hoffnasty9

TSBGOD Quit His Playoff Game

What should TSBGOD's Punishment Be?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. TSBGOD should

• receive 2 Demerits
    • receive 3 Demerits
    • be booted from HSTL

With 26 seconds left, TSBGOD quit his playoff game against Diaz.  I uncovered this when I asked Diaz why the NSV wasn't complete because I wanted to upload the video to accompany the recap.  2 Demerits were handed out Last time this occurred.  However, the stakes are higher in this one.  TSBGOD did message Diaz within an hour after and apologized.  Votes are private.  Voting is open until I get to work Friday morning.

Edited by hoffnasty9

24 minutes ago, manyo360 said:

can someone link to the previous time this happend plz?  just for a little context before i vote, i mustn't have been around when it happened.....

thanks for the link hoff..... f'n rob! haha, just noticed he's not around, which is too bad in some ways even tho he is a former cheater and we weren't exactly what you would call tecmo buddies, but anyway......

i have a slight disagreement that this instance is "higher stakes" and therefore possibly a greater punishment..... quitting = quitting, whether it's TPC or an HSTL playoff game, imo....... if anything, the "higher stakes" almost makes it more understandable for the emotional meltdown........ this incident pretty much parallels rob's transgression in my mind, and that seemed like a fair shake as a precedent......... well anyway, 2 demerits is my vote, no reason to boot him for this alone....... but it was the apology that makes that my vote, if he hadn't come back with that, then yeah das boot dat ass.

3 hours ago, bradbears81 said:

Stole the words right out of my mouth....  wonder if he'll do that when he's getting owned in the HSRL playoffs.  

If you are owning me in HSRL playoffs Brad, I will 100% quit on you. No need to wonder...it is a fact :)

There was 25 secs to go, stop getting your panties in a bunch. R E L A X

RELAX.jpg

Edited by TSBGOD

2 hours ago, TSBGOD said:

If you are owning me in HSRL playoffs Brad, I will 100% quit on you. No need to wonder...it is a fact :)

There was 25 secs to go, stop getting your panties in a bunch. R E L A X

RELAX.jpg

Diaz has already reaped one league soul.... maybe we can grab a second!?

Don't_Fear_the_Reaper.gif

shiz it.  this is why a bad ass tsb player, like me, does not play online, with anyone but friends.  d-bags like this TSBGOD guy.  sorry.  but for real, quitters and cheaters is why you won't see me wasting my time online gaming tsb.

I know in the former version of this forum, I could "weed out" threads like this, but alas, I do not have that luxury anymore due to the upgrade, and have seen this thread for too long - and I've chimed in for the hell of it.

3 hours ago, buck said:

shiz it.  this is why a bad ass tsb player, like me, does not play online, with anyone but friends.  d-bags like this TSBGOD guy.  sorry.  but for real, quitters and cheaters is why you won't see me wasting my time online gaming tsb.

I know in the former version of this forum, I could "weed out" threads like this, but alas, I do not have that luxury anymore due to the upgrade, and have seen this thread for too long - and I've chimed in for the hell of it.

Good..Don't let the doot hit you in the ass on the way out... SEE YA!

13 hours ago, bradbears81 said:
6 hours ago, buck said:

Diaz has already reaped one league soul.... maybe we can grab a second!?

Don't_Fear_the_Reaper.gif

6 hours ago, buck said:

I would be the same way as you buck but there is literally no tecmo players around me for about 1.5 hours so online is all I have to play and I am very thankful for it. Stuff like this is good entertainment for me, i rarely ever take this stuff online very serious.

1 hour ago, justinpeters51 said:

I would be the same way as you buck but there is literally no tecmo players around me for about 1.5 hours so online is all I have to play and I am very thankful for it. Stuff like this is good entertainment for me, i rarely ever take this stuff online very serious.

Right on. I've got my brother nearby to play against, but that's it. Plus, for every rotten apple I've encountered online, I've met about 10 really good dudes.

It makes the live tournaments that much more fun when you get to meet all the people you've been chatting and playing with online. It's like our own little fraternity.

Honestly if someone quits on me with a few seconds left in the game I AM WINNING I could care less.  My friends and I had the RESET rule....

If you were down 21+ at any time in the second half you were free to concede victory and reset the game. 

6 minutes ago, bruddog said:
6 minutes ago, bruddog said:

Honestly if someone quits on me with a few seconds left in the game I AM WINNING I could care less.  My friends and I had the RESET rule....

If you were down 21+ at any time in the second half you were free to concede victory and reset the game. 

I also wouldn't care, except in this instance you have to run through the nsv to get a state (from as late as possible), and if you weren't recording the game (this is one reason you should always record) you're essentially screwed. 

25 minutes ago, toolie said:

I also wouldn't care, except in this instance you have to run through the nsv to get a state (from as late as possible), and if you weren't recording the game (this is one reason you should always record) you're essentially screwed.

I save the state every quarter for condition checker purposes anyway. There are also certain players that I save the state more frequently during the game, because I know they have a history of rage quitting. If someone decides to quit before the end, I think it's fair game to reload the most recent save state and finish out the game against the CPU. Then I get the full state from there.

1 hour ago, vikingmoe02 said:

There are also certain players that I save the state more frequently during the game, because I know they have a history of rage quitting. If someone decides to quit before the end, I think it's fair game to reload the most recent save state and finish out the game against the CPU. Then I get the full state from there.

Ya if i have a feeling a possible quit could be coming on I'll save more frequently once it gets to the 4th. 

2 hours ago, bruddog said:

Ya if i have a feeling a possible quit could be coming on I'll save more frequently once it gets to the 4th. 

Same as I do.... TIP for tecmoers.....Not too hard to do :)