Reggie Bush mentions Tecmo Bowl and others NFL players!

fro30

Reggie Bush will be one of the Sois Bowl dedicatee's.

I still owe Jerry Porter a bowl because of his public acknowledgement of Tecmo.

Knobbe, maybe you should save all of these. Make a "Tecmo Respect" page and have a list of all of the people (and what they said) who have given Tecmo kudos.

Dear Mr. Portis,

I recently read your interview with IGN about sports video games. After reading that article, I was stunned to see the extensive amount of knowledge you had of Tecmo Super Bowl.

Tecmo Super Bowl has grown immensely since the days of our youth back in 1991. Back then, you had the ability to use dominating players like Mr. Montana and Mr. Givins, as you mentioned. But now we have the ability to use today's players in games today, replacing such greats like Montana with Manning. It has provided the game with new life and new interest.

Due to the growth of online gaming, there are a number of us who still play the game regularly online, with the great players of today, such as yourself. It is a thriving community, like one you might encounter on any Online Poker board, only that what brings us together are the same childhood joys you had playing Tecmo Super Bowl. We have even gotten to the point where we have formed entire self-contained leagues around the game, both with players of old and new, many of the franchise features you would find in the modern football games of today.

Mr. Portis, we are writing to ask you to join and participate in one of our leagues. We are aware that you have a busy offseason, but if you were able to spend some time out of your busy schedule and relax with us, even if only for one online season, we would consider it an honor.

Enclosed is a packet of information about the game and leagues we have to offer.

We hope that you will join us and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

The Tecmo Repository

Ronnie Lott is a fag. He is dead to me.

You're deader to me.

Say another ill-word about Ronnie Lott and you'll be dead to everyone, if you get my drift.

What this post basically boils down to is that Lott is God. And His Word is The Word.

Ronnie Lott is a fag. He is dead to me.

You're deader to me.

Say another ill-word about Ronnie Lott and you'll be dead to everyone, if you get my drift.

What this post basically boils down to is that Lott is God. And His Word is The Word.

Tecmo > Lott

I think Tecmo needs to offer something unique in order to get the license from the NFL. The NFL probably doesn't have a hard cap on the number of licenses and I'm sure they charge money for the licenses. You'd think that'd they'd want to sell as many as possible, but I would bet they are afraid of inferrior products or oversaturation.

What niche isn't being filled out there that can be filled by Tecmo? I don't play other football games, so I don't know. Does anyone have an online football game yet? They could release "Tecmo Bowl" generations with every old version of the game on one cd/cartridge with the current NFL year and editable players. People would probably buy this for years.

I have several ideas:

- We see players all the time commenting on playing Tecmo Bowl. Maybe if we could get some actual NFL players to send messages to the NFLPA, we would have a whole lot more pull. The NFLPA ( http://www.nflplayers.com/ ) has a website where you could e-mail every player in the NFL. The people to target are NFLPA reps for each team, and players like Jerry Porter. All Jerry Porter does it play football, eat, sleep, and play Tecmo Bowl. He's mentioned it every one of his diaries.

http://www.raiders.com/Home/Press_Room/ ... orter.html

- A "Bring back Tecmo Bowl" website could be started. Since there are so many journalist and game sites that put up articles about Tecmo Bowl, I'm sure that finding support would only be a matter of time.

I plugged these into the wayback machine and it found the articles. Jerry Porter is awesome. Did anyone ever hear back from him?

Maybe we could make a hack and send him a 2006 cartridge with him all 94's. He would like it.

• 3 weeks later...