Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

Thunderdome VIII VIDEO Recaps Round 4: DEN, TB, WASH (DEADLINE 2/10)

Round 4 is here and that means we are at the regional finals.  The winners of these games move on to the final 3 stage.  As many upsets as there were in this tournament, when you look at the remaining participants its littered with the heavy hitters of this tournament.  This should make for a fun round!

Tier 4:  DEN, TB, WAS

Midwest:  (1) Regulator defeats (2) OL' Dirty Tecmo:  Video link:  Reg-ODT Video Recap

West:   (2) Coconuts defeats (1) Tecmo Psycho:  Video link:  Coco-Psycho Video Recap

East:  (6) D.T. defeats (1) Daboy:  Video link:  DT-Daboy Video Recap

Edited by War Machine

Video recap below.  This video contains every offensive play with some editing out of the filler stuff and the kickoff/punts.  

West Region Final Game Recap:

(1) Tecmo Psycho (DEN)

vs

(2) Coconuts (WAS)

A rematch from last years Madison final will decide the winner of the West region.  Psycho wins toss and takes the Broncos and Coconuts takes the Redskins.

11 minutes ago, ziurziur said:

Game seems to be in slow motion? Anyway, close game until the run on third and long that sealed game in cocos last possession.  Tough to win with den 

Depends on how much you can contain the den run/scramble game. WAS and TB have no LB's. Thought we might see the i-form book for DEN. Depends on your skill in using D.green to stop the i form plays....thought we might see a different run 1 for denver too. 

How do I access toggle?... Tap meter in game was showing 8and 9s,  a few 12s, I was expecting these two tappers to exceed these numbers... 

Edited by ziurziur

2 hours ago, ziurziur said:

How do I access toggle?... Tap meter in game was showing 8and 9s,  a few 12s, I was expecting these two tappers to exceed these numbers... 

What you fail to understand is that the tap meter stops when drones gang tackle.  So yes what you see is 8 or 9, but that is not a one-on-one isolation.  There were plenty of 12s and 13s when it was.  @Coconuts

Ya I saw plenty of 12's and 13's. The 8's and 9's were mostly what psycho described. I think i saw one or two where it just looked like on one of them got a slow start tapping. 

Man, that huge 3rd down play at 9:45 where Byner somehow makes it out of that scrum in the middle of the field and ends the game basically.  Would've loved to see how that wouldve played out had he been tackled and brought up 4th and 7 or so close to midfield.  

Edited by War Machine

2 hours ago, War Machine said:

Man, that huge 3rd down play at 9:45 where Byner somehow makes it out of that scrum in the middle of the field and ends the game basically.  Would've loved to see how that wouldve played out had he been tackled and brought up 4th and 7 or so close to midfield.  

Most likely..  go for it on 4th. Horse apiece between kicking FG and going for it - either make it and give Derek a chance to win by 1, miss it or go for it and fail, Derek gets ball with a chance to win/tie with a FG, or go for it, convert, and keep the odds in my favor. I'd take the ball in my offenses hands, thank you.

Video recap below.  This video contains every offensive play with some editing out of the filler stuff and the kickoff/punts.  

East Region Final Game Recap:

(6) D.T. (WAS)

vs

(1) Daboy (TB)

Can DT continue his slaying of the Beasts of the East?  TSBGOD and Carnage have felt his wrath and now its Daboy's turn for a crack.  A great game between these two!

Edited by War Machine

It was interesting to see the lack of timeouts by the defense on that last drive before the FG attempt.  10-20 more seconds would've been enough to get in FG range for a kick before end of regulation.

Edited by War Machine

8 minutes ago, War Machine said:

It was interesting to see the lack of timeouts by the defense on that last drive before the FG attempt.  10-20 more seconds would've been enough to get in FG range for a kick before end of regulation.

Yeah daboy didn't play like his usual self 

Midwest Region Final Game Recap:

(2) OL' Dirty Tecmo (DEN)

vs

(1) Regulator (WAS)

ODT wins the toss and takes the Broncos and Regulator takes the Redskins.  Winner advances to final 3!  GG!