War Machine

Thunderdome VIII Game Recaps Round 2: CHI, CIN, KC, MIA (DEADLINE 1/27)

MIA (LuckyTool) vs. CIN (Nos)

I won the toss.  Dolphins kick to start the game and both teams score a TD on their opening drive.  I may have needed a 4th down conversion (at one point I did).  I got the ball back after a stop on downs and was able to score another TD.  Not much time left in the half when the Bengals fumble and MIA is able to score to go up 21-7 and getting the ball.

Getting the ball...yeah.  Paige fumbles away the kick, but the Dolphins get a stop on downs.  Bengals force a punt to stay in the game, but their next drive stalls and the game finishes with no additional scoring.

BENGALS1 7

DOLPHINS1 21

GG Nos.  I got a lot of called plays to help stop drives. 

tecmo_fun.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

Edited by toolie

40 minutes ago, daboy8821 said:

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75077

fulchar got a early interception and cincy D got some called plays on another drive which lead to a 21-0 halftime lead

final was

cincy 35

kc 14

gg bradbears

thunderdomerd2bradbears.nsv

Forgets to mention 1 more INT and a lost Okoye fumble.... really wasn't much of a game with the help of tecmo god turnovers :(

Edited by bradbears81

Gripsmoke won the toss and took the Dolphins. So I decided to take Chicago to defend Dan Marino's speedy pass attack...I wasn't too concerned with the running attack for Miami. Neal Anderson for the Bears did much damage and scored a couple of TDs...Good game Grip Marino had a few bullets I could not stop

Prime (Chicago 35)         Gripsmoke (Miami 21)

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns4

Edited by Prime

GREAT GAME HERE

Carnage (CIN) vs DT (CHI)

Matt nabs Cincy. I roll with the Bears. Probably would have predicted 13-10 or something. Despite Chicago's D, Matt elects to return on the coin toss. 1st play I sneak on the short receiver and get a diving pick with Carrier. Then quickly go up 7-0. Esiason has amnesia though and completes 4 or 5 passes to tie it up at 7. I immediately try to hit Ron Morris deep over the coverage but apparently forgot Ron Morris couldn't stretch a rubber band, let alone a D with Fulcher at safety. Jump pick. James Brooks. 14-7 Cincy. Clutch drive to tie it at the half. 14-14. GH

Shit got crazy in the 2nd half. Id recommend watching this one but I went up 17-14. Then James Brooks fumbled and THE REFRIGERATOR picked it up and RUMBLED for big yds down to the 2. Muster punched it in. 24-14. James Brooks almost immediately busts a fat one. 24-21 end of the 3rd. Chicago gets the ball and Neal is off to the races. FUMBLES but Johnny Bailey only Bear on the scene with a chance scoops it IN STRIDE and keeps Chicago going. Another Muster TD. 31-21. Not much time. Somehow I let ICKEY WOODS run a seam route to get behind the defense. 31-28. Onside kick no go. I run out the clock unspectacularly. 

That was some good-ass Tecmo my man. Shame we had to meet so early!

BEARS 31

BENGALS 28

thunderdomeround2carnageDT.nsv

GG Mr. DT and GL in the next round. As a fellow member of the Cigar Squad and friend in real life I ain't even mad. 

I won't lie..despite knowing I was gonna lose when Ickey went into EXCELLENT and caught the TD..I did an Ickey shuffle in my room. 

James Brooks...you suck.

6 hours ago, 3Scene O1f Carnage3 said:

GG Mr. DT and GL in the next round. As a fellow member of the Cigar Squad and friend in real life I ain't even mad. 

I won't lie..despite knowing I was gonna lose when Ickey went into EXCELLENT and caught the TD..I did an Ickey shuffle in my room. 

James Brooks...you suck.

Louis would agree with you there.

East Region Round 2:  (4) Arncoem vs (5) War Machine

I win the toss and select Cincy and Arn takes the Bears.  I get the ball first and drive down the field quickly but once I get to the red zone, a picked play or two forces me into a FG.  3-0 CIN.

