Baseball Stars 2002

drake

Just having a discussion on discord about baseball and I dug up my old hacked version from 2002 with that year's playoff teams. Good stuff, bringing back the memories.

Pujols, Bonds, Giambi, Hunter, Tejada, the Jones for Atlanta, Johnson and Schilling for arizona...good stuff!

Baseball Stars 2002.nes

I'll ask gary about what he might still have if anything for a shell to possibly repurpose.

16 minutes ago, toolie said:

I'd play Baseball Stars again if there were enough interested guys.  One a side note, my fantasy baseball team name for years has been SNK Crushers.

Anyone get the reference? The Monsters were my team. :)

20 minutes ago, drake said:

I'll ask gary about what he might still have if anything for a shell to possibly repurpose.

I don't remember anyone pointing it out.  Unlike the actual Crushers I won the league at one point.  Not recently though.  =-(

On 1/20/2016 at 7:18 AM, drake said:

In the league, I think Rob TSBRMM was the Ghastly Monsters. I was the Brave Warriors (and the Mariners in the league before that)

1 hour ago, drake said:

It sounds to me like we could get enough for another go around, I guess we would just need an organizer and site. Have not heard back from Gary yet. What sort of stats did the site have? Anything beyond what the normal game had?

I am pretty sure @TecmoTurd had a hand in writing the stats extractor. Hit him up.

Also, I'd be interested if the schedule isn't too strenuous.

• 1 month later...

I'd play. I hack the hell out of this game pretty much daily trying to redesign it for my own kicks. Been a on going thing for years now. As for league stats. I came across a excel file here that tells you where to find league stats at end of games and what to copy and paste into the cells and it generates the stats for you. Never used it though so not sure how or if it works.

I played 2 seasons in the baseball stars league I think?  I was the Ghastly Monsters.  One season I learned the hard way about drafting.  I picked 2 ace pitchers early and my team sucked!  I also recall having a game against someone where I literally stole 3 home runs over the fence in the same game.  And two of them were jumping on the wall at an odd angle.  Sadly the film didn't take from that game.

• 1 month later...