North Dakota - Burning Mort - The Tecmo Premier Experience

DrFrolf

The conjurer was the MVP of the day for me. I'm having issues with my other pics, but will upload when I can.

Not a tremendous Tecmo tournament. A tremendous Tecmo Experience.

conjurer.png

Edited by sonofpatbeach

More pics.

Louis' first keg stand:

20160716_190807.jpg

It got weird:

20160717_025053.jpg

Really weird:

20160717_030835.jpg

I think the grand burning ceremony didn't commence until after 3 am. But it was worth it.

20160717_031855.jpg

This is (a) how the site looked the morning after, and (b) a great metaphor for how my insides felt today.

20160717_090923.jpg

Video link to the local news snippet here:

http://www.wday.com/sports/4075844-tecmo-bowl-players-host-tournament-woods#.V4w_T186x4I.twitter

There was a longer form story on the "Sports Sunday" program that aired after.  I'm trying to track down a copy or link.

The reporter is clearly fighting back laughter when he announces "playing outside in the middle of the woods in Leonard"

Also, stating that Burning Mort is taking Tecmo to the "next level" is like saying Gutenberg took books to the next level when he invented the printing press.

11 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Also, thanks to Josh for the additional SLU figures. They complement my collection nicely!

I had totally forgotten where those ended up.  Enjoy!

Also Dave, you can update your profile so that Tecmo Titles = 1. The most important title of them all.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

46 minutes ago, sonofpatbeach said:

I had totally forgotten where those ended up.  Enjoy!

Also Dave, you can update your profile so that Tecmo Titles = 1. The most important title of them all.

A conquest for the ages. Built on Slappies, the Conjurer's visions, and the Polish hockey team.

1 minute ago, Leonardite said:

A conquest for the ages. Built on Slappies, the Conjurer's visions, and the Polish hockey team.

It was weird. I was thinking to myself today, "I really do like the Polish, but I don't know why."

THEY BRING CHAMPIONSHIPS!

As the lowest and least of the mighty that partook this weekend, my final thoughts are the following. 

This weekend will no doubt track on a similar arc as the games Great Bo Jackson. Years from now many will talk of it as if they were there. Over time, the event that was Burning Mort will transcend into myth then legend. Like the man himself, only those who were in the company will know the full culmination of the events that took place. And like the Legend Bo Jackson, the Legend of Burning Mort will only grow. 

Had a great time.  You guys were awesome. 

9 hours ago, averagetsbplayer said:

@DrFrolf and @TecmoNoob - I thought we won. What happened?

9 hours ago, TecmoNoob said:

I'm telling everyone we did. 

To the members of the greatest Tribe to ever meander the Earth, @averagetsbplayer and @tecmonoob and myself, I say congratulations. 

For winning? I think so. 

For holding hands as a Tribe and praying to Mort? Absolutely. 

Currently psyching myself up to head out and grab the Mortapotty. Praying to Mort one more time as I type this. 

Great times were had. Ty to @Leonardite @DrFrolf Bryce + barry who were on my team. Ty for letting me crash at your spot Neil., and his friend Logan too and Joey.  @Bar I'll just list a log style of my experiences.....

Friday...get there around 9pm at the pre-game at Pounds..meet the guys, madison crew rocking nba jam. had a couple 40oz'ers, went to couple of bars....crashed at neil R....think i threw up....

saturday....woke up met up with madison crew so neil could set up the event better. Went some restaurant  got some tacos while @Qbbrowns was gambling on bingo...i was starving i forgot to eat the night b4..ate like a champ lol....

So me @son_of_pat_beach and Bailey set out to find the location of #BurningMort ( the actual gps coordinates )....we took a highway and couple of dirt roads....i remember seeing "end of pavement sign"...didn't have foggiest idea where i was and all 3 of us felt like we might be hunted later. We passed Neil on a 1-1way dirt road and saw bunch of tents in some soy field. Turned around and took cleared path into Burning Mort...

