North Dakota - Burning Mort - The Tecmo Premier Experience

DrFrolf

Wow, what an experience.  Thanks to the NoDak crew--what an event.  And the Conjurer was everything I knew he was--and more.  Thanks to the support staff and the band (?!?) that played--they were WAY too good to be out there for 20 guys.

Tribe Dot Don gave it a valiant effort, but came up short in the end.  We started fast, and fizzled late (kind of like my boozing).  The custom ROM and mirror tecmo did us in.  Although it was cool seeing myself catch a dump pass for the TD.  I've never seen a miracle, but D. Fuckin Murray taking a picked play RightA run for a TD in the mirror was straight up witchcraft.  Well done to the champs.

Great job to my Tribe (ARNCOEM, ESOrenga, & Leonardite), and great to see everyone else and hang in a great atmosphere.

2 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

I've never seen a miracle, but D. Fuckin Murray taking a picked play RightA run for a TD in the mirror was straight up witchcraft.

Two of the best TSB plays of my life happened in that round. At Tecmo XIV, not only will I be playing, I will be bringing a mirror to set it up in front of my TV every round. Pretty sure this is a guaranteed win.

Remember, as @sonofpatbeach said, at 8PM Burning Mort time, DFM takes over. #SecretWeapon

On 7/17/2017 at 8:53 AM, davefmurray said:

There's no greater feeling than destroying honorary guest Mort in Tetris, who you assumed would go full Rain Man on you...

Attach01-2.jpg

Must have been quite the experience to burn Mort at Burning Mort

Edited by Green Majik
oops

After this past weekend I finally am able to settle a lingering family dispute... that is when I'm  cremated afyer pass away my ashes will now be spread out at the Burning Mort site right where Mort's car was parked (Also where Josh was standing on the roof urinating on the windshield).  

This is my final request & please accompany the spreading of the ashes w the playing of conjurer's magic flute ! 

Edited by arncoem

1 hour ago, averagetsbplayer said:

I think Burning Mort was fun. I don't remember.

...and we have a winner.

I don't have many pictures or videos from the event.  The ones I do have have already surfaced.  I do want to throw out some very well-deserved thank you's in hosting the second iteration of Burning Mort...which is two more iterations than the world really needed to see.  Thanks to all of the North Dakota Tecmo group for taking time away from real life over the course of the last few months to put together ideas, props, idiocy for something that is most decidedly not real life.  Special thanks to Dr. Frolf - the amount of work he puts into this thing is just insane.  He takes it from shirtless camping trip to techno dance remixes and Disneyland maps.  Your work on Burning Mort cannot be understated or undersold.

Thanks to to the Conjurer and his assistant.  What was once a simple afterthought piece of Burning Mort quickly became the centerpiece and it's awesome.  We are all in their debt, for Tecmo and for life.

Thanks to Dave Murray and Brude for all the work they put in.  The custom ROMs were a huge hit, and Dave's constant work on the multimedia is fantastic.  I am still laughing at the Conjurer vs. Orenga scene on eatshitorenga.com right now.  Both coasts collaborating to hit a homerun in the Great Plains.  The Tecmo community is pretty rad.

Thank you to all of the competitors.  It is simply ridiculous that you would travel as far as you do for something so ridiculous, but we are glad you do.  There were 16 competitors, and 11 of which traveled.  It was a blast having each and every one of you there, and I had an uproariously good time with all of you.  My face hurt from laughing dozens of times that day, and the night before.  That was a righteous group of idiots that we put together.

At the end of the night, the Conjurer handed out awards.  These were entirely his picks:

Champions - Tribe Chet

MVP - Mort

Rookie of the Year - Segathon

Conjurer's Pet - sonofpatbeach

Finally, I figured I would throw in one inside joke memory about each participant that stands out to me:

Chet - Passing out around 1:30, and being threatened the next day to be added to the Burning Mort graveyard

Josh - Stocking my fridge with Bud Light and buffalo chicken burritos

Orenga - Getting pissed that we didn't throw BUF/NE in the beer helmet round to set the proper tone.  We blew that one.

Durch - Shedding his Gannonball Run shirt for the belly Badgers model.  Paperboy savant.

Segathon - Having Burning Mort written all over everything - car, flesh, shorts

Beef Juice - Ordered a Colt 45 40 to start the weekend and put that SOB on Twitter

arncoem- Made up a story to his wife, burned a thousand darts while he was free, and slept most of Sunday away with me (in a mostly non-gay way)

Dot Don - The chief of the coolest tribe there.  Must have ninja'd out way early before we could properly pay homage.

Mort - Put up with the drunken mess; declared Burning Mort to be the best time other than his sexual conquests

Lou - Slept in a van instead of the bare ground.  Sacrificed his Tupa Bowl shirt to the fire.

Murray - Tetris vs. Mort.  Ruthless domination.

Dr. Frolf - Somehow got a band with a giant mixing board, lights, and talent to perform in the woods

Barry - Asking the band, "So is the first time you've played a Burning Mort?"

Tucker - Pounded Chet in mirror Tecmo

Bryce - Contributed "Good Ass Beer" - three words that will live in Burning Mort infamy

Enjoy those gold pants, gentlemen. 

Edited by Leonardite

So mad/sad I missed this EXPERIENCE. 

Its like when your friends all go on an awesome, one of a kind trip and you can't make it cause a family member died. All the while you're just thinking about what you're missing out on. Good show fellas

1 hour ago, JimSocks13 said:

Its like when your friends all go on an awesome, one of a kind trip and you can't make it cause a family member died. All the while you're just thinking about what you're missing out on. Good show fellas

I 2nd this.  

I would definitely piss on a burning mort, no doubt.  no doubt in my mind.

whoops, I talked.

Uncle_Rico.thumb.jpg.f6313da582e85b3a27b8b248a16e4a84.jpg

Edited by buck

On 7/18/2017 at 11:50 PM, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

I really need to get out there. With Midwest and my daughter's birthday it's a tough squeeze with the fam

1 hour ago, JimSocks13 said:

12 minutes ago, buck said:

I 2nd this.  

I would definitely piss on a burning mort, no doubt.  no doubt in my mind.

There are unwavering commitments and sacrifices to be made. You must be one with The Conjurer. "Squeezes and deaths" do not please him.

Only through continued promise will you be added to the short, short tribal comrade register. Those selected from the register to attend must verse themselves in the Burning Mort annals, thereby guaranteeing that all comrades comprehend the experience.

great post @Leonardite I think @DrFrolf is the Elon Musk of Tecmo.

I am still not fully in this plane of existence yet.  

The Conjurer's gift of ROY has put enough magic around me that I have walked between worlds this week.  

Spaced out on a meeting yesterday at work and was driving through my neighborhood this morning see all the garabage cans out and thought to myself "wonder while they are putting out the garbage a day early"    BUT the weirdest thing is this picture of me and my siblings is starting to fade out

norm-4c4ec6fbd9a60-Back-To-The-Future-(1