Fairfield, OH - 07/30/2016 - 2016 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (9th Annual)

vogtcd11

What: 2016 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (9th Annual)
When: Saturday, July 30, 2016
Where: Rick's Tavern & Grille, 5955 Boymel Drive, Fairfield, Ohio 45014
Buy-In: $35; includes a tournament T-shirt; prizes and giveaways
Registration is NOW OPEN on the bottom of the page at www.mwtecmo.com
Special Guest: Tecmo and Former Bengals star David Fulcher
Rules: http://mwtecmo.com/tournament-rules/
Format: http://mwtecmo.com/tournament-format
Live Stream: http://mwtecmo.com/watch/
Prizes: Top performers will take home cash and trophies

56f9b3bbaa67c_2016MidwestTecmoTournament

We will once again be holding a raffle that will include multiple neat items. All raffle proceeds will be donated to the David Fulcher Foundation for awareness and a cure of multiple sclerosis.

If you have any questions regarding Midwest Tecmo, please drop us an email at [email protected].

We look forward to another GREAT time in Greater Cincinnati!

Follow us on the Twitter: @MWTecmo | #MWTecmoIX

Edited by vogtcd11

• Knobbe pinned this topic
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, suicideking81 said:

Will there be a best of the best mini tournament this year?

We are still discussing this. We did not have a Best of the Best mini tournament last year. Odds are we will be adding other fun events during the tournament that ALL participants can, or at least consider, participating in.

16 minutes ago, brookstonfowler said:

i'm moving to indy in a couple weeks.  who's planing on going from that area?  and should we carpool?

I live in Indy, but I'm still up in the air about the tourney thus far.  I'm expecting my 2nd in June and need to see how the dust settles once she arrives.  Hoping that the Mrs. will be ok with it. :)  What brings you to Indy?  You lived here before?  You know where you'll be living yet?  Between Psycho & I, we can give you some insider info if you need it.

21 hours ago, lightninglarry said:

and im back to being the only carolina player

meat is still here in fuquay-varina i believe...although he doesn't play online.  not sure if he goes to tourneys either.  it was a tough decision, but felt like the right thing to do.  @bradbears81 i have in-laws in carmel and crawfordsville, and i'll be staying in carmel with them until the fam follows in june.  i'll be doing some house hunting during that time, but any insider info you want to give would be helpful i'm sure.  i will be working downtown zionsville, and i want to live no further than 20 mins away if possible.

16 hours ago, brookstonfowler said:

meat is still here in fuquay-varina i believe...although he doesn't play online.  not sure if he goes to tourneys either.  it was a tough decision, but felt like the right thing to do.  @bradbears81 i have in-laws in carmel and crawfordsville, and i'll be staying in carmel with them until the fam follows in june.  i'll be doing some house hunting during that time, but any insider info you want to give would be helpful i'm sure.  i will be working downtown zionsville, and i want to live no further than 20 mins away if possible.

If you're working in Zionsville, you're rather close to the "north side" of Indy.  I live on the west side in Plainfield/Avon area and absolutely LOVE it.  Homes are much more reasonably priced than Zionsville/north side area and the schools are just as good if not better than that area.  Especially in Plainfield, it's much more smaller town "feel" than anything up north.  Just FYI, Plainfield/Avon is about a 25 min drive, maybe a bit longer if traffic is bad during rush hour.  

Now, Carmel/Fishers area is a solid place to live as well.  Good communities, but you'll definitely be paying the price to live there depending on your budget.  Plus, traffic is ALWAYS horrible in that area because of residents, shopping, restaurants, etc. that are all in that general area.  I personally think the area is slightly overvalued in regards to property and other amenities, but again, it's all about personal preference.  Long story short, if you're more of a "white collar family" then living up north would suit you better.  More middle class (upper blue colar/lower white colar) communities will be on the west side in Hendricks County.  If you want to continue to chat or get information, PM me and I can give you my cell number, we can talk more in length.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2016 at 2:33 PM, brookstonfowler said:

aight, signed up officially for this shindig!  i assume there's still space...i didn't see a list of participants anywhere.

Good deal! Looking forward to hanging with you. We will be updating the list of participants on the website beginning in May.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 10:41 PM, Nameless Loser said:

Sorry for being a noob - from what red98 pointed out, I assume people congregate at Rick's for some night-before Tecmo - any "official" 8) tournament motels or does everybody just find something that is cheap?

The hotel action tends to be sporadic the night before. But a small amount of us typically try and get together late Friday evening at my house to clash on the 8-bit gridiron.

Let me list the hotels nearest to Rick's Tavern, the tourney site. They are all within a 5-minute walk:

1.) Extended Stay America

9651 Seward Rd, Fairfield, OH 45014

2.) Holiday Inn Express
6755 Fairfield Business Center Dr, Fairfield, OH 45014

3.) InTown Suites
6785 Fairfield Business Center Dr, Fairfield, OH 45014

4.) Value Place
6725 Fairfield Business Center Dr, Fairfield, OH 45014

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WANTED-CharityBountiesWeb.png

Right now it doesn't look like I'll be in Fairfield early enough for you to rack up bounties on me the night before. However, the above schedule applies to all tournament games, all warm-up games, all mid-tournament side games, and all after-tournament action. Please come up and ask me to play. I'll won't be rolling over though - you'll have to bring your A-game to get some money for charity. I'd love it if you could help me cut a $500+ check. Proceeds will go to a Charity Navigator approved or other well-known MS nonprofit.

Congrats to M.Diaz, it was a long time coming! Im extremely happy for you. Been a great friend to me for a long time, but even better person as a whole. This win was a labor of true love for tecmo by simply one of best people you could ever meet. Wish I could have been there to see it! 

4 hours ago, Ryan11p said:

Congrats to M.Diaz, it was a long time coming! Im extremely happy for you. Been a great friend to me for a long time, but even better person as a whole. This win was a labor of true love for tecmo by simply one of best people you could ever meet. Wish I could have been there to see it! 

Far too kind, sir! Thank you. You were certainly missed. Once I recover from the emotional roller coaster I'll have to pay my respects to all those I owe thanks. Still doesn't feel real.