Tecmo Madison XII: The beer swap thread

Knobbe

I saw this mentioned earlier and I'm in one way or another.

Basically this is sort of a thread to see who is all interested in this and also to not bring beers that happen to be widely distributed.

I don't believe there are a lot/any Nebraska beers that are widely distributed. I'll try to bring some from Zipline, Thunderhead Brewery, Empyrean Brewing, and Nebraska Brewing Company.  I don't think a lot of you guys get Boulevard out of KC so I'll add that to the list should we not have someone from that area participating.

Truly excited about this!

I'll bring down some of Bent Paddle and Indeed's brews. I could also bring down some Surly for those outside the MN/WI/IA/IL distro area. 

And for those with a different taste - I'll see if I can grab some Sociable Ciderwerks ciders which aren't too shabby. 

Awesome. Glad you started a thread for this.  I'll gather some Iowa beers. Toppling Goliath, Exile, Bent River.

Dave, do they sell Toppling Goliath down there now? They contract brew it in Lakeland. I didn't know if they distributed it there or still shipped it all back to Iowa.

7 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

Dave, do they sell Toppling Goliath down there now? They contract brew it in Lakeland. I didn't know if they distributed it there or still shipped it all back to Iowa.

Not sure off the top of my head. There are so many freaking craft brew breweries/bars/pubs/retails that I can't keep up anymore. I don't recall having it but is not to say it isn't here.

33 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

Awesome. Glad you started a thread for this.  I'll gather some Iowa beers. Toppling Goliath, Exile, Bent River.

None of these beers sound familiar to me. :)

17 hours ago, Knobbe said:

None of these beers sound familiar to me. :)

Most of the breweries in Iowa aren't too old because it wasn't until recently that some of our stick in the mud laws about alcohol production were lifted.

Exile is in Des Moines and makes some quality stuff. Nothing too heavy.

Bent River is out of the Quad Cities and had been a brewpub for years before finally getting into distributing. They make a solid IPA and Coffee Stout as well as a jalapeno beer if you're into that sort of thing.

Toppling Goliath is in Decorah and makes a lot of good hoppy ales. In order to have bigger distribution they contract brew out of Lakeland, FL. I know the extreme beer snobs were pretty pissed about this, but I still think it all tastes great and it means I get more variety at my local store. Their brewmaster did leave and start a new brewery up there called Pulpit Rock. I think he's making crazy stuff out of his garage for now which seems about right with those type of people.

I could bring Potosi but that's a Wisconsin beer and I think you can find it in Madison.

15 hours ago, gripsmoke said:

I will bring some Portland beers*. I hope you bitches like IPAs.

*Limited to beers available at PDX airport, as I will not be checking a bag.

YES! Always down for some IPAs. I think Rogue and Deschutes are the only Oregon beers readily available where I'm at.

11 hours ago, ImFlo said:

I will for sure bring some Chicagoland beers. If anyone can bring some Pearl beer from down south, I'll trade for beer that people will actually want.

I have a weird thing for beers that got the past drunk.

You want some Rhinelander? I know where I can score some.

71053.jpg

If someone passes through Texas before the tournament, I'd love to get my hands on a bottle of Balcones #1 and a Balcones Rumble - Balcones Brimstone optional. 

This is whisky not beer and it's only sold in Texas, I am willing to exchange locally made Minnesota spirits plus a vig since the price is probably a little higher for the #1. 

Wasn't sure what beers were distributed where, so I found this website. Its pretty awesome at telling which states distribute a certain beer, you can even select a beer and see what states sell that beer.

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

That being said I'm not sure what Ohio beers you guys would like. If you know of some let me know or else its going to be Marc Mumford's mystery grab bag.

Edited by JimSocks13

On 1/31/2016 at 3:57 PM, JimSocks13 said:

Wasn't sure what beers were distributed where, so I found this website. Its pretty awesome at telling which states distribute a certain beer, you can even select a beer and see what states sell that beer.

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

That being said I'm not sure what Ohio beers you guys would like. If you know of some let me know or else its going to be Marc Mumford's mystery grab bag.

Great Lakes makes some tasty beers. Otherwise I'm not familiar with anything else in the Buckeye State.

I want in on this.  Michigan makes some great beers, but I think much of it is distributed in other states.  Are there any suggestions anyone might have?  Some good breweries that I like to utilize: Founders, Shorts, Bells, Greenbush, Vivant.  Hell, I even work at one - Rochester Mills.  Our brews are so-so compared to others.

4 hours ago, modeezie said:

I want in on this.  Michigan makes some great beers, but I think much of it is distributed in other states.  Are there any suggestions anyone might have?  Some good breweries that I like to utilize: Founders, Shorts, Bells, Greenbush, Vivant.  Hell, I even work at one - Rochester Mills.  Our brews are so-so compared to others.

I think Founders is pretty well distributed. I'm not real sure about the other ones.

On 2/13/2016 at 10:04 PM, Knobbe said:

I'm sorry, I thought I replied to this. Let's meet in someone's room in S8S on Friday night after the Badger Bowl as I don't think they'll let us bring beer in there.

Thus does either @JimSocks13 or @davefmurray want to host this Friday after Badger Bowl?