Madison Madness!

gripsmoke

Hey everyone, after talking to a few peeps figuring out logistics, I'm letting y'all know there will be Madison Madness this year, and I have volunteered to run it.

The basics

• The bracket will consist of the Sweet 16
  • Entry is free, one entry per person
  • A URL to fill out a bracket will be announced and displayed once the bracket is confirmed and I've updated the settings.
    • You will be required to provide some information, probably your tecmo name / email address to register and fill in
    • Only one bracket per registrant you fucking cheaters
  • Once the Sweet 16 starts, the website will lock new entries and convert into a scoreboard style website.
    • As games are played and winners advance, I will update the website to indicate the advancements, and the scoreboard will also update.
    • After the final game, the scoreboard will show who won the bracket, and that person will win some swag
  • Swag to be provided by nice people donating to the cause.
  • The URL will be mobile-friendly for the most part, as long as you have a non-shitty phone. iPhones, Androids, maybe even Windows phone who knows. Blackberrys and flip phones can GTFO. Find a laptop or borrow someone else's phone.
    • You may not borrow my phone.
  • The URL will not be announced until the Sweet 16 is announced, so don't ask me for it ahead of time.

Edit 1:  You will probably need to be AT the event when the tournament is over to collect the prize. Shipping the prize probably won't happen.

Edit 2:  Due to logistics and my programming laziness, you will not be able to fill out the winner's bracket and loser's bracket simultaneously. You must fill out the winner's bracket, then you can click a button to go to the loser's bracket. You will not be able to go back to the winner's bracket after pushing the button. Ditto with not being able to edit the loser's bracket once you push the button to pick the champion.

On 2/15/2016 at 1:51 PM, gripsmoke said:

Hey everyone, after talking to a few peeps figuring out logistics, I'm letting y'all know there will be Madison Madness this year, and I have volunteered to run it.

• The URL will not be announced until the Sweet 16 is announced, so don't ask me for it ahead of time.

Edit 1:  You will probably need to be AT the event when the tournament is over to collect the prize. Shipping the prize probably won't happen.

Edit 2:  Due to logistics and my programming laziness, you will not be able to fill out the winner's bracket and loser's bracket simultaneously. You must fill out the winner's bracket, then you can click a button to go to the loser's bracket. You will not be able to go back to the winner's bracket after pushing the button. Ditto with not being able to edit the loser's bracket once you push the button to pick the champion.

Grip, this URL will be mobile friendly correct?  Would hate to run back to to the hotel concierge room to log onto to the internet to fill this out.

3 minutes ago, noonan said:

Grip, this URL will be mobile friendly correct?  Would hate to run back to to the hotel concierge room to log onto to the internet to fill this out.

Oh, yeah. Totally mobile responsive. WORDDD

2 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Oh, yeah. Totally mobile responsive. WORDDD

Excellent, can't wait until the Sweet 16 is announced then 200 people within the BadgerBowl go online, flood all networks and shut down the twitch feed.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, noonan said:

Excellent, can't wait until the Sweet 16 is announced then 200 people within the BadgerBowl go online, flood all networks and shut down the twitch feed.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that was my thought.  Plus, with free entries, there will be tons of people on it.  If it were to be a pay pool, it would limit the amount of individuals in it, and increase the prize.

Hey all, just an fyi: this didn't happen because I didn't ask the right questions in learning how exactly the sweet 16 & elite 8 would function. I found out during the tournament that there was a potential for the elite 8 to be reseeded instead of being fixed as "game A loser vs game B loser" format. My program wasn't built to allow for that, so we nixed the contest. It turns out that it wasn't reseeded after all, but by then it was already underway.

I lost a lot of hours making it, but I have a bit more functionality created for custom brackets, so if in the future there's a desire to institute a website version instead of printed version of a bracket-style tournament, PM me for details and I could possibly package up the code for reuse.