TECMO COLUMBUS: TUPA BOWL II

WHEN: Saturday, May 14th, 2016

Registration - 10:00am             Opening Festivities - 10:30am

WHERE: Grandad's Pizza and Pub       4093 Trueman Blvd Hilliard, OH 43026

ENTRY FEE: $20 via PayPal or at the door
HOW TO ENTER:  Email [email protected] with a list of:
Name (and nickname if you'd like)

Hometown                      

Equipment you can bring (TVs, NES, Tecmo Cartridges, Controllers)

T-Shirt Size

Also Register at          TecmoColumbus.com       

(The first 32 that register are automatically entered in the main tournament)

TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
Group Play -  Four 8-man double-elimination tournaments (group play) will be put together and seeded 1-8 by the tournament directors.

Tournament Play -   The eight competitors that lose their first two matches in group play will be put in an 8-man single-elimination bracket (Bronze Bracket)

The 16 competitors that do not begin the day 0-2, but lose two matches in group play will be placed in a single-elimination bracket, based on when they are eliminated from their groups. (Silver Bracket)

The 8 competitors that do not lose twice in group play (3-0 record and either a 3-1 or 4-1 record) will advance to an 8-man double elimination bracket (Gold Bracket)

PARTICIPANTS: (MAX 32)

1. Kevin C. (KevinCabarello) - Columbus, OH        PAID       6 TVs, 4 Systems

2. David T. (DT) - Buffalo, NY

3. Ryan S. (ryan11p) - Hobart, IN

4. Matt D. (Ol' Dirty Tecmo) - Lebanon, OH    PAID       2 TSB Copies      

5. Chris H. (tecmo_ninja) - Streetsboro, OH     PAID    1 TV

6. Nate B. (NateDog) - Columbus, OH     PAID

7. Gavin K. - Columbus, OH           PAID      

8. Phil C. - Columbus, OH              PAID     

9. Louis B. (red98sethuthut) - Cheektowaga, NY   2 Systems

10. Jordan W. (Woodshed) - Jackson, OH           PAID                   2 TVs, 2 Systems

11. Jimmy P. (JimSocks) - Oak Hill, OH              PAID

12. Bryan F. - Indianapolis, IN     PAID

13. Shane B. - Hilliard, OH     PAID      

14. Jeff L. (Kilroy) - Columbus, OH       PAID     

15. Rex M. - Columbus, OH      PAID      

16. Brian L. - Columbus, OH     PAID     

17. Brian P. - Canton, OH        PAID                   1 TV, 1 System    

18. Scott V - Columbus, OH        

19. Bill S. (QB Browns8) - Columbus, OH

20. Josh M. - Columbus, OH

21. Chris B. - Columbus, OH     PAID        2 TVs, 2 Systems

22. Francis B. (mort1237) - Maywood, IL    PAID

23. Matt M. (ones11fahzu) - Mishawaka, IN    PAID

24. Scott G. - Blacklick, OH    PAID

25. Roger D. - Columbus, OH    PAID

26. Jon M. - Columbus, OH     PAID

27. J. Rivera - Columbus, OH

PRIZES: 1st Place $300

2nd Place $150

3rd Place $75

4th Place $50

Silver Bracket Champion $75

Silver Bracket 2nd Place  $25

Bronze Bracket Champion $25

RAFFLE PRIZES:  About half-way through the tournament, we will be raffling off some fun items. Raffle ticket pricing is $1/1, $5,6, $10/15, and $20/35.

The prizes will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. Some of the prizes are (pictures to come):

Super Bowl XXV T-shirt

Super Bowl XXV Glass Beer Mug

Ickey Woods "Every Day I'm Shufflin" T-Shirt

Cleveland Browns Bernie Kosar Jersey

Jim Kelly Autographed Football

David Fulcher Bobblehead

Cincinnati Bengals Ickey Woods Jersey

Tecmo Super Bowl (Famicom Complete In Box)
"Living on the Edge" Hardback Book (commonly referred to as, 'The Book of LT'

Super Bowl XXV Hat

RULES:

1. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (b) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.
2. “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Cardinals-Falcons, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
4. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
5. No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).
6. Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Take care of the bar staff!

To aid in the smoothness and flow of the tournament, it is greatly appreciated when NES consoles, controllers, CRT TVs, adapters, etc. are provided. If you can help out in this way, please e-mail me at [email protected] I will list what you are bringing in the participants list above. If you don't see your name on the participants list and have paid, contact me; I am busy, but try not to be negligent.

Edited by kevincabarello

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What up Tecmo Community. I just want to put it out there that this COULD be my last Tournament outside of of the PNW. We are moving back to Seattle at the end of June. Might I fly out for a big tourney someday? Sure, but who knows what the future holds. So its the last chance to battle it up with your boy. I suppose this message is really just aimed at a bunch of fools who already signed up here but have not paid, giving them some wiggle room. But Ryan, Matt D, Matt V, and Chris.... y'all better get your asses to middle of Ohio. And anyone else East of the Mississippi who wants a piece. Get some.

I'm down for some Friday Night Shenanigans as well. Let's make a weekend out of it fellas.

8 hours ago, DT. said:

I'm down for some Friday Night Shenanigans as well. Let's make a weekend out of it fellas.

We will definitely have some Friday pre-tournament shenanigans going on. It might be at the tourney site (since I'll probably be working there that evening), or if people want to, Columbus has six Barcades that are within a 15 minute drive of the venue. I will put up some hotel info soon.