North Dakota - Burning Mort - The Tecmo Premier Experience

DrFrolf

Rico, Wes, Heechy, et al... Would love to see you guys make the trip into the Burning Mort wilderness with us next weekend. Let us know how we can help with accommodations to make that happen. We need to lay the groundwork for future Burnings Mort.

Edited by Leonardite

9 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

The CoD is questionable for Saturday morning/early afternoon, probable for Saturday evening. He may get stuck working all day Friday, and catch up the next day.

Gotta have the CoD. If there was another willing Madison participant that could travel with/drive him, would that be beneficial?

Through all adversity, a teammate quitting, our shirts being off and the Ice Hockey tie breaker, two men stand alone.

@davefmurray & @Leonardite, your #BurningMort champs.

Also, Flo, but he got too drunk and quit before the final rounds.

Epic stories to be told and Judging pictures will be posted from the best Tecmo weekend of my life.

To be majorly continued...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is so much to say, and so many pictures/videos to show, to document what a great time Burning Mort was.  I'll provide a narrative recap of what all went down, and I hope everyone else chimes in with pics/videos to provide more detail.

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone that came from out of state to make this a success.  We had Buffalo, Chicago, Tampa, Wisconsin, and Minneapolis playing Tecmo, camping out, and having a raging party literally in the woods in the middle of a soybean field.  We tried to be cryptic with our messages as to what would occur, simply to keep bringing surprise after surprise throughout the weekend.  That you had the misguided faith to assume it would be worth your while is both flattering, and a huge blemish on your judgment.

To give everyone else a recap on exactly what went down, we had a "grove" of trees in the middle of a soybean field that has a great grass interior, and power and water already on-site.  There was ample room to camp, and to set up gaming stations, a big fire (complete with a giant pixelated Mighty Bombjack underneath to create a larger-than-life Burning Mort logo), and a central oasis with three kegs, a grill, snacks, etc.  We also had a "Grand Conjurer" - a mysterious shaman who made the whole event possible through his supernatural powers.

The Conjurer conjured up four tribes:  1) Louis, Barry A (Bob Nelson), and Bryce; 2) Flo, Dave Fucking Murray, and Leonardite; 3) Dr. Frolf, Orenga, and Tecmo Noob; and 4) Josh, Bailey, and Durch.  The tribes then battled through six game sessions, each in round robin format.  The game sessions are posted earlier in this thread.  The gaming literally lasted 12 hours because things degenerated into constant keg stands, but the weather was perfect and we were all staying there any way.  Why not play Tecmo all night?

I think everyone's favorite round was the last one - Tecmo Gods of Chance.  We had a giant wheel that the Conjurer spun, with corresponding game types that were all sorts of crazy.  Could only be an AFC team, no run plays, have to be a defensive lineman.  Have to play with the controller upside down and sit like Gats were two that come to mind that were conjured by the wheel.

It's probably only fitting that after 12 hours of Tecmo, at about 2:00 a.m., Tribe Flo and Tribe Lou were tied at the conclusion of all rounds.  Naturally, we settled Burning Mort the only it could be settled: Poland vs. Canada in ice hockey.  Being from a state that is basically Canada, I had an advantage and Murray and I were able to prevail and take home the Burning Mort trophy for our fallen chief.

The night ended with the burning of the Bombjack, as well as a garage sale of old Madison merchandise.  In the morning, the tribesmen were weary.  I hope all traveled home safely.

Unbelievable time, and thank you again to everyone.  We absolutely lucked out with the weather, and it was quite the party.  I am very interested to see everyone's interviews, and the news story that the local ABC affiliate put together.  I'll link to that as soon as it is available.

Edited by Leonardite