrier pigeon flies thru my window with the gps coordinates.

16 hours ago, DrFrolf said:

B.) Have a machete to hack through thorns, burning bishes and spiderwebs through the course of 3 days with no water with just a map and a compass only to unearth a treasure chest with a mysteriously powered NES, TV, Tecmo, and keg of cold Good Ass Beer. 

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Burning Mort

The Premier Tecmo Experience of 2022

July 23, 2022

This will be a Tecmo experience like no other -- a completely outdoor extravaganza -- the fourth of its kind.

Burning Mort will be a Tribal (team) event, but forming a team will not be necessary. Your team will be chosen by the Tecmo Gods at the Burning Mort Experience. 

Friday, July 22 

Tecmo Social

Downtown Fargo 

Starts at Sometime at Night

Tecmo, drinks and shenanigans 

Meet and greet the Tecmo Greats

Saturday, July 23

Burning Mort

Leonard, North Dakota

(https://goo.gl/maps/GyKiTFQAW732)

Play starts at some point in the day

Play ends at some point in the day

Experience extends until dawn and ends only when you want it to

Cost will be $50. 

Included in the cost: Player's pack, Meat, All the Beer You Can Drink, Snacks, The Experience

• 2 months later...