(NES) 1979 RBI Baseball

Carther

1979 RBI Baseball

I have made RBI Baseball for the 1979 Season.   This is my first RBI edit.   I have made an original version

that plays like the original game where the scoring is like slow pitch softball.   I have also made a realistic version where I reduced the power of each player by 100.  This gives a more realistic scoring game.  

Teams included are  Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, California Angels, Pittsburgh Pirates, Montreal Expos, St.Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds and Houston Astros.  These were the top 10 teams by record that year.   Just missing out were Detroit Tigers by 1/2 a game, Kansas City Royals by 1 game and Philadelphia Phillies by 2 games.

IF you are a wee youngster or don't remember the 1979 season the Orioles beat the Angels in the AL Championship, the Pirates beat the Reds in the NL Championship and then the Pirates beat the Orioles in the World Series.  Pittsburgh also won the Super Bowl that year.

I like how you have "PITT def BALT in SERIES" on the main screen.  It reminds me of the old SNES/Genesis basketball games (ex: Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs).  Typically, I give ownership to each of my annual ROMs (ex: Robinson Cano's 2012 RBI Baseball).  I might borrow from you and the basketball games on an occasion or two (ex: Mets vs. Royals and the 2015 MLB Playoffs).