Sign in to follow this  
toolie

1974 Team Shuffle

13 minutes ago, Ol' Dirty Tecmo said:

It's a tough division, yes. But not even the toughest!! I'll play anywhere.

Has nothing to do with playing any where , has something to do with having the league fair. Both conference's East division should not be like that . Not hard to fix. 

With the draft already underway we can't move teams now.  Bring up these concerns sooner! 

I am not really interested in trying to balance the talent.  If people want to keep their team they can keep their team (unlike under TSBGODcare).

it doesn't matter to me where or who I play because I kinda suck at Tecmo anyway. So whether I play "cup cake" teams or "super human" teams I'll get whipped like the red headed step child that I am. MAN UP AND JUST PLAY!!!!

21 minutes ago, toolie said:

With the draft already underway we can't move teams now.  Bring up these concerns sooner! 

I am not really interested in trying to balance the talent.  If people want to keep their team they can keep their team (unlike under TSBGODcare).

Well, it should not have to be brought up as a concern..It is common sense. Well If you are not trying to balanced the talent, I guess my point is MOOT. Makes no sense to me though. Why have someone make the playoff due to a soft schedule over a good player. Should be the deserving that makes the playoffs.  3 of the top 6 players in HSRL are in the same division. Crazy, but you explained your reasoning :0

1 hour ago, drake said:

Meh. Everyone that makes the playoffs has to win some tough games. And shit, if someone besides the supposed "best" get in a playoff game, well good for them. Good to see new faces in contention.

Yeah, good if you earned it, not because you were in a lollipop division.

The NFL is the same way. Some divs are strong, some are weak. Sometimes one conference is dominant, sometimes it's an even match. Go with the flow. :D

A scripted season where all the "right" people win sounds pretty boring and really kind of pointless.

45 minutes ago, TSBGOD said:

Yeah, good if you earned it, not because you were in a lollipop division.

I think we're at a point with owner quality across the board, that if you win your division, you earned it

43 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

I think we're at a point with owner quality across the board, that if you win your division, you earned it

.Maybe to win the division, but to make playoffs, that is a different story.

49 minutes ago, TSBGOD said:

.Maybe to win the division, but to make playoffs, that is a different story.

45 minutes ago, TSBGOD said:

I am confused now LOL

6 hours ago, TSBGOD said:

Why have someone make the playoff due to a soft schedule over a good player. Should be the deserving that makes the playoffs.  3 of the top 6 players in HSRL are in the same division. Crazy, but you explained your reasoning :0

Who is anyone to say who "deserves" to make the playoffs?  Or who is a "better player" than someone else?  Honestly, that's why I love going to Tecmo Detroit Kumite tournament.  There's NO SEEDS, NO DIVISIONS, NO SEPARATION OF TALENT.... anyone can play anyone, period.  Many other live tournaments give the "high end players" preference over the general public, which I personally don't like.  

I never understood the "tecmo rankings" to give people preferential places in tournaments or online leagues.  In my honest opinion, I think everything should be random and give those people a chance to shock the world.  Random group placements, random divisions, etc.  So yeah....   :)

Not sure about other tournaments. But, at NYC and Philly they seed based on how you beat your opponents in group play. So, it is earned. Then it is only single elimination after that. 

On 1/3/2016 at 11:26 PM, hoffnasty9 said:

How did that happen lol...1 East, 1 Central and 3 West Coast guys in an eastern divison

This still makes no fucking sense though