23opm ish We meet up with @averagetsbplayer his crew, and @ImFlo his gf who was cool ( they took  a camper from chicago ) and @TecmoNoob and the North Dakota Crew and local news reporter (who seemed puzzled as to why what were doing out in the middle of nowhere. i played a warm game, talk to people and the reporter while the kegs were getting tapped"

33o pmish Intro--- BurningMort begins with North dakota huddling in this white tent all whispering about random things. At this point i was looking for possible escape routes cuz felt like they were going to come out of tent with guns a blazing to hunt us, i also i thought mort was hiding in the tent. A bunch of light smoke came out of tent (it was funny). Then the crew came out with the "Conjurer". the Conjurer (pictures above) drafted the teams. You played in team concept round robin format. So 3 games a round. Tribesmen altered by qtr, then in 4th its spilt by the minutes. Then later he conjured each round in his own "Dakoatoan" Dialect. Then he "conjured" a Wicker literally from a drone out of the sky. Then used it torch the fire like the opening cermonies at the Olympics. Actually he almost put the Mighty Bombjack on fire accidently lol. This all had us rolling with laughter. 

The games i don't remeber to much. There was madatory keg stand round where every player not playing had to do a Keg stand. Also you had to keg stand if you skipped the half. Wisemen were doing it on purpose lol. Also the team captain's called there team face to face...you call any team u want but u can only use each team once the whole day....there were even and lopside matches....the "Conjurer" conjured a rule...if both tribal captains said the same team. They would play the pro-bowl and team selection went to the captain to touch the "Mort-o_Potty" 1st. This happened to me and flo. Both us called bears lol. Then just as i thought  things wouldn't get any crazier @DrFrolf busts out this "Burning Mort" theme song. It was the coolest thing ever. It was played on repeat nearly at all times in background. Thumbs up Sir.  

4pm 1st Rd  Session 1: Tribal Tecmo madison Rules

Session 2: Tale of Two Spirits  Dirty madison rules

Session 3: North Dakota Tribe Origin Story ( No Playbook Changes, Lurchees, )

Session 4: The Medicine Men ( Dirty madison rules  Most Medicated or Inebriated Tribal Member Plays Overtime (Decided by Other Team)

Session 5: Slappies  Dirty Madison Rules. The Conjurer "conjured" a specilazed slappies chair. I I barley avoided a safety in one of games to a well timed slap. Fun as hell.

Session 6: Tecmo Gods of Chance Now all day there has been some big item wrapped up. I was very curious what it was all day. Well it was a spinning wheel with all kinds of crazy diffrent genres of tecmo styles or rules. So my Team drawed a round Called "Up-Side DownEes Sit Like Gatzees". IE.. You have to balance yourself on the chair like @Joeygats does when he plays live while holding your controller upside down at all times. I could barely get my play in. I was running the wrong way countless time. Somehow we won that round. Lol there was another round where you had to call "passes the entire time" i forgot the other ones but man Everytime i spun the wheeel PLLLLLLZZZZZ NO MORE "Up-side DownEss sit Like Gatzzes"

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

@ImFlo was out of it had to call it a night. i don't know how the heck the championship game down a game of "ice hockey" lol. i have no idea how i agreed to it but lol it was fun. I've played this game plety of times with mort but i manned up the 3rd period. I let in like 7 goals or some shit.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up next the morning with a cut on left knee. No idea what led to the minor scrape. I look next to me the Conjurer is past out next to me lol. I did not make to far. hey NoOne died. I hanged out in fargo with neil R., Joey and his friend Logan ( who is the naked man on tecmo carrd on the piano). for few days. I liked the burgers at JLBurgers. P.s. @son_of_pat_beach I found ur Jerry Rice Coin and left with @Leonardite 's. Also i donated my Luggage and some old clothing to fargo due to me being an cheap bastard and my atm card pin code being locked. take that delta airlines

14 minutes ago, tecmoaz said:

The fact that those SLU's are out of their packages is giving me a minor heart episode. But I guess I'll take some deep breaths.

9yo me did not care about keeping toys in packages.

@red98sethuthut I don't think we agreed to playing Ice Hockey but my memory is a bit fuzzy as well, however, I do remember your goal playing. For as hammered as you were, your reflexes were mind boggling. Those 7 goals I scored should have easily been 20. But, you did take every shot from center ice...

Oh, Burning Mort. A few items to consider when talking about the Premier Tecmo Experience: 

1) Was the Grand Conjurer there, or was he merely a figment of our imaginations? 

conjurer conjurer.jpg

2) Did Lou (@red98sethuthut) ever leave? 

lou lou.jpg

3) Was it all just a dream? A metaphor? A grand conjuration?

•  
Edited by DrFrolf

You mind shall now be reduced to mush, with the Burning Mort Theme Song!

Download your copy today! Right below in the uploaded files section!

$100/download suggested donation.

Mort Theme Song.mp3

Edited by DrFrolf