Arn then begins his ground and pound and i'm calling run the hwole time but cant seem to pick his plays.  He gets 5-8 yds a pop and eventually gets into the end zone.  7-3 CHI.

I am able to get a TD with about 1:30 minutes left before half.  10-7 CIN.  Arn has time to get points here but hes caught in no mans land with 14 seconds left in my territory when his run play forces him in the middle of the field and nowhere to go out of bounds.  End of half 10-7 CIN.

Bears get the ball and are forced into a key 4th and 1 around midfield.  I call a pass play as done Arn which leaves the top WR open on a deep route while Harbaugh (Tomczak in bad) is at the bottom.  I decide to let Harbaugh beat me with the cross field throw and i attack the QB.  Harbaugh tosses it long incomplete.  Bengals ball!

We exchange TD's and Im able to pick up a key first down to kill clock.

CIN (War) 17

CHI (Arn) 14

GG Arn!  Thanks for playing it early!

TD_RD2_War-Arn.nsv

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75096

Edited by War Machine

Coconuts vs Basement

I win toss and choose MIA. Basement gets Bears. MIA goes up 7-0. Then the Burkhardt back and B shows up and ties it. Marino drives them down and scores again. Once again the back and B is there at the end of half, but Bailey is caught. An exchange of punts ensues, and Marino toggles the defender off of Clayton for the score, 21-14. Muster fumbles on the KO, and Miami scores again. Another back and B but it's JJ picked. Marino scores again for the 35-14 game. Basement clicks out of the blue screen almost immediately, so I'm unable to get a state. And of course the vid doesn't work.

MIA (coconuts) 35

CHI (Basement) 14

GG

(12) Gamehigh vs (13) Player121xk

I win the coin flip and select KC.  Player goes with CHI.  I felt this was a good matchup for the Chiefs since their secondary wouldn't get exposed, just need to slow down the Anderson/Bailey RB tandem.

Chiefs kick off and force a punt on the first possession after some called runs.  Later Deberg finds Paige streaking downfield for a TD, with Carrier just missing on an auto-dive.  With a steady diet of runs, the Bears convert a huge 4th down deep in their territory and eventually punch in a Bailey TD.  Chiefs have to settle for a couple FGs as drives sputter out.  KC leads going into the 4th quarter 13 - 7.  Then with Deberg in bad condition, the Chiefs decide to air one out to Paige for a diving CC inside the Bears 5.  KC punches it in for a 20 - 7 lead.  Tomczak was awful all day missing open receivers and suffers a safety to a KC drone for the final score.

Chiefs 22 - Bears 7

GG Player.  This game was closer than the final score.  Two huge catches by Paige, his only two, really turned the game.

thunderdome_r2.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns5

GG, Gamehigh!

I almost immediately regretted not taking the Dolphins, but I thought Carrier might come through for me. And he was right there on both Paige catches, but he decided to just ignore the ball both times. 

And after Tomczak went into BAD and Harbaugh had to come in, I knew it was over. With the score 13-7, that would be go ahead score INT in the endzone with about 4 to go was killer. And then Harbaugh overthrowing his JJ targets by 30 yards each time on that last drive was fun, too.

GLRW!

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75121

Jesus wins the coin flip and chooses Bengals.... I follow by choosing Miami

After minor conversation about how he is supposed to be player 1, but neither of us mind, the game begins. Mia got the ball first and majorly passed their way down the field for the games first TD. Cin turned the ball over on downs their first possession followed by another Mia TD. Cincy had a great drive to close the half which ate up nearly 4 minutes resulting in the TD for a 14-7 score at half with Cincy receiving the 2nd half kickoff.......

2nd half kickoff.....fumble.....TD Miami. The Bengals tried to play catch up after this but were unsuccessful as a good Boomer was off target with his throws all game. Final ends up 35-14 in favor of Miami

GG Jesus and thanks for being so patient with scheduling!

He has the video as mine desynch.