posting issues as of 12/11

brookstonfowler

4 hours ago, brookstonfowler said:

for some reason i cannot post new topics with firefox--there is a collapsed unexpandable text area--nor does youtube video embedding seem to work anymore.  i'm able to post via chrome, though.

13 minutes ago, toolie said:

I also had a problem with Firefox.  "Old reliable" I.E. is working though. 

What version FF? What flavor OS? x86/x64?

YouTube embedding has been explained here: http://tecmobowl.org/forum/topic/67142-how-to-embed-youtube-videos/

windows 10 x64. FF v42.0  

i followed the steps in the yt embedding thread.  yt embedding doesn't work in my chrome either.  it had been working a few days ago in FF.  i also cannot click in the reply box in any thread in addition to the above issues.  i had seen an upgrade software option at the top of the forums for a few days, but ignored it as i didn't know if it was because i was an admin.  not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

YouTube embedding works fine. You have to hit enter after pasting. I've tested on every single browser across Windows<->Mac.

How are you replying to this thread if you can't click in the reply box? 

If you use any adblock software disable and it try again. Clear cache/cookies, try again. Etc, etc.

To fix issues we need specific details. 

49 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

YouTube embedding works fine. You have to hit enter after pasting. I've tested on every single browser across Windows<->Mac.

How are you replying to this thread if you can't click in the reply box? 

If you use any adblock software disable and it try again. Clear cache/cookies, try again. Etc, etc.

To fix issues we need specific details. 

in his 1st post brookston said he could post via chrome, which is necessary for me as well since I also have the same problem on this site with firefox, my preferred browser..... I first noticed the problem yesterday (I can't type into the "Reply to this topic..." box).  Tried what you suggested (adblocker/cookies/cache), did not fix the problem.  If anyone finds a solution, I'd appreciate it... thanks.

2 hours ago, manyo360 said:

in his 1st post brookston said he could post via chrome, which is necessary for me as well since I also have the same problem on this site with firefox, my preferred browser..... I first noticed the problem yesterday (I can't type into the "Reply to this topic..." box).  Tried what you suggested (adblocker/cookies/cache), did not fix the problem.  If anyone finds a solution, I'd appreciate it... thanks.

'"i also cannot click in the reply box in any thread in addition to the above issues" doesn't mention FF or Chrome. Come on, dogg. Plus, he is a developer and knows how ultra specific you need to be to troubleshoot anything. winkwink

I'll look into Firefox and IPB issues. Odd that one browser has all the issues. I wonder if it is all Gecko browers.

I tried out firefox on win 7, made sure I updated to the latest version  and 

1. Could NOT type in the  "reply to this topic" box. 

2. Clicking on the blue quote text did nothing as well 

3. Tried disabling all plugins and it did not fix #1 or #2. 

Did some google searching and didn't find much but found a few instances of people complaining about firefox not working in a WYSISYG editor. 

• 1 month later...