most points ever scored in one game?

mpp

Haven't you guys ever considered tape recording (or DVD recording for you rich bastards with DVD recorders) an NES game straight from the console? It's so easy, just plug your NES up to your VCR and record while you play. I had friends who used to do that back in the 80's to prove their high scores with other games. Later, if you want to email your proof, you could always get a friend who has a TV card take a JPEG screenshot of your accomplishments or even make an MPEG of your game.

And this works?

I've never heard of such a thing. It would be cool though because I got a DVD/VCR for Christmas, and this computer has a DVD player, I could record games I play and transfer them to the computer, that would be the coolest thing in the world (for my attention span - right now).

I tackle the QB and let them fumble but instead of trying to recover the fumble I just shread off all of the Pats players that come at the ball to recover it and eventually one of my guys will recover it and score. It is amazing that as soon as some of those guys touch LT they go flying like bowling pins.

You can't recover fumbles, anyway. It's some sort of bug in the game. I think you can recover blocked field goals, however.

• 1 month later...

i used the colts against the seahawks with the all time franchise best players rom.. i won 133-7

i recovered a shit load of onsides kicks and just threw the ball deep every play. here is the pics to prove it

you must copy paste in your browser to view

http://www.geocities.com/keldog2205/ooo.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/keldog2205/000.JPG

Jokey,

By the way, I hate Pat Beach, why on earth did you pick that nickname/handle??

EXACTLY!! P.B. sucks like fire ants. Isn't it fun?

are you playing your games on the NES console? Wouldn't you rather do it on the nesticle to have a little proof about our stories?

I haven't played any yet. What are your stats?

Pat Beach is the Steve Grogan of tight ends. Or at least the Wade Wilson of TE's.

Two things

1. I think if you hit F9 it will take a snapshot of the screen as opposed to having to take a screen shot of the entire game.

2. This was a Colts All-Time great team vs. the original? Seahawks team. No matter who you're playing with it's tough to score over 100 but this is like doing it with a team better than the Niners or Giants.

i used the colts against the seahawks with the all time franchise best players rom.. i won 133-7

i recovered a shit load of onsides kicks and just threw the ball deep every play. here is the pics to prove it

you must copy paste in your browser to view

http://www.geocities.com/keldog2205/ooo.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/keldog2205/000.JPG

i wasnt trying to brag or anything like that

i just got bored and decided to see how many points i could rack up... it was the colts all time best vs. the seahawks all time best.. i can put up over 100 easy with the eagles regular squad as well. i will take a pic of that when i feel like doin it

• 6 years later...

I wonder what's the most points somebody could score in a game of Tecmo using save-state abuse. I know it goes against the spirit, but I'm sure you're all familiar with Tool-Assisted Speedruns, where you use save-states and other emulator features such as slow-down to completely beat the sh*t out of a game? So I wonder, could somebody theoretically put up 200 pts in a TSB game using such tools? At some point there's an upper limit that's impossible to reach even with save-states (like 1000 pts), but what is that limit?

I wonder what's the most points somebody could score in a game of Tecmo using save-state abuse. I know it goes against the spirit, but I'm sure you're all familiar with Tool-Assisted Speedruns, where you use save-states and other emulator features such as slow-down to completely beat the sh*t out of a game? So I wonder, could somebody theoretically put up 200 pts in a TSB game using such tools? At some point there's an upper limit that's impossible to reach even with save-states (like 1000 pts), but what is that limit?

I would think the most efficient way would be to onside and TD bomb.

I'm not quite sure 200 would be realistic as scoring 50 a quarter would be practically impossible.

This seems like something to shoot for though

• 2 weeks later...

It's sooommeewhere here buried in an oooolllddd thread (I think it's still around anyways), but I once beat the CPU 50-something to 0 mid-season. Using the Bears I think.

Without running a single offensive play.

I have the screenie somewhere still too but lord knows where... I've cracked 100 a few times using the 49ers, Eagles, Oilers, and yes the Chiefs, all legit with no changes to the CPU starting lineups or playbooks. 200 is pie-in-the-sky. 150 seems doable.

I don't know that changing the gamespeed would make much of a difference, especially if you can already beat a picked play yourself anyways. I once slowed down NHL 94 to try and do better, and the result was a boring game neither team could score in. Slowing games down doesn't seem to work so well for sports games, where rhythm usually means something.

• 5 years later...

Highest I remember was 99-0. I know it should of been more but the counter stops at 99. It's been years, but I was the Chiefs... running the same off-tackle play with Christian Okoye would be a touchdown every time. On defense playing as the nose guard a sack was guaranteed every time if you dove right as the ball was snapped. So the game was sack after sack followed by a guaranteed Okoye touchdown.

• 2 months later...