War Machine

Thunderdome VIII Game Recaps Round 2: CHI, CIN, KC, MIA (DEADLINE 1/27)

Please post your round 2 game recap here.  Short and sweet is great but we need something for the masses.  Here is a reminder of what is expected:

• Post your recap with some details of who won the toss and how teams were selected
  • Include the nsv to your recap.  (RECORD nsv!!!)
  • Load save state to TPC website

----------------------------------------

Tier 2:  CHI, CIN, MIA, KC

Round 2 Results:

* Result in red means it was an upset (lower seed winning)

Midwest:

(1) Regulator defeats (9) ChaosConffetti

(2) Ol' Dirty Tecmo defeats (7) Neerrm

(3) Toolie defeats (6) Nos

(13) storksdaman defeats (5) Ryan11p

West:

(1) Tecmo Psycho defeats (9) Justin Peters

(2) Coconuts defeats (10) BasementNemisis

(14) Prime defeats (6) Gripsmoke

(12) Gamehigh defeats (13) Player121xk

East:

(1) Daboy8821 defeats (9) BradBears

(2) TSBGOD defeats (7) Clarkham

(6) DT defeats (3) Carnage

(5) War Machine defeats (4) Arnocem

Edited by War Machine

Ryan wins the flip and goes with KC and the Nightmare.  Stork take Cincy. 

KC strikes first with a bomb to Paige.  Cincy comes back with some nice runs and ties it up.  The scoring goes back and forth until the teams go the locker room tied at 14 a piece.  Cincy has a nice drive and picks up a score and then grabs a fumble on the ensuing drive by the Chiefs and capitalizes with another score to make it 28-14.  Chiefs don't have enough time to make a comeback and the game ends with a final of 28-14 Bungals. 

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

This is eating at me.

If I'm going to lose, I'm happy it's to a top notch, good all around dude like Stork. I hope he keeps slaying Giants (pun intended). 

But this makes we wish for double elim. I know it drags it out and stuff, but now I've got the red hot molten lava fires of revenge burning inside me that I have no opportunity to satisfy...

I guess I'll have to save it for HSTL and TPC...

Good luck my friends.

1 hour ago, vikingmoe02 said:

This is eating at me.

If I'm going to lose, I'm happy it's to a top notch, good all around dude like Stork. I hope he keeps slaying Giants (pun intended). 

But this makes we wish for double elim. I know it drags it out and stuff, but now I've got the red hot molten lava fires of revenge burning inside me that I have no opportunity to satisfy...

Good luck my friends.

I like double elim also....

double elimination should only be used in a small tournament format. The tournament is flowing fairly well so why mess with that.

Maybe double elimination for the last 4 in each region but its not a necessity. I see no need for double elimination in early round games.

War Machine has done a good job with this set up.

1 hour ago, vikingmoe02 said:

This is eating at me.

Good luck my friends.

Appreciate the kind words Eric.  It was a hard fought battle man.  I'm sure you can drub me in some TPC later... As you remember, my luck vs you has been pretty poor in our past meetings.  You're a hell of a player and I was lucky to get the W in this one. 

2 hours ago, War Machine said:

There will be other tourneys and double elim will be part of them.  

Please know that I wasn't complaining, just venting and longing for another opportunity. 

War has done an incredible job with this tourney.

Just now, vikingmoe02 said:

Please know that I wasn't complaining, just venting and longing for another opportunity. 

War has done an incredible job with this tourney.

Of course man, its tough.  It's good that you care enough to post and let the frustrations out!  

3 hours ago, regulator088 said:

Just at the H2H ATA history between TSBGOD and I. It's a cakewalk! :P

That got me thinking.. does anyone have a lifetime winning % vs you that's over .500?

CHIEFS1 7

DOLPHINS1 10

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75061

Justin won toss and took Chiefs.  He kicked and Dolphins drived, but a called play on 4th and 5 left Dolphins turning over.  Chiefs got a big run from Okoye with some open passes and scored first making it 7-0.  Dolphins have another drive and this time capitalize tieing it at 7.  Chiefs couldn't get out of bound to kick a FG before half.

Chiefs receive after half and quickly have to punt.  Dolphins have a great drive and come up empty on a pass to the end zone is picked off in the bottom back corner (don't remember who it was).  Chiefs drive but again have to punt.  Dolphins convert a critical 4th and 5-ish.  Dolphins continue drive close to the red zone, but after several called plays and a grapple sack; all big losses, left Stoyanovich with a long 60 something yard FG with DT looming (he looked fast too for most of the game; especially second half).  Kick is good.  Chiefs run two or three plays and hailmary falls short.

GG Justin

TPC_TSB_tapmeterRD2.nsv

Edited by Tecmo Psycho

Recap posted on behalf of Ol' Dirty Tecmo (via discord) who is having trouble posting.

Midwest Region:  (7) Neerrm vs (2) Ol' Dirty Tecmo

Neerm won the toss and went Bears. I knew I wouldn't be able to run much so I just took the Dolphins. He was magical with Singletary making me wish I'd have used a stealthier playbook. Anyway, a good amount of back and forth but the Bears got a stop late in the 2nd and the Dolphins couldn't add a score. Phins hit the half down 14-7 AND kicking. I think Phins got a JJ pick after tying it up and were able to hit Duper deep accidentally. Almost too fast leaving time for the Bears to tie it up at 21. In Overtime the Bears win the toss but the lowly QBs break their hearts as Miami was primarily calling run and using the safeties to play center field. Great Game Neerm, tons of respect. Half way thru I really expected to be going home.

Final OT

Phins (Diaz) 27

Bears (Neerrm) 21

Edited by War Machine