RB2 Centric Playbook

I was interested in knowing if anyone has tried to play with a RB2 centric playbook man vs man. I obviously switched Thomas to the two spot to give him the heavy load. Thomas is excluded from Pass 1 and Pass 3. Run 3 is a great iso-play that leaves a ton of space, but it's susceptible to be broken up on the hand off. However, Pass 4 is a great little play, it can keep the D honest on the Run 3.

What do you think? Yay or nay for competitive play?

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 1.40.19 PM.png

It's close IMO, but that run3 just isn't good enough for that slot. Two of the best runs in the game are in that run3 slot, and I've included one of them below. I've also included the run2 to disguise the run3, and there's a nice pass4 that works well with it also. Keep in mind that run2 won't disguise run3 if your two RBs have the opposite pixelated pigmentation (white guy and a black guy).

I chose the run and shoot pass1 only because it's the best play in that slot. If you really wanted to disguise the play, you could pick the play-action I-formation pass instead. I've seen that done somewhat effectively.

RB2Playbook.PNG

Edited by vikingmoe02

I've never tried that R3. I'll def do some testing with it. I'm not sold on your R2 at face value, but you're way more qualified than I. I just think someone could squat on the best DL or LB for all three plays (R2, R3, P4). Thanks for your analysis, I saw your matchup with Daboy on Youtube. Pretty epic game, and epic win.

A lot of people do utilize the Off I. A powerful LB4 is going to blow it up so running this against a team like Houston or the Rams isn't great. I'm pretty sure you can blow up both those 1 back runs with a good LB 4 as well.

I honestly haven't used that motion run 3 in a while so I can't tell you if that would be successful though I think it's fairly slow developing and you need to be able to outtap someone since there won't be blockers. Typically you'll see the one back run 3 that VikingMoe posted.  You could go T formation for run two and then throw a T formation pass in either slot 1 or 3. I've also had success with the off-I run fake in pass 1 because your top WR is going long and your running back and full back are both going to the middle. Assuming someone doesn't bite on the fake and/or just sack you, your fullback in the middle is just looking to kill someone so a lot of times when people go to defend that running back they get locked up on what is a high HP fullback.

1 hour ago, TecmoSouth said:

I've never tried that R3. I'll def do some testing with it. I'm not sold on your R2 at face value, but you're way more qualified than I. I just think someone could squat on the best DL or LB for all three plays (R2, R3, P4). Thanks for your analysis, I saw your matchup with Daboy on Youtube. Pretty epic game, and epic win.

The run2 I picked just goes with the playbook and it's a good isolation run. You can pick whatever you want with that run really, because it won't get used (or picked) much since it features your 2nd (typically inferior) RB.

I-form can be really effective vs those who don't know how to stop it.

Knobbe is correct, though. This formation is easily stopped by a fast LB4 (bottom), but can also be effectively stopped by a fast LB1 (top) and/or DB1 (top corner).