Changing the facing photos in the game...

Fernando 49

Hi Happy New Year.

I have changed the pictures for the game and looks horrible.

I've tried black and white, 16 bit colors, 256 colors and I vave no success on this, I´m using Tile Layer Pro and I can´t found a way to do it correctly.

Has anyone realized a way to do it righr?

4 hours ago, Fernando 49 said:

Hi Happy New Year.

I have changed the pictures for the game and looks horrible.

I've tried black and white, 16 bit colors, 256 colors and I vave no success on this, I´m using Tile Layer Pro and I can´t found a way to do it correctly.

Has anyone realized a way to do it righr?

can you take screen and explain exactly what you want it to look like?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 1:58 PM, TecSpectre said:

Have you found a way to just use the blank face image in the game for everyone?

It's not ideal, but if it's just a matter of copying it for everyone, that's possible the best solution.

Yes man.

That´s my last choice.

I´ll try to fiind a way...

On 1/3/2016 at 5:13 PM, drunken_honkey said:

can you take screen and explain exactly what you want it to look like?

I have everything you need, just need to know what you are aiming for?  

The game by default has only 83 faces available to assign.  The 84th face is the blank face.  Each face is 12 tiles (3×4). 

There are 3 tables used in the program that assigns faces to players:

Table 1 (We will call this their Pro Bowl#) This is the actual player table.  This table is the list of every player in the game.  It is in order by the teams as they fall in the game.  IE Bills (Team 1 or Team 00), Indy (Team 2 or Team 01) etc... with Greats being the last set of players (Team 32 or Team 1F) .   Each player in the game is given a number depending on where they fall in the game.  IE Jim Kelly is the first player on the first team.  He is the very first player.  His Pro Bowl# is 00 00.  RB Bills is the 3rd player on the game.  His Pro Bowl# is 02 00.  Trading a player doesn't change his Pro Bowl# as the trade is only saved and read in the srm file.  The Pro Bowl # is hard coded to the rom and that is where his Pro Bowl# is always pulled from.

Table 2 (We will call this the Face Assign Table).  This table is 84 bytes long. (xx xx = 1 byte /the table is in 16 bit)  This is the table that determines who gets assigned a face.  The code takes the Pro Bowl# and starts a compare against the Assign Table.  As the code doesn't find a match it increases the X index.  This code is used to give the X index a value.  If the code doesn't find a match by the time X equals x53 in hex / the 83rd byte in the table, it uses x54 as the value of X.

Table 3 (We will call this the Face Table) This table is used to determine what face is assigned.  This table lines up with the Assign Table.  It is 84 bytes long just like the Assign table.  So using the X value created with the Assign coding the game grabs from the table with X added to the location.  So if the Assign Table match the Pro Bowl# after the 6th try (Making X index = 05 in hex) the code then would grab the 6th byte from the Face table.  The last byte in the Face table is the blanked out face.  

The Assign Table is at x36844

It starts with 0000 0700 etc.. 0000 (Very first player) = Jim Kelly, 0700 (8th player) = Andre Reed.  

The Face Table is at x3679A 

It starts with 0080 8081

These numbers are actually location pointers.  So if you changed the above to 8081 0080, Jim Kelly would have Andre Reed's face and Reed would have Jim Kelly's.  I don't have time to explain how and why the bytes are locations, but as long as you use the bytes as written you'll be fine.

The Color Pallets for the faces and the Gray box are at x366D6, x366F6 and x36716

Bonus Tip:

Here's why I call it their Pro Bowl #

xE5012 starts the AFC Pro Bowl Rosters (2 bytes each) This goes along with the Table 1 from above.  Using the player Pro Bowl# here will change the default Pro Bowl Teams.  

Side note:

When looking to change who has faces, use the first slot here to verify you have the right player.  IE change the 0000 to 0901 then go to the AFC Pro Bowl team in Team Data to see who uses that number.

xE505C is the Default Pro Bowl Returner s(1 byte each)  This is a # from 1-10 (00-0A in hex).  There are 2 bytes one is the PR and the other is the KR.  Go to Team Data, then to the Returner screen in the Offensive Starters Screen and count that players # on the list.

xE505E starts the NFC Pro Bowl Rosters

xE50A8 is the Default Pro Bowl Returners

xE50AA is Default Returners for all the Teams (First 2 bytes = Buf, Next 2 = Indy etc)

Not sure if this helps....

