Minnesota Monthly Meetup: Tecmo Super Bowl

8-bit

I'm looking to get a few guys together once a month to play some Tecmo Super Bowl. I'm thinking the last Saturday of each month, but this may change based on players availability. If you're interested please PM me or post below. Thanks!

Update:

Saturday, April 30th will be the first meetup. Venue and time TBD

Edited by 8-bit

Same here! I am up for getting my game on.  I think we should just throw out a monthly date and if enough people can make it we roll with it and if not we skip it.  I think we should also do a Millard's Mayhem II: Drugs = Cop Destroyer, mid July or early August before the kids go back to school.  I can help set up and I am sure a couple of you guys here could help as well so that Tom (8Bit) doesnt have to set everything else himself.  I looked at the Tecmo Madison page there is almost a 100 people from just Minnesota who have participated in those tournaments so I am sure we could get a good turnout.  

Whoa! Lots of interest :) This is good news.

The chatterbox in Highland Park shutdown unfortunately. I'm looking for a new spot at the moment. I have a friend with a house that offered we can do something there, otherwise, BDubs in Apple Valley would be cool with us playing there. I'm open to other ideas as well.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, 8-bit said:

Whoa! Lots of interest :) This is good news.

The chatterbox in Highland Park shutdown unfortunately. I'm looking for a new spot at the moment. I have a friend with a house that offered we can do something there, otherwise, BDubs in Apple Valley would be cool with us playing there. I'm open to other ideas as well.

The chatterbox shut down??! That sucks.

The Millard's Mayhem at BDubs worked out really well IMO. There was a good amount of space in that room they sectioned off for us.

Thanks for pulling this together!

15 hours ago, SammieSmith33 said:

Where in Iowa?  How far from Minneapolis

Nearly the same distance as it is to Tundra Bowl in Green Bay: 250-275 miles. About 4 1/2 hours. Iowa should be a fun tourney, I would highly recommend it. It's going to be put on by a good group of guys.

Edited by RetroNathan

If the Iowa Tourney is held just north of Des Moines, then Minneapolis is only about a 4 hour drive.  Granted Minneapolis is a big city to navigate around just to get out though.  I used to live in Fort Dodge and it was only about 3 hour and 15 minutes up there to Minneapolis for concerts.  

Had a last minute trip to the twin cities for work.  Anyone interested in sneaking away this evening at a sports bar for tecmo?    Last minute I know.  Thought I would just check.

Edited by Darth RockMan

28 minutes ago, SammieSmith33 said:

Are you the same guys who do the Tomzack Bowl????

I personally have no affiliation with the Iowa Tecmo tournament. I run the Tundra Bowl in Green Bay at the beginning of each calendar year.

No, the Tomczak Bowl and Iowa Tecmo are two separate tournaments that are three to four months (roughly) apart from each other, run by separate people.