Leif Powers'/Nameless Loser's FAQ updated

Well, it was about time, 13 years later.

Note that these FAQs are in the public domain now, which I had meant to do about 10 years back but never followed up on. RodWoodson, you want to shove these in the downloads directory? Up to you on how to handle. My goal would be to have others either further correct, or rip the useful/relevant pieces out and put in their own take (which I find to be more effective if you have a focus area). Obviously I do not visit forums or update frequently enough. ^_^

Changes include:

- Updated with a pile of info I researched/updated/wrote while preparing for Madison XII, particularly regarding no-lurch games

- Fixed Passing Accuracy, Quickness, AKB, other errors (some of them may still exist)

Enjoy!

tecmofaq601.txt

tecmofaq602.txt

Perfect timing because I use the GameFAQs version of your FAQs when I create players in TSB3. I see you've changed some of the rankings, but in the SNES version if quickness and pass accuracy actually mean something then following your NES TSB FAQ isn't going to help me :)

Thanks, BTW, for writing the FAQ and eventually splitting it into two parts. I've probably been reading variations of them for over 15 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Knobbe pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

For the following reasons:

- I promised people I would update this in the next month

- I added and moved a bunch of stuff around and am now scared of computer crash

- I needed to consolidate a bunch of notes

- I know having a brief tournament-specific doc would be helpful

please find below the updated FAQs. Note: the formatting on some of them is awful because they came from a number of different applications I was using to type them up.

As previously noted feel free to make suggestions. I'm thinking I might cut some raw, amateur videos next 8O

tecmofaq610.txt

tecmofaq611.txt

tecmofaq612.txt

• 2 months later...

This update should be the last for a little while. I cleaned up a lot of formatting and did some deduplication IIRC, so this is more suitable for printing or alternative publishing.

tecmofaq620.txt

tecmofaq621.txt

tecmofaq622.txt

Edited by Nameless Loser
80 character fixes

• 3 years later...

I was surprised at how long it had been since I actually uploaded fixes. That whole life getting in the way problem. Sorry about that. Remember this is public domain, edit it as you see fit.

Please find attached. Of note, you will find an expanded tournament even-matchup list with more options, and in particular those of you that aren't playing in every tournament (and from my experience, even some of you that are) should get some help from the expanded coverage of R&S Flare C, R&S Z Fly, Shotgun X Curl, Shotgun X Drive, and Redgun Z Slant. You are free to curse me for any use of offscreen mismatches by your opponents.

Feel free to criticize me for it being even more massive and needing edits. I also didn't have as much chance as I would like to expand the coverage of out-tap technique but there are some additions to try.

Enjoy turkey day

tecmofaq632.txt tecmofaq630.txt tecmofaq631.txt

Edited by Nameless Loser
Stupidly had not updated version numbers or dates

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2002 at 4:01 PM, Nameless Loser said:

I have played with these guys a lot (just finished a MAN season with them recently) and here are my observations:

1. Rison BLOWS. He almost never goes up for the jump ball, no matter where it is. He allows the D to pick off the ball if he and a DB are waiting on the X. He has some definite fumblitis (fumbled away my Super Bowl). He _looks_ like a good receiver, but he really sucks. He is a decent RB and an OK PR though...

You had some weird thoughts back in the day.