Edited by drunken_honkey

@drunken_honkey I may toy around with this information.  When I made my first Convergence ROM, I was trying to match up the existing faces with players that looked similar (i.e. Drew Bledsoe = Tom Brady, Barry Foster = Franco Harris, Greg Lloyd = James Harrison, etc.).  Knowing how to move faces around, like the blank one, will come in handy for future updates (versus editing every profile face to be a black silhouette which I thought of doing at one time).

22 hours ago, drunken_honkey said:

I have everything you need, just need to know what you are aiming for?  

The game by default has only 83 faces available to assign.  The 84th face is the blank face.  Each face is 12 tiles (3×4). 

There are 3 tables used in the program that assigns faces to players:

Table 1 (We will call this their Pro Bowl#) This is the actual player table.  This table is the list of every player in the game.  It is in order by the teams as they fall in the game.  IE Bills (Team 1 or Team 00), Indy (Team 2 or Team 01) etc... with Greats being the last set of players (Team 32 or Team 1F) .   Each player in the game is given a number depending on where they fall in the game.  IE Jim Kelly is the first player on the first team.  He is the very first player.  His Pro Bowl# is 00 00.  RB Bills is the 3rd player on the game.  His Pro Bowl# is 02 00.  Trading a player doesn't change his Pro Bowl# as the trade is only saved and read in the srm file.  The Pro Bowl # is hard coded to the rom and that is where his Pro Bowl# is always pulled from.

Table 2 (We will call this the Face Assign Table).  This table is 84 bytes long. (xx xx = 1 byte /the table is in 16 bit)  This is the table that determines who gets assigned a face.  The code takes the Pro Bowl# and starts a compare against the Assign Table.  As the code doesn't find a match it increases the X index.  This code is used to give the X index a value.  If the code doesn't find a match by the time X equals x53 in hex / the 83rd byte in the table, it uses x54 as the value of X.

Table 3 (We will call this the Face Table) This table is used to determine what face is assigned.  This table lines up with the Assign Table.  It is 84 bytes long just like the Assign table.  So using the X value created with the Assign coding the game grabs from the table with X added to the location.  So if the Assign Table match the Pro Bowl# after the 6th try (Making X index = 05 in hex) the code then would grab the 6th byte from the Face table.  The last byte in the Face table is the blanked out face.  

The Assign Table is at x36844

It starts with 0000 0700 etc.. 0000 (Very first player) = Jim Kelly, 0700 (8th player) = Andre Reed.  

The Face Table is at x3679A 

It starts with 0080 8081

These numbers are actually location pointers.  So if you changed the above to 8081 0080, Jim Kelly would have Andre Reed's face and Reed would have Jim Kelly's.  I don't have time to explain how and why the bytes are locations, but as long as you use the bytes as written you'll be fine.

The Color Pallets for the faces and the Gray box are at x366D6, x366F6 and x36716

Bonus Tip:

Here's why I call it their Pro Bowl #

xE5012 starts the AFC Pro Bowl Rosters (2 bytes each) This goes along with the Table 1 from above.  Using the player Pro Bowl# here will change the default Pro Bowl Teams.  

Side note:

When looking to change who has faces, use the first slot here to verify you have the right player.  IE change the 0000 to 0901 then go to the AFC Pro Bowl team in Team Data to see who uses that number.

xE505C is the Default Pro Bowl Returner s(1 byte each)  This is a # from 1-10 (00-0A in hex).  There are 2 bytes one is the PR and the other is the KR.  Go to Team Data, then to the Returner screen in the Offensive Starters Screen and count that players # on the list.

xE505E starts the NFC Pro Bowl Rosters

xE50A8 is the Default Pro Bowl Returners

xE50AA is Default Returners for all the Teams (First 2 bytes = Buf, Next 2 = Indy etc)

Not sure if this helps....

SImply amazing man.

Tons of info that gonna help in the developement of this ROM.

Thanx A LOT!