Perfect Version Hack

Njohns1846

To anyone's knowledge, does a rom exist that includes all of the hacked features that I've seen on these forums?

These new features include:

*Fixed Passing Accuracy

*Fixed Quickness

*Clash-Shifting based on Hitting Power

*Player 2 plays exactly the same as Player 1

*Everything else I'm missing

I know I've seen hacks here and there for these things, but has anyone edited a rom to include all of these things? If so, can someone point me to it?

Thanks all,

"Perfect" is subjective.  I've tried to avoid totally overhauling the AI.  Most of the changes I apply are those that fix errors (PA and quickness hacks), those that make the AI look less stupid (better tackling, punting), as well as some that speed up gameplay a bit (faster fumble recovery, faster knock-down animations, etc.).

I don't have a rom to attach, so I've attached a .txt that has all the changes I've used at some point.  Just copy/paste the hex codes to the addresses provided into whatever rom you want to change.

hacks.txt

Nobody knows what QUICKNESS would have been intended for.  There isn't even an attribute table for it in the game.  

It can't be "coverage" or else you would have guys like bruce SMITH with 81 coverage rating, and that is total bullshit.

About the only reasonable thing I can think of to use it for is "turnover speed" (RP?) of a defender during fumble or int returns.

And concerning "Pass Accuracy", my theory (contrary to the common hack) is that Pass Accuracy was supposed to be the "on target" value and Pass Control was supposed to be the interception/completion variable.  This conflicts with the original way the jstout hack was designed, but it is a very simple tweak to use the values like I'm talking about.

so yes, "perfect" is beyond subjective.  there is no "perfect" version of the Tecmo Super Bowl NES game - except the version that we all know and love and live and die for, that is the "perfect" version.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 0:50 PM, buck said:

Nobody knows what QUICKNESS would have been intended for.  There isn't even an attribute table for it in the game.  

It can't be "coverage" or else you would have guys like bruce SMITH with 81 coverage rating, and that is total bullshit.

About the only reasonable thing I can think of to use it for is "turnover speed" (RP?) of a defender during fumble or int returns.

I agree that it'd be silly to apply the quickness = coverage hack without changing that value for players.  It's nice to be able to have DBs that can't get INTs but don't allow receptions or DBs that either get an INT or allow a catch. 

I really like the idea of quickness = pursuit, like in xplozv's JBI rom.  I think that's probably the closest thing that it was intended to be; but, I don't know if that hack works properly as I've tried changing the code that appears to correspond with attribute values with no effect whatsoever.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to adjust the phisical condition?, when a cpu player has good or excelent phisical condition he plays very smart football, even better, is it possible to hack that to create difficultie levels, and still have cpu players with bad phisical condition to play decent football.?.

I dont know a thing about hacking so its just an idea :)