Sign in to follow this  
hoffnasty9

HSTL S35 AFC Divisional Round: Seahawks (Gonick) @ Browns (Jfagundes)

Recap of the game:

The Seahawks travelled to the dog pound for another playoff test for Cleveland fans.  The HSTL history shows them as 0-6 in the modern HSTL era, the fans are hungry like dogs for some playoff success.

Good things going Cleveland's way would start with winning the toss.  Seattle would move the ball a little, but some "good feelings" for when run3 or pass1/3 were coming helped stall the drive.  These two coaches have a lot of experience against eachother from the sidelines (Gonicks bounced me from both my live tournies expierences :) ).  The drive would eventually stall after a called shot and a drone Millard sack forced 4th and long forcing the punt.

Herschel Walker got the game going, but it was really more of the KC OL.  They hounded Seattle's user defender and most of the DL for the game.  Walker was able to get a long first run into Seattle territory after some great drone blocking.  The Browns would get stuck in the redzone at 4th and 4.  Not wanting to risk it they brought out Petey for the 3-0 lead.  Seahawks get moving a little bit towards midfield when the biggest break of them all came down.  Another called play, Simms throws it too long to his WR, Frank Minnifield (yah the OG Brown!) slide ints the pass to set Cleveland up nicely. Walker scores the games first touchdown a couple plays later 10-0.  The half would end with Simms trying to find Clayton with a score but Joey Browner steals it to save the lead.  Mitchell is unsucessful in his end of the half jj.

Browns get into my favorite "blow it situation" in tecmo.  Up more than 1 score and starting with the ball (I have lost more of these games than the average Joe).  This game felt different though, and the Browns went to work.  Walker and Mitchell get the boys down to their own 45 when the drive faces its critical moment.  Called shot on 2nd and long, Walker just runs backwards to set up the ball at the exact 30 yardline....you know what that means, JJ chart!!! So at the 30, check mitchell's speed (up 1 notch), check the AC's speed, find the yard line I need to be at on the JJ chart....str8back to the 2yard line, halfway to hash and throw.  Works like a charm, AC TD right giving Cleveland the big lead 17-0.  Seattle maybe has their own chart? Or just the feel we all naturally have with JJs and Clayton hits one instantly back on Cleveland 17-7.  The momentum would swing in Seattle favor as they forced a quick 4th and long and Cleveland's punting.  

Seattle would only need 2 plays and they were right inside the Browns 5 yardline early in the 4th.  The defense would tighten up though with a called shot on 1st down, inc on 2nd, then called again on 3rd down....the quick pass its Browner with the diving int this time.  Cleveland would look to waste the clock, knowing this Seattle gambled with a blitz....AC ended up uncovered and set the Browns up for another Hershel TD.  The game would end with one of the legends, Junior Seau getting a called shot drone sack.

SEAHAWKS1 - 7

1986-1991-browns.jpg.d951f38ebbd9c7c76a6 - 24

The HSTL Browns have won their first playoff game in the modern era!! The Fans are going crazy in Cleveland. GG Derek, thx for playing...Browns road a wave of good play calling and a bad day for Simms to win a playoff game finally.  

11 hours ago, Jfagundes04 said:

Seahawks get moving a little bit towards midfield when the biggest break of them all came down.  Another called play, Simms throws it too long to his WR, Frank Minnifield (yah the OG Brown!) slide ints the pass to set Cleveland up nicely. Walker scores the games first touchdown a couple plays later 10-0.

Actually it wasn't a called play and Simms didn't throw long-- he threw short to the stationary WR on pass2, but a moment too soon and the drone Minnifield made an insane diving play!!  Probably one of the better drone INT's I've ever seen, especially for an average DB.

This conversation actually is getting pretty funny. Why call someone out who's actually doing something to improve their game? Most of us (myself included) seem to be pretty lazy and prefer to complain than get better. I guess it's better than if he had improved his tapping though. Anyway, gg Jfag, glrw.

Its a Joe original...... a chart I've been working on since last summer when work was actually slow. a 3x5 card with wr ms, qb ms and play starting yard line. Some times it makes u underthrow it for the fuck of it and ints happen or drives die....its still a lot in the tecmo gods hands....but if its one of the games they are letting it fly with no random short passes or long throws, its really accurate.

yes i remembered the Minnifield pick wrong, was so shocked by it happening :), couldnt recall the exact setup

never heard of a jj chart. sounds like something i would never need or use cause i play my game according to feel. but far as a problem with it nope cause at madison u can have paper with anything u want written on it

congrats for taking the time to improve your game

5 hours ago, gonickmontana said:

This conversation actually is getting pretty funny. Why call someone out who's actually doing something to improve their game? Most of us (myself included) seem to be pretty lazy and prefer to complain than get better. I guess it's better than if he had improved his tapping though. Anyway, gg Jfag, glrw.

I wasn't calling him out, I never thought of a JJ chart and I think it's a great idea if it works!

On a tangent, GoNick have you ever won HSTL?  If not I have to say you're probably the best player not to win it.

35 minutes ago, rmm1976 said:

I wasn't calling him out, I never thought of a JJ chart and I think it's a great idea if it works!

On a tangent, GoNick have you ever won HSTL?  If not I have to say you're probably the best player not to win it.

Nope! Thanks for rubbing it in Rob!