War Machine

Thunderdome VIII Game Recaps Round 1: BUF, GIA, PHI, RAI (DEADLINE 1/20)

East Bracket:  War Machine vs Purplehaze

Haze wins the toss and chooses the Giants.  I take the Bills.

Haze scores with ease on first possession to go up 7-0.  On the Bill first play, QB Bills hits a CC to James Lofton with LT in single coverage.  Here's the kicker, the War Machine TOSSES LT and wins the tap!  For you conspiracy theorists, it was a 6-5 tap win.  Haze mustve fell asleep at the wheel.  Buffalo ties it 7-7.

Some back and forth but the Bills get a huge INT and another huge stop in the 4th quarter.  They're up 20-10 when the Giants complete a hail mary CC to pull within 3 points.  The onside kick fails and clock gets run out.

GG Haze, another close battle!

BUF (War) 20

NYG (Haze) 17

TD_Haze_war.nsv

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75000

Edited by War Machine

GG War.  Yeah I think I was a little late in tapping on the CC with Lofton.  

I meant to kick a FG at the end of the first half and just was picking plays as normal and picked too quickly.  Oh well.  

Thanks for running this.

Midwest: LuckyTool vs. flash80

I won the toss and took GIA, he took BUF.  First half I was able to hold him to two FGs, though he moved the ball pretty well and just couldn't punch it in.  I scored a TD on my only real possession.  7-6 at the half.

I score a TD to start the 3rd to go up 14-6, he scores early in the 4th, then forces a punt and has about 2:30 to get into FG range.  I called 2 or 3 of his plays on the next drive and was able to get the stop.  A GOOD Ottis was able to win a grapple and score a TD to ice it.

BILLS1 13

Box Score

GIANTS1 21

GG flash, and good meeting you man.  Looking forward to rehashing this game in Madison!

tecmo_fun2.nsv

Midwest Region: Bills (ODT) vs. Giants (Jevans)

Giants did work on the ground (lots of run1 sweep) but struggled to hit pay dirt with a fumble and a couple TOD's I think. QB Bills was too much for the very aggressive LT led defense. Taps went Jonny's way mostly as he topped out at 13. I snuck a couple 11 to 10's in until he turned it up a notch. Fun game but expected final in blowout fashion. GG @JEvans87

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75002

BILLS1 35

GIANTS1 14

jonnyrd1dome.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns8

Edited by Ol' Dirty Tecmo

(2) coconuts vs (15) mightybombjack (killer name, btw)

He wins toss and calls GIA, I respond with the Bills. I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 on the Bills this morning(foreshadowing, I guess). BUF kicks off, and on 1st play set the tone with an INT. Thermal ran for 273 on 19 carries, while the Bills D barely allowed 100 total yards, most of it coming on a pass to Bavaro in late 4th. GG sir, I remember getting my ass whipped by Reg 27-0 in my first tourney, keep your head up man!

BILLS1 31

GIANTS1 0

Tdomerd1cocovsmbj.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Stork wins toss and goes with the Bills.  Moe takes the Giants.  

The two teams trade scores and the Giants look primed to take a 21-7 lead into half but Megget is caught from behind on a long run right before the half to keep the score at 14-7 G-men.  Bills tie it with a score to make it 14 all and the teams again trade scores to make the "final" 21-21.  

Stork wins the flip in OT and on the heels of long Thurman run and a FG win it in OT 24-21.  

VGG Eric, could have gone either way for sure man!!  

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by storksdaman

1 hour ago, storksdaman said:

Stork wins toss and goes with the Bills.  Moe takes the Giants.  

The two teams trade scores and the Giants look primed to take a 21-7 lead into half but Megget is caught from behind on a long run right before the half to keep the score at 14-7 G-men.  Bills tie it with a score to make it 14 all and the teams again trade scores to make the "final" 21-21.  

Stork wins the flip in OT and on the heels of long Thurman run and a FG win it in OT 24-21.  

VGG Eric, could have gone either way for sure man!!  

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Stork was the man here. I made some bad mistakes on D that I just usually don't do, and he capitalized each time. Not getting points before half turned out to be key. GLRW my friend. 

(4) Kamphuna8 vs (13) Player121xk

Kamp wins the toss and calls Giants. I take the Bills, of course, but so did the Gods, as the sun only shined on Buffalo in this one.

Kamp wins the toss again and kicks off. Thurman rumbles down the field on a 4th down conversion 7-0. Kamp goes for it on 4th down and does not convert. The Bills get a FG. Kamp fumbles, the Bills get a TD. Kamp goes for it on 4th just before half and doesn't get it, and the Bills get a FG. 20-0 at half. Several things happen in the second half, but mostly only things that benefit the Bills, including a JJ by Lofton among 5 Giants for the last score. 

30-14 final.

GG Kamp, but the outcome was decided before we even kicked off. Thanks for playing!

Sidenote: I'm an idiot and can't get the state to upload right to TPC. Every time I try, the stats are all messed up, and I am shown as an 8-0 winner. 

23 minutes ago, player121xk said:

(4) Kamphuna8 vs (13) Player121xk

Kamp wins the toss and calls Giants. I take the Bills, of course, but so did the Gods, as the sun only shined on Buffalo in this one.

Kamp wins the toss again and kicks off. Thurman rumbles down the field on a 4th down conversion 7-0. Kamp goes for it on 4th down and does not convert. The Bills get a FG. Kamp fumbles, the Bills get a TD. Kamp goes for it on 4th just before half and doesn't get it, and the Bills get a FG. 20-0 at half. Several things happen in the second half, but mostly only things that benefit the Bills, including a JJ by Lofton among 5 Giants for the last score. 

30-14 final.

GG Kamp, but the outcome was decided before we even kicked off. Thanks for playing!

Sidenote: I'm an idiot and can't get the state to upload right to TPC. Every time I try, the stats are all messed up, and I am shown as an 8-0 winner. 

GG player but honestly you just smoked me. Well done. Glrw

Justinpeters vs jfag

I win toss and take Giants. Jfag takes bills. I win toss and get ball first. I dunk down the field and get the FG from about the 30. Jfag gets teh ball and takes a lot of time comverts some 3rrd down and geets teh score. 7-3. I get the ball back and get to about 50 yard line and line up for FG with 5 seconds in the half. It is blocked but matt bahr gets it for the giants and he is yoked! he breaks a bunch of tackles and houses it! 10-7 giants at half. Giants get ball and are held to punt. Bills get ball and make go ahead score with 4 mins left in 4th. Giants dink and dunk a bit, then get lucky CC with Ingram at the 1 yard line with 50 seconds left. I run it and megget in good bumps off 2 tackles at once and goes for the goahead score. Bills get one jj attempt but it falls short. GG man glrw. Giants 17- BIlls 14.

TPC_TSB.ns1

1 minute ago, TSBGOD said:

I win toss and take Bills. He selects NYG.

He gets opening kickoff and throws an INT on 1st play. After that all down hill for the NYG. 35-0 final. GG Meat

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

Odd.. almost a mirror image of my game. Except I lost the toss.

Midwest Region:

Nos (Giants) 33

Rockman (Bills) 14

Rockman won the toss and chose Buffalo.  I countered with New York.  He won the toss in the game as well and elected to kickoff.  I drove down the field behind some Anderson runs and scored the TD, 7-0 Giants after 1.

I score again after forcing a stop, I think.  Anyway, I definitely go up 14-0 with a nice pass from Simms.

Rickman gets a huge run on an isolation grapple win, 12-7, and almost takes it to the house with Thermal.  He scores with 40 seconds left in the half, 14-7 Giants at the half.

Bills receive, and Reasons snags an interception.  I score, 21-7.

A deep CC to Reed, and it's 21-14 after 3.

I score again with some nice Meggett runs setting me up for the field goal, 24-14.  

LT goes apeshit, and gets the drone sack for the safety, 26-14 Giants.

I add another TD on another defensive stop, 33-14 Giants is the final.

gg rockman.  On to round 2.

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75030

2016tdr1.nsv

Edited by Nos

EAST REGION

DT vs Ickey123

Ickster wins the toss and takes the Bills much to my malign, but then I remembered that the Giants were good too and I was over it. Got some HYUGE plays from Otis (my man) and Meggett and played enough D to get it done.... The Ickster was down 28-0, but saved face with a 14-0 4th quarter, possibly giving him some momentum into Thunderdome 2017.

Get some

thundrd1.nsv

Forgot to push record. 8-O

I won the toss and choose Bills, Hock took Giants. I was dropped early for a couple losses and got sacked for a safety. That was the last points Hock would get, as I rode QB Bills to four touchdowns and the Bills defense to make stops. DT blocked a couple XPs but all in all it was a game that I think came to the coin toss.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

I won coin flip and take the bills

ziur takes the Giants 

bills get ball first. Go up 7-0

giants turn the ball over on downs thanks to a fourth down drop

bills score again and go up 14-0

giants score just before the half...14-7

giants get ball to start second half.

turn the ball over on downs

bill score to go up 21-7

giants score with about two min left in game. 21-14

bills bleed clock and punt it away for the win

http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75057

West Region:  Manyo (5) vs GameHigh (12)

I win the toss and go with QB Bills and friends.  Manyo selects Giants.

Giants receive and Meggett rips off a run to midfield.  Next play Sims fumbles it over to the Bills, but their offense stalls.  Giants march down again with Meggett for a 7-0 lead.  On the next possession, the Bills convert a 4th down inside their 30 (no punting in this game).  Two plays later, the Bills tie it up on a TD to Lofton.

Giants continue to slam Meggett into the Bills defense, and face 1st and 9 with 1 minute left in the half.  On 4th and 2 from the Bills 2 yard line, the Giants are denied. 7-7 at the break.

Bills receive in the 2nd half and QB Bills launches a JJ-bomb to Reed for a 14-7 lead.  Fourth quarter now, and the Giants are moving on the next possession until Ingram fumbles a 4th down JJ-catch on a called play.  A few plays later, LT lets Reed slip behind him in coverage and QB Bills finds him for a 21-7 lead.  But the Giants respond with another TD, but time runs out on the G-men. 

Final Score

BUF 21

NYG 14

GG Manyo.  The goal line stand was probably the difference.  The Bills defensive drones showed up today.

TPC: http://tecmoworld.com/twpc/?page_id=180&game=75070

thunderdome_r1.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns2

Edited by GameHigh

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

West Region getting turned upside down..wow

5 games with the lower seed winning is pretty crazy.  Looks like a coconuts-pyscho madison rematch is inevitable for the West final.  Though Gripsmoke is not to be underestimated....