All time rom

zombo

Hey guys, just curious to know if anyone has ever attempted to edit NES Tecmo Super Bowl in such a way that every team would have their best players to ever play each position. (Offense and defense). In effect each team in the ROM would be the franchises All time team. Thank you

Okay thank you Baron. I think I will try Convergence 3.0.

I never have really done much rom editing/hacking myself except maybe change a stat here or there for an individual player but if I were going to try to add a classic player to a team, like say Walter Payton to the Bears for example.  How would I get his real life stats (in his prime) and how would I convert the real life stats into TSB stats? Thank you

1 hour ago, zombo said:

Okay thank you Baron. I think I will try Convergence 3.0.

I never have really done much rom editing/hacking myself except maybe change a stat here or there for an individual player but if I were going to try to add a classic player to a team, like say Walter Payton to the Bears for example.  How would I get his real life stats (in his prime) and how would I convert the real life stats into TSB stats? Thank you

Walter Payton is featured on the '85 Bears in Convergence.  To determine ratings, I used Pro-Football-Reference.com for stats and then note his AV score for the '85 season.  I then went and developed a ratings chart based on the AV score and adjusted it per player need.

Within a month, I should have a greatest players ROM released as it's in my queue right now.  My queue consists of:

FIFA Brazil 2014 (originally J.League Winning Goal Soccer)

RBI Baseball 2016 Spring Training (to be later modified as RBI Baseball 2016)

Legends of Tecmo Super Bowl

Edited by Baron von Lector

Ok thank you Baron.  I appreciate your replies and will be looking forward to Legends of Tecmo Super bowl. Also thank you Buck for posting that link to Tecmo Super bowl unrivaled.  it makes me wish I still had my old nes.  Unrivaled must be very popular because it says it's sold out.

• 7 months later...

the unrivaled juice is extremely high.  the guy who made the game and juiced it up was neck deep in TSB at the time - and was trying to make a TSB game that was as tough as playing a very good human opponent.

if there is ever another run of unrivaled in the future, the juice will be dialed back a bit, I presume.

1 hour ago, Kennya said:

Anybody know the "juice" rating/breakdown of unrivaled? It's so much faster than standard tecmo, even in preaseason mode.

Thanks. I just started playing again 7 weeks ago after a 15-20 year hiatus. I'm a solo player so CPU is my only opponent.  I've finally gotten the rust out and playing decent again. Although I can handle only about a +11 Juice right now, those games being competitive and down to the wire. Anything higher I'm on the short end. Unrivaled is a lot of fun. Very rarely I'll blow someone out, most wins are very close, and a lot of losses I'm smoked lol. Any ballpark where unrivaled sits on the 0-16 juice chart?

the juice is customized, so the values are not the same as the usual 0-16 juice chart.

Def Speed    Off Speed    Interception    Pass Control    Reception

0/pre:  03 03 07 01 00

16 win: 06 06 09 09 0F

also, the "COM mojo" hack has been applied.  so the WRs are mostly covered and the COM defenders play the run better.

like I said, in retrospect, it's probably too tough for the average (sane) guy.  and the mojo hack can get annoying.  but, no doubt it can be a fun challenge to live in that juiced-up world for a season.  and if you really want to dominate the season, you have to play with a truly dominating team (like 85CH, for instance).

Awesome, thanks for the insight. So basically at preseason level your facing juice levels 12-15 speed on offense and defense. Then with the "com mojo"  your receivers are mostly covered with a sky high interception juice thrown in,  and they're all over your running game more than usual. Not to mention every team is full of studs with high ratings already. Yeah it definitely can make you want to break stuff haha.

Edited by Kennya

I whipped this Unrivaled out and went 13-3 with '04 New England.  I lost week 2 to 95 DAL because I hadn't got the juices flowing yet (this game is intense).  Pretty balanced offense, Brady with like 3k, 30+ td, about 1100 team rushing (dillon missed a few games).  This is a pretty solid team.

Getting ready to start the playoffs.

On 9/30/2016 at 9:24 AM, buck said:

I whipped this Unrivaled out and went 13-3 with '04 New England.  I lost week 2 to 95 DAL because I hadn't got the juices flowing yet (this game is intense).  Pretty balanced offense, Brady with like 3k, 30+ td, about 1100 team rushing (dillon missed a few games).  This is a pretty solid team.

Getting ready to start the playoffs.

You inspired me to start a season. I warmed up with a couple preseason games. Beat the 84 Rams with the 86 Giants 35-9, and beat the 67 Rams with the 95 Cowboys 42-7. I'm playing my season with the 89 Niners, 50-0 win over the 84 Dolphins in week 1. I think that's my first ever 3 game win streak on unrivaled